The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Figments Friend

I get that the crazy California state laws requiring workers to be protected in every eventuality is wreaking havoc with Disney's ability to plot DLR operations. But they are still doing a poor job of communicating what will be open to the public and when to trap guests (not me, I'm going no matter) who might cancel or put off visits.

Nice to hear you have plans to return to DL.
I blew off another possible WDW venture to return myself this May.

Love it out there.....Cali is awesome on more levels then just the Disney angle.
Agree regarding the shifting refurb calendar.

Hey, at least BTMR will be open...!

:)

stevehousse

Why is it that folks think taking the Speedway away is somehow the answer to MK expansion when the park has expansion pads available and plenty of land that isn't being used and could?

(and why does anyone think Disney wants to add anything to that park?)
Is the small area behind the speedway around the outer brim an expansion pad? Just curious as there seems to be enough room for a small land back there???

maxairmike

Parting thought: would anyone like a thread titled something like 'Today in the Disney Twitverse'?

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then that would be very interesting indeed. On one hand I almost couldn't believe it, but on the other I almost got dragged into a mud pit when the "person of interest" tried to drag me into a virtual slugfest via a conversation with someone in the photography community. Just ridiculous all around.

Longhairbear

Spirited Lessons of the Day:

WDW fans are so hungry for a new parade that they'll go ape-blank over a few tidbits shown to media (and social media whores). It's from Davison, so I expect that it will be damn good. But a few realities to ponder: it likely will take the Disney lawyers all of a few weeks to decide the dragon can't have a fire effect (if it doesn't simply break after they film the promo material) and it has to be great because they've probably budgeted it to play until at least 2021.

WDW fans really care about a talking trash can while the rest of the resort falls into one.

General Hospital may be the best written hour of TV that ABC puts on right now ... but Resurrection sure has my attention. How about you, Red?

It sure seems like TDR handles snow events of substance much better than Atlanta handles a dusting.

Loyalty to an airline or seeking status today is largely a losing proposition beyond not having to pay for extras ... you know like luggage or a seat with a window or on an aisle. Glad I had status when it actually meant something.

This summer is going to be brutal in Orlando, but not just the heat and humidity (which will be worse than ever for WDW guests waiting in artificially long lines for attractions that never had them and reservation kiosks to make them). No, listening to Disney fans laughably claim they still have the best product purely because of size and number of parks and timeshare resorts. Maybe I should head back to Germany.

I get that the crazy California state laws requiring workers to be protected in every eventuality is wreaking havoc with Disney's ability to plot DLR operations. But they are still doing a poor job of communicating what will be open to the public and when to trap guests (not me, I'm going no matter) who might cancel or put off visits.

If you think the Dwarfs kiddie coaster is delayed (and it is), then you haven't seen nothing because there is a possibility that DL's BTMRR will remain closed for a lot longer than March or April.

The folks at NBC really should have considered Bob Costas' eye problem as a sign of trouble in Sochi and got out of there. I just can't watch ... his eye or the coverage.

Kudos to Michael Sam for being the first gay football player in history (OK, let's all have a great laugh at that one!) ... but the first time a team official or player talks about his sexuality being a 'distraction' in not selecting him let's realize what that is code for.

Remember when Dubai was going to have Busch Gardens, Sea World, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, Universal Studios, Six Flags and Marvel theme parks? Yeah, me too.
What's causing the delay with Big Thunder at DLR?

Longhairbear

I was skimming the posts, and trip reports on another site. Some of these posters are guests that have to save up for a few years for their vacation at WDW. Quite a lot of them were agreeing with the OP that they have no plans to ever go back to WDW after the dismal experiences they had directly related to FP+. There are very few comments having a positive opinion of the new system within some of the threads, and trip reports.

John

Kudos to Michael Sam for being the first gay football player in history (OK, let's all have a great laugh at that one!) ... but the first time a team official or player talks about his sexuality being a 'distraction' in not selecting him let's realize what that is code for.

I don't mind talking about this subject, Me personally don't care if the guy is gay or not. What he does privately is none of my business. But to imply that if a team does not select him that it means somehow they are homophobic is really unfair. I have friends connected to the NFL. No head coach or general manager wants to get on a podium week after week and have to answer questions over and over about the player. They simply can live without the distraction. Is it fair? Surely not. But that isn't their job to make life fair, their job is to run a football team.

The guy decides he is going to be the first, great! I applaud him. But I don't think its fair to criticize a team that doesn't want to draft him. Not because he is gay but because what it may do to their team. It doesn't matter what the distractions are the head coach doesn't like it when the focus is on one player. He will be drafted and that team should be commended. But it will put a huge burden on that team to have to deal with what comes with the draft pick. The team that doesn't draft him shouldn't be condemned.

ParentsOf4

This summer is going to be brutal in Orlando, but not just the heat and humidity (which will be worse than ever for WDW guests waiting in artificially long lines for attractions that never had them and reservation kiosks to make them). No, listening to Disney fans laughably claim they still have the best product purely because of size and number of parks and timeshare resorts. Maybe I should head back to Germany.
Orlando will be brutal this summer ...

Because of the genuinely long lines at Universal.

Last edited:

Fe Maiden

That's weak. It was weak when Chris Kluwe said it and its weak when you say it. To think that it won't be a distraction at all is naive. I'm not saying he won't face prejudice from teams or teammates, just look for quotes that have popped up from anonymous gm's and scouts across the league already, but the onslaught of media, sports or otherwise is going to be tremendous.

A few years ago I couldn't get to my kids at summer camp to pick them up because the area was filled with cops, news vans, helicopters flying overhead. As a parent I really started to worry. What was it? Terrell Owens decided he wanted a new contract so left Eagles training camp and decided to hold court while working out on his front lawn.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic..._the_to_driveway_press_conference_2005/961635

Sometimes a distraction is really just a distraction.

PeterAlt

Talking about Avatar, last night, I attended a preview of Robocop. No complaints. Very, very good. Very entertaining. It is going to be a blockbuster, comparable to Avatar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom