The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Travel Junkie

Since we have been discussing Disney exec’s in the parks. This is from today’s Micechat coumn:

“A reader sent us the following very interesting account of Bob Iger’s magical day in the parks. It must be nice to have super powers like this:
Bob Iger was just at the Disneyland Resort with his grandkids. The family was set up with a private meet n’ greet with Frozen’s Elsa & Anna, bypassing the 3 hour wait at that popular Fantasyland location. Then they buzzed to the front of the line at all three Marvel meet n’ greets in Innoventions, before zipping to the front of the two hour Standby line at Radiator Springs Racers. "

ParkMan73

Jobs was a visionary way before these products became hip.

I suspect that the group can go round and round on this one. There's a fine line between visionary and tyrant.

I suspect that at some level, that's how we get into the situation we are now. It's hard to have a true vision - most CEOs don't. Most CEO's manage to a set of ideals or objectives - cash flow, profitability, or stock price. The true leaders do that in the context of a larger goal or idea.

For those with vision, it's got to be tough, really tough, to maintain driving to that vision. Corporations are full of people - all with their own ideas about what should happen. Any CEO - Iger, Eisner, Jobs, etc. has to sift through all those voices to continue to pursue that vision. They've got to be a bit of a tyrant.

Unless you develop a true following, it's also got to be tough to keep that drive. Over time, people find ways to do what they want anyways - it's a rare CEO who can continue to maintain the focus in pursuit of that vision for a long, long time.

ParkMan73

Since we have been discussing Disney exec’s in the parks. This is from today’s Micechat coumn:

“A reader sent us the following very interesting account of Bob Iger’s magical day in the parks. It must be nice to have super powers like this:
Bob Iger was just at the Disneyland Resort with his grandkids. The family was set up with a private meet n’ greet with Frozen’s Elsa & Anna, bypassing the 3 hour wait at that popular Fantasyland location. Then they buzzed to the front of the line at all three Marvel meet n’ greets in Innoventions, before zipping to the front of the two hour Standby line at Radiator Springs Racers. "
Wonder if this was setup in response to the Eisner visit.

Even if it wasn't, what a difference in the visuals from the two trips.

Iger - skipping lines for private sessions.
Eisner - enjoying ice cream with the grandkids.

asianway

There's only 2 meet n greets at Innoventions lol

rael ramone

I thought w/ FP(-) you only got to do 3 attractions without a wait before taking off w/o spending anything in the parks? :eek: (I know, Walt's park doesn't have that)....

Admittedly there is a part of me who wants to commend him for bringing his grandkids to the park. Just because he's a bad CEO for a creative company that got where they are by spending what's needed to make things the best doesn't mean he's a bad family man.

But the question is: Did he "personally" enjoy his time there? Was he having fun 'with his grandkids together'? Or was they only joy he experienced based on his grandkids fun, with nothing resonating with himself personally?

Funmeister

Also, execs are not the only ones required to work in the parks at peak times. Include some office and technical which covers most of Sales and Marketing.

WDW1974

Original Poster

I don't have time to play and chat here today. But I did see that and was afraid there would be 11 pages on it if I didn't comment first.

I have no idea if this is true or not. Hell, I am not even sure if Bob is a grandfather. I just did a brief check (because I had never heard that) and was unable to locate anything that proves he is. He does have two adult daughters, one who is married. Of course, he could have been with his sons and people assumed they were grandchildren.

I have no idea whether or not Micechat actually checks the validity of 'reader mail' or not.

But I can safely say that whether this was true or not, I don't believe the timing was coincidental. Bob knew Michael was going to WDW and who he was going with before Michael tweeted those adorable pics to the world. He also knew that people would make the usual excuses they do for people of power and privilege getting to cut in front of the rest of the dirty huddled masses. So, very few people would be angry that Bob Iger doesn't wait for anything and simply goes in front of people who paid to be there.

I do find it amusing that this little note just slid on into that column after the EisnerTweets, though.

Y'all have great Fridays ... and weekends! :)

Soarin' Over Pgh

Wonder if this was setup in response to the Eisner visit.

Even if it wasn't, what a difference in the visuals from the two trips.

Iger - skipping lines for private sessions.
Eisner - enjoying ice cream with the grandkids.

I'm wondering that too, if it's supposed to be a jab back from us railing on him.

But I'd really love to see him at WDW with the magicband on, and actually have to wait in line.

OH THE HUMANITY.

I don't have time to play and chat here today. But I did see that and was afraid there would be 11 pages on it if I didn't comment first.

I have no idea if this is true or not. Hell, I am not even sure if Bob is a grandfather. I just did a brief check (because I had never heard that) and was unable to locate anything that proves he is. He does have two adult daughters, one who is married. Of course, he could have been with his sons and people assumed they were grandchildren.

I have no idea whether or not Micechat actually checks the validity of 'reader mail' or not.

But I can safely say that whether this was true or not, I don't believe the timing was coincidental. Bob knew Michael was going to WDW and who he was going with before Michael tweeted those adorable pics to the world. He also knew that people would make the usual excuses they do for people of power and privilege getting to cut in front of the rest of the dirty huddled masses. So, very few people would be angry that Bob Iger doesn't wait for anything and simply goes in front of people who paid to be there.

I do find it amusing that this little note just slid on into that column after the EisnerTweets, though.

You too! Got any fun plans?

asianway

Micechats change in tone recently has been noticeable...

the.dreamfinder

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom