The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

flynnibus

Premium Member
My husband and I have said this countless times, I just don't get it. But then I also don't understand grown men with Jimmy Neutronesque haircuts and any female over the age of 5 in skin tight leggings.

I had no complaints when the trend started over in europe a few years ago :)

But dressing like a is becoming more and more tolerated now... I mean how can we seperate the working girls from the non anymore? :)

SirLink

I know who owns the content. But guess who FUNDS and MARKETS that content? Without Maker, the top YouTubers would survive as Ray William Johnson has proven, but everyone else? They'd be back to making ****ty home videos.

My point is, Disney doesn't have to do anything if they want to market something. They can simply tell Shay Carl or PewDiePie what to promote (with monetary incentive of course) and they come up with a creative way to promote it to their viewers.

All Disney had to do is tell them what they want.

Nope they go to another MCN - the people who are part of MCN have a higher quality of video upload anyway.

This will be another go.com, it will be sold off when a new CEO comes in.

crispy

I had no complaints when the trend started over in europe a few years ago :)

But dressing like a is becoming more and more tolerated now... I mean how can we seperate the working girls from the non anymore? :)

Tight leggings make women look like sluts and prostitutes? Really? Wow! I don't even know what to say to that although I am sure you will give me a 5 page argument about why you are right.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Tight leggings make women look like sluts and prostitutes? Really? Wow! I don't even know what to say to that although I am sure you will give me a 5 page argument about why you are right.

Before you get all huffy and puffy... you should note I didn't say 'tights make sluts' - The second paragraph was a continuing thought about how people dress.

Next Big Thing

This will be another go.com, it will be sold off when a new CEO comes in.
I have to completely disagree with you on that.

YouTube is HUGE and Disney just snatched the biggest Studio for YT content creators.

go.com was never even as close to as big as this is. go.com was a joke. YouTube holds a such a large amount of the market share of online video streaming (especially if you take netflix out of it since that is a paid service).

You can try and discount it all you want, say content creators will leave, that's fine. If it happens it happens. That'll be on Disney though. There's no reason they should try and force policies that will put doubt in the content creators minds about staying with the company. That would seem to be ludicrous. Also, Maker is making a transition to be much more than a YT Studio.

I know everyone here likes to cry that the sky is falling and Disney is ruining everything all the time, but maybe just give things some time to settle. If they try and screw with success, than that's on them.

SirLink

I have to completely disagree with you on that.

YouTube is HUGE and Disney just snatched the biggest Studio for YT content creators.

go.com was never even as close to as big as this is. go.com was a joke. YouTube holds a such a large amount of the market share of online video streaming (especially if you take netflix out of it since that is a paid service).

You can try and discount it all you want, say content creators will leave, that's fine. If it happens it happens. That'll be on Disney though. There's no reason they should try and force policies that will put doubt in the content creators minds about staying with the company. That would seem to be ludicrous. Also, Maker is making a transition to be much more than a YT Studio.

I know everyone here likes to cry that the sky is falling and Disney is ruining everything all the time, but maybe just give things some time to settle. If they try and screw with success, than that's on them.

Think of it this way, Marvel were making a nice side business out of licensing for gambling machines that was bringing money into the House of Mouse and they killed that. Also what is 'YT Studio' I presume your referring to a MCN(Multi Channel Network) and they did have that kinda silly stupid Blip.tv website which was terrible to use.

Well they paid over the odds for a MCN and a website those funds could of been better used elsewhere. But we as fans need the 3 Stooges out before 2016 - anything that can hurry the process up the better.

Next Big Thing

Also what is 'YT Studio' I presume your referring to a MCN(Multi Channel Network) and they did have that kinda silly stupid Blip.tv website which was terrible to use.
YouTube Studio. Basically what you described. They started originally only making content for YouTube, but recently they've been delving into other areas as well.

Next Big Thing

Maker Studios haven't made any content though ...
No, but again, they pay the bills and they've built up a good enough reputation that they've been able to delve into the music scene a bit with will.i.am doing some thing with them and Snoop Lion is actually signed to their network.

Just because the "Studio" doesn't create content doesn't mean they aren't the reason it is all happening with such high quality.

Oh, and when we are talking about the "Studio" who do you mean? CEO Shay Carl is a big name in content creation himself and co-founders Lisa Donovan, KassemG and Phillip Defranco (although there was a falling out) are all big names on the tube.

RSoxNo1

I think that's what's planned here but the person I spoke with on the phone couldn't handle it. Having said that, I'd like the other account killed so I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Update from my MDE issues. I called again last night and actually got disconnected midway through the call and they called me back. Having said that, the only thing Disney is doing is deleting the account I want deleted. They are unable to move any content, I am doing that all myself. If things weren't expiring or if I had an annual pass, they wouldn't be able to help with that. I don't view this is them helping me, I view this as them doing the bare minimum to help their guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom