The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Spark70

Well in their defense it's not like the competition is planning on having a fire breathing dragon available all day any time soon.

True...

Attachments

• WWoHP Dragon.jpg
    WWoHP Dragon.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 146

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm going to assume here that you mean "older" as in "veteran board member" as opposed to age. o_O Because while my hair line may be receding... It's not yet in full on RETREAT like some spirits I know!! :D

I figured with all those females in your home that you were likely 28 and only looked like you were 78!!!:p

As for me, I think hair is VERY important (ask @Lee) and am thinking the Jimmy Fallon hairpiece looks better than the Jon Cryer spray-on stuff.:D

I'm considering suing @WDWFigment for false advertising, since you mentioned him. I've scoured every nook and cranny of adventureland trying to find the bacon wrapped fried rice ball he's been teasing me with a picture of for weeks now, to no avail. Even showed a picture of said bacon wrapped tastiness to a few cm's and... Nothing. But he did point me to the tapioca drink at boiler room bites. So I'll give him that.

I never saw the item when I was there, but that was three years ago now. I surely would have tried it, had I.
I am very curious as to how much @WDWFigment spent on snacks while at TDR!!! I am sure he easily put up Faux Top One Percent numbers!:)

As far as non-Asians here... We've seen exactly 8 so far after 4 days in the parks. And that includes Australia and the UK. Really, less than the last time we were here. But... We did see one American family that was doing their part to uphold our American stereotype... They were all huge, they were loud and boorish, AND they had both an ECV and a giant stroller in tow. 'Murica!!! (And for those that have been here , you know just how out of place they looked)

Oh, yeah, I can only imagine how out of place they looked.

I am truly surprised that you haven't crossed paths with any of the others who are there. ... Although the only Americans who we saw in 4 1/2 days in 2010 were all friends of ours who lived in Tokyo or were there to hang out with us. Americans don't go to TDR ... but most Americans can't (or won't) travel abroad anyway.

One other thought that I've mentioned a few times here, but it needs to be said over and over. How rides like Pinocchio and Snow White have 50 minute lines and Sindbad is a walk on nearly all day baffles me. Utterly baffles me. And in a way, it makes me sad, because I worry it could be closed to cut costs due to lack of ridership and presumed maintenance costs. That would be a very sad day. I'm sure part of it is location, as it's buried in the back corner of the park. But I'm sure they assumed it would act as an anchor and It just doesn't. I don't know why, but it doesn't. Upsetting. A true gem.

I don't see OLC closing it. That would kill me. That attraction is one of my world-wide Disney faves. I had hoped that it would draw better once they placed the Jasmine spinner in front of it. ... But maybe there's something about boat rides they don't like there ... PoC is not nearly as popular there as many of TDL's other E-Tix are. On our last visit we had an entire boat to ourselves one night.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I refuse to believe Disney is going to not have any brand new attractions opening at WDW between now and Avatar Land. That's close to 4 years without any new content! Do they really think the watered down half-arsed Fantasyland renovation is going to tide everyone over? Have they given any thought to what is going to happen this summer when phase 2 of Harry Potter opens at Universal that will not only have new immersive environments to explore but also REAL new legitimate rides (and more importantly shops and restaurants that people will have no problem spending money in because they are having such an incredible experience being immersed in the world)? What happens after that when the massive Islands of Adventure projects get announced? I'm still waiting for Disney's response to Transformers

I don't think anyone is going to be buying Disney's stupid timeshares because they will be too busy having a great time at Universal and other Orlando venues.

You can refuse to believe it all you like, but you aren't stupid. You know how long it takes for Disney to design, announce, and build things. And that's when it wants to. ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
EPCOT is the worlds largest outdoor bar and restaurant, All they need now is a 'Tilted Kilt' franchise to make it complete...

Look at the Disney ads all the kids are the under 8 set, no teens or young adults

I've said this before, but I'll repeat.

Last year, I signed up for the trip planning DVD. they ask all sorts of questions. I made it very clear this was an adults only trip and that all my trips would be.

So, I figured they'd tailor their crappy little DVD (complete with footage of likely dead people from 22 years ago!) to what I told them.

HAHHAHAH!!!

Not Disney.

I got a DVD where the word 'kids' would have made for one helluva drinking game. Everything was about 'kids' and what they would like and enjoy. I know exactly who WDW wants to visit the resort ... rest assured, I am not in any of their demos.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I think DCA needs a big follow-up to Carsland. Carsland did wonders for the park but they need to keep going. All they have done is brought the park up to speed where it should have been on opening day. A major groundbreaking e-ticket would be a good start. Something new...not a clone.

Remember when there was a Phase II of DCA's Extreme Makeover Theme Park Edition?

No ... good that's what Iger, Rasulo and Staggs hope.

(P.S.: the reality is that a Phase II was supposed to already be underway and with a budget of close to $1 billion ... how quickly they forget)

Funmeister

Remember when there was a Phase II of DCA's Extreme Makeover Theme Park Edition?

No ... good that's what Iger, Rasulo and Staggs hope.

(P.S.: the reality is that a Phase II was supposed to already be underway and with a budget of close to $1 billion ... how quickly they forget)

Was there anything part of "phase II" that we have not heard or was/is it still under wraps? They have/had such great momentum. Once Universal opens Potter....again....Disney will be playing catch-up......again. It's like you want to grab the company by the shoulders and shake the crap out of them while yelling "WAKE UP!"

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
say the parade is basically a mishmash.

Have not seen it either but by photo's and a few YouTubes the parade does not at first blush look cohesive.
Even the entertainers on the ground don't seem reflect the same theme as the floats in their backdrop.

Can't slam it until I see it though. Has the dragon shot fire yet? Didn't see that in the photos I saw.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So it'll be like the new Yeti -- you know, something seen functioning in all the commercials and advertising, but something that doesn't work when you see it in person.

Nothing disingenuous or misleading about that at all.

Disney doesn't lie ... ever.

It isn't a soulless multi-billion dollar multinational media behemoth that exists ONLY to increase short term shareholder value.

Nah, it's Walt's Company. It's Dreams, Wishes and MAGIC 24/7 ... run by good people who care, people proud every day to put that name tag on and best represent the great creative legacy of Walt and all his amazingly talented artists and Imagineers. Yep ... sure, believe that if you live in either Colorado or Washington and can legally smoke that pipe.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You can refuse to believe it all you like, but you aren't stupid. You know how long it takes for Disney to design, announce, and build things. And that's when it wants to. ...

You skimmed past a few steps in the Disney New Millennium process. You know how long it takes for Disney to design, announce, stop, re-imagineer, change orders, rename project and build things.

PhotoDave219

Spirited Thursday Musings:

So, how's that awesome fire-breathing dragon in the MK's first new parade in 13 years look?

Look, I like Jon Cryer -- he's probably one of the most down to Earth guys in Hollywood I have met despite making $11 million a year to tell genital and bodily function jokes -- and I like CBS, by far the best run network, BUT ... renewing Two and a Half Men for another season? Yeah, pass the bong.

For those of you who believe everything the PR mill spins, an interesting column on Anne 'Not a Creative Bone in Her Body' Sweeney's desire to leave ABC: http://variety.com/2014/tv/columns/anne-sweeney-did-the-spin-on-her-disney-exit-backfire-1201130225/ .

Did any of you catch that Bob Iger was supposed to be in China last week? Where exactly are the PR shots? Will someone find me one? Did he visit SDL, like Michael Eisner did?

OK, you want to be a Disney Lifestyler? No, you don't have to travel the world of Disney resorts (although that IS the right way to do it). But you can't claim Twitter legitimacy when your typical year is two weekends at WDW and that is it.

Halloween in Hell? Well, there is a very well-placed rumour going around that Halloween season will start at WDW in August. Yes, that is insane. Yes, that is desperate. Yes, based upon how laughable it worked out a few years ago when they pulled the same stunt on the Friday of Labor Day Weekend, it is dumb. But TDO is absolutely desperate to make the MM+/NGE numbers anyway they can.

A good friend just said that all Fastpasses for Illuminations, Fantasmic, Wishes and the new MK parade are all gone for this weekend. Yep. Welcome to the MAGICal new world of MM+.

What angers me? Well, plenty. What angers me about TV news today? Well, plenty. What has me in the 'I'd Elvis the TV if I were a gun nut' mood is the absolutely horrific, unprofessional and fear-mongering coverage of the missing Malayasian 777-200. You don't have facts at all. So, don't speculate and don't speculate for ratings, and for the interests of the US government and Boeing shareholders. ... No, there is nothing in the world to suggest the crazy theory that some of CNN's most respected 'journalists' were doing in suggesting that this plane was hijacked and landed safely in some secret locale by evildoers who are planning to then use it as a weapon against the USA. This is insanity at its greatest. Yes, CNN is dead. Totally. It has the credibility of FOX on a good day. This is a tragedy and the way it is being reported a travesty.

But you don't want to talk about current events. Or how screwed up our media can be. Nah ... you want Disney news. Only ... well, there just isn't much right now.

At this rate, you fanbois who want to throw decades away will get your wish and we'll be talking about Star Wars coming to TPFKaTD-MGMS in time for WDW's 50th Anniversary.

Two things:

The dragon did not breath fire when I saw it Wednesday. Highly recommend the parade nonetheless.

As for MH370? Yeah, WSJ has an article up basically saying it's in the Indian Ocean. The us government is dealing with a lot of conflicting info on this and at least 5 working, plausible theories. So says my people who have DHS/NTSB sources.

Magenta Panther

I have heard that one of J.K's issues with Disney was how they handled the Star Wars characters and, yes, I am deadly serious about that.

Now, I may think my plastic Emperor Stitch in my office looks kewl, but I can understand how SW purists might have an issue with that. And let's not forget all the Star Wars merchandise with Muppets (please, don't let the Oswald nut be reading now!!!)

Dude, I read almost everything in "WDW Rumors", hoping to learn something of import. That's the only reason I'm willing to plod through all your long-winded off-topic petulant Andy Rooney impressions in hopes you'll say something interesting. And FWIW, if Disney wants to blend two of their unnecessary acquisitions and go all "Island of Dr. Moreau" on them, that's fine and dandy with me. The way I see it, since they fell so far out of fashion that they had to sell their souls to Disney, it's exactly what they deserve.

But it sucks that the dragon's already broken. :{

stevehousse

Uni potter dragon looks cool! Is that for inside the ride or the dragon on top? If it's for up top, I have to say I imagined it (from the promo work) to be a lot bigger than that...anyone know more???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom