The Status of Muppet*Vision 3D

Monorail_Red_77

Here's what I don't understand. If they're painting over the mural for it to fit with Galaxy's Edge...

THE MURAL ISN'T EVEN FACING THE DARN LAND!!! SO THERE'S NO POINT
I think it is to blend in this area of the Muppet exit. Otherwise it makes no sense.

In other parts of Studios.... similar color scheme with new Disney Junior area in Animation Courtyard. Maybe over time all of the studio style building will get this new color scheme.

Also, RnR Gravity Bldg looks similar as well. Seen here from parking lot.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

In general, I think the blue/gray color scheme is a lot more pleasing to the eye than the beige ("soundstage-color") buildings. It also makes those buildings fade into the background a little more, so that one's attention is drawn to other, more richly-themed buildings.

Regarding the Muppets theming of this area, it really doesn't create a true "sense of place" that fits with the new direction of the park. A "frenetic"-style design can work inside an attraction like MV3D, but spilling out into a more general area really makes DHS less immersive.

If they replace or re-facade Studio 1 Store, the area could feel like a real place that one is transported to, and that would be another step in the right direction for DHS.

Put another way, the area around MV3D reminds me of Dinoland/Dino-Rama: too much jarring, clashing, etc. Toning it down will make it jive better with the surrounding areas, and also just feel better to be in.

I think our love of MV3D and nostalgia might be getting in the way of our perception of this area. Objectively, these changes seem to make it less tacky and more aesthetic.

But this is all just my humble opinion, of course.

TJJohn12

I think our love of MV3D and nostalgia might be getting in the way of our perception of this area. Objectively, these changes seem to make it less tacky and more aesthetic.

I’m actually really confused how these two are even linked in some folks’ minds. I’m a HUGE booster of MV3D - it’s the last project that Jim worked on and is nearly sacred in my book. But I HATE the slapdash zanny paint scheme - especially on Studio 1 Store. It never felt like it was anything worth paying attention to or “loving.” It felt cheap and under-imagined. The snowman outside “It’s a Wonderful Store” bothers me in a similar way - feels cheap and takes me out of the place instead of putting me in one.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Boy, could you have imagine if they had done TSM as Muppet Midway Mania...Just a thought here...
I actually love this idea...

On another idea, what if Muppets land was expanded and took over Star Tours with Bunsen and Beaker creating this brand new dimension travel experience, with all of the muppets on board... And of course, the Muppets that were on the ship keep causing mayhem throughout the different dimensions.

Cmdr_Crimson

I actually love this idea...

On another idea, what if Muppets land was expanded and took over Star Tours with Bunsen and Beaker creating this brand new dimension travel experience, with all of the muppets on board... And of course, the Muppets that were on the ship keep causing mayhem throughout the different dimensions.
Yeah I brought that up in another post..

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yeah I brought that up in another post..
Ahhhh. So obviously this should be a no-brainer for Disney ;D

Bender123

Shame they made this a problem with the floating Islands being visible by the front gate by AK for Pandora or are we to "speculate" they are just big rocks from where we enter the front gate?

Immersion is from inside the park and/or area...From the front of MK, you can clearly see Space Mountain and a 1900s train station...not exactly theme consistent. You cant 100% cover every sightline from outside the borders of the park.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Personally I think it's time for the muppets to go and that theatre to be reworked and updated to Mickey and the magician from Paris.

Actually, anything will be better than the muppets.

there is a TON of untapped potential in the Muppets and the characters... Disney has just never figured it out the right way

I think they need to bring back the old style Muppet Show on the Disney Channel or ABC Family (or whatever it's called now) and have a special guest at times - so much comedy potential for both adults and kids.

also, its time to update the Muppet 3D show... new film/effects/etc.

pizzarizzo needs an AA or even screen technology of the Swedish chef to look like he's preparing meals which could be hilarious

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom