The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

MerlinTheGoat

That didn't answer the question. It isn't one tiny bit rougher for you then it is for me. I'm thinking that they might be building the Mine Train just for you tender folk.
:p
Don't be ridiculous, it absolutely did answer the question. Everest is substantially above Space Mountain in thrills, I have more trouble riding Space Mountain though because the track has gotten incredibly bumpy due to a lack of proper maintenance (they added brakes to some of the drops apparently because they neglected to do proper work on the track a few years ago). It didn't used to be as bad and it's quite obvious that it's not just because my body has changed (i'm a good deal tougher than I was when I rode it as a little kid in fact). It's not about thrills, it's about coming off with bruises you didn't have before. Even the most thrilling coasters in the world will not cause bruising if the track and cars are properly maintained. Everest is immensely newer and has far less mileage put on the track than Everest, it doesn't cause any of the bruising issues that Space can.

RSoxNo1

Wow, go to actual work (bean counting) and come back to 9 or 10 unread pages.

Dear diety! I do hope Disney has more imagination than to replace Iger with Staggs or Rasulo. Rasulo would be worse though.

Happy Saint Paddy's day! I wore a suit today entirely a dark, forest green and my co-workers loved it. I understand if not everyone gets festive for this occasion.

My local Target store still has Elsa dresses, but no Anna stuff. I guess in the frozen north with a large Norwegian contingent, the ethnic look sells out first. Plus, we are a practical group. We tend to relate to nice, girl-next-door types with cool ethnic costumes and less to the impractical, super-power weilding, princess types. Ummm...full disclosure, I haven't even seen the movie yet and don't know if I will. I've been kind of disappointed in the "princess films" for a while.

Just "gleeful" about the fact that the dragon is no longer breathing fire. Whose epic fail this is (fire marshal issues, crowd safety or imagineering) doesn't matter to me. Gleeful you ask? Well yes, it kind of proves a point I've been trying to make to some other people because I travel all over and don't just "do Disney".

Whew, caught up a little.

Now, to catch up on Walking Dead....thanks for no actual spoilers.
Do you work at the Goya factory?

Californian Elitist

4.4 isn't big ... but many folks out there forget that California is earthquake territory ... I've never been in one out there and I lived there part time from 2001-08.

I was in a 6.9 in Tokyo ... at TDS ... but I missed the whole thing. Thought it was just the effects from JTTCoTE ... REALLY!!!

That should tell you how well they do things in Japan!

We had another one two weeks ago, in Marina Del Rey. That one was tiny, though.

It's amazing when you're in motion you can't feel a quake. It's normal you didn't realize it was an earthquake on Journey to the Center of the Earth haha. 6.9 is bad, hope that doesn't happen here anytime soon.

Goofyernmost

Don't be ridiculous, it absolutely did answer the question. Everest is substantially above Space Mountain in thrills, I have more trouble riding Space Mountain though because the track has gotten incredibly bumpy due to a lack of proper maintenance (they added brakes to some of the drops apparently because they neglected to do proper work on the track a few years ago). It didn't used to be as bad and it's quite obvious that it's not just because my body has changed (i'm a good deal tougher than I was when I rode it as a little kid in fact). It's not about thrills, it's about coming off with bruises you didn't have before. Even the most thrilling coasters in the world will not cause bruising if the track and cars are properly maintained. Everest is immensely newer and has far less mileage put on the track than Everest, it doesn't cause any of the bruising issues that Space can.
Guess you can ride the Mine Train with Spirit then. ;)

MerlinTheGoat

I've never been in an earthquake (and don't wish to), but it's interesting how it's possible to not even notice even a major one if you're in motion or whatever. Unlike a tornado or hurricane which you'd probably have a difficult time missing. :p

Guess you can ride the Mine Train with Spirit then. ;)
More interested in Gringotts. Maybe i'll even catch a ride with spirit without noticing it.

I'll have to see how Mine Train accommodates a tall dude like me.

JimboJones123

I sure hope that whoever comes after Iger can control the spending on CRAP! Next Gen, $200 million movies that pull in $40 million. Seriously, how many of these need to be made? At least Frozen shaved $100 million off the price tag of Tangled, so maybe the animated side is starting to reel in the spending. But how does it continue to be okay for Disney park attractions to cost 2-4x as much as they would if built at Universal? They get whole lands for the cost of a D-Ticket.

MerlinTheGoat

I sure hope that whoever comes after Iger can control the spending on CRAP! Next Gen, $200 million movies that pull in $40 million. Seriously, how many of these need to be made? At least Frozen shaved $100 million off the price tag of Tangled, so maybe the animated side is starting to reel in the spending. But how does it continue to be okay for Disney park attractions to cost 2-4x as much as they would if built at Universal? They get whole lands for the cost of a D-Ticket.
Agreed. All this apparent red tape and budget bloat nonsense needs to go. Even if we get a new CEO more interested in investing in quality park attractions (and puts a lid on the garbage fails like nextgen), there still needs to be a lot more restructuring internally to fix all the spending problems they're having...

Animaniac93-98

Tangled cost so money because Rapunzel/Rapunzel: Unbraided/Rapunzel/Tangled was in production forever before it actually got released. It's development history is not really reflective of typical Disney. Wreck-It-Ralph and Bolt also cost much less to make.

Magenta Panther

Dude, you don't know me well enough to call me 'dude' ... show some respect.

I'm willing to talk to you when I firmly believe you don't have a firm grasp on reality over your love of a character that Walt didn't even care about. Go visit the Walt Disney Family Museum and see what Oswald's creator thought. Seriously. He is only beloved by fanbois who just don't get it.

Hey, no one forces you to. While I am sure Steve appreciate the traffic, I don't want anyone reading here who feels they have to plod through anything.

Of course, this isn't the type of thread where everything gets spelled out for you. Maybe you need threads like that?

Oh, and I met Andy Rooney a few years ago at a Super Bowl. He was crotchety ... I liked him. He died soon after.

What if Walt's ghost comes back in your sleep tonight and says ''I love that green frog, and that group of talking toys really tugs at my heartstrings and that Darth Vader guy is one great baddie and son, you really need to stop sleeping with children's stuffed Mickeys and get a girlfriend?' ... Will you believe Ghost Walt that maybe you just might not be right here?

We don't know whether it is broken at all ... it could just be something designed to be off except when Celebration Place and TDO needs it on.

I think you got a few things wrong there, old man. (Since you don't want me calling you "dude"). It's people who worship puppets who have women troubles. Or so says Amy Adams, in reference to the biggest, most slobberingly fanatic Muppet fan of them all:

“The only creepy thing is the idea of whoever marries him (Jason Segel). Every time we have a new thing on the set, he says, ‘Do we own that? Do I own that? Can I own that?’ I told him, ‘You can’t have the Muppet Show sign over your driveway. You’ll never get married.’ ” http://entertainment.time.com/2011/11/23/on-the-set-of-the-new-muppets-movie/2/ :D

Why are you asking me a bizarre hypothetical question about Walt's ghost? And worse, putting those ridiculous words in his mouth? Show some respect...

As far as your meandering posts are concerned, I'd just like a little clarity, and proof that you actually do have some inside knowledge. You were pretty off-base on Pandora, after all.

I'm well aware how Walt felt about Oswald - after his animators betrayed him and Charles Mintz screwed him over. It had nothing to do with the character, who, after all, brought him his first real success. It was the theft of the character that turned him sour. I read all about that in (sadly, the late) Bob Thomas' excellent biography. But Oswald is back home again, and why shouldn't Disney use him more extensively? Now, you've been to Tokyo DisneySea, and you know that Oswald makes appearances there, right? http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/fantasy/event/springvoyage2014/enjoy.html#osw

So why shouldn't an actual Walt Disney-created character make appearances in the American parks? He'd be right at home on Buena Vista Street. He does have a following. And he sure as hell has more reason to be in a Disney park than Henson's puppets and Lucas' droids. Or those stupid blue kitty aliens for that matter.

And BTW, I don't have any Mickey stuffed toys. I've never found one I thought did him justice. :cat:

JimboJones123

Tangled cost so money because Rapunzel/Rapunzel: Unbraided/Rapunzel/Tangled was in production forever before it actually got released. It's development history is not really reflective of typical Disney. Wreck-It-Ralph and Bolt also cost much less to make.
Scrap it then. It should not be the 4th most expensive movie ever made. And PotC 3 should not be #1 for sure.

Sorry, Tangled was #2. John Carter #4.

Yes, John Carter is #4 all time.

PhotoDave219

Friday was once a great night for TV. When I was a kid we'd watch Dukes of Hazzard (hey, I was a kid too!) and then Dallas. ... ABC then did the TGIF thing in the 90s and was quite successful. FOX started X-Files on Fridays and I remember having parties with friends to watch that and then Picket Fences (great, great show ) on CBS.

Now, after years of ignoring Fridays, the networks are starting to really program it seriously again.

Naturally, CBS is doing the best with Hawaii Five-O and Blue Bloods. The first is worth watching for all the scenery ... the second I've never seen.

I'd like to say I am never home on Friday nights, but I'd also like to say that I have a few billion in off-shore accounts.

I used to watch Homicide:Life on the Streets on my fridays.....

PhotoDave219

OK, we are smack dab in the middle of spring break for colleges in the USA and spring training for MLB teams in Florida ... and ... any breathless reports of three hour waits for attractions?

That means other than the Anna and Elsa cosplay deal at Epcot. Seriously, how mentally ill must an adult be to pay $100 a day (or less) and stand in a line for 2-3-4 hours to meet college co-eds playing dress up?

Will there be any nudity on Ricky's new site? Like Lifestyler Centerfolds (we all want to see that, don't we?:geek::cry::rolleyes:)

The only 3 hour wait would be driving through Tampa traffic. I-4 & 275 needs detonation.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've never been in an earthquake (and don't wish to), but it's interesting how it's possible to not even notice even a major one if you're in motion or whatever. Unlike a tornado or hurricane which you'd probably have a difficult time missing. :p

More interested in Gringotts. Maybe i'll even catch a ride with spirit without noticing it.

I'll have to see how Mine Train accommodates a tall dude like me.

Having been close to a bunch of 3-5 magnitudes on the east coast frequently all you notice is a noise but the noise itself sounds like God snapping His fingers along with a slight tremor. You think there has been a transformer explosion nearby, Turns out it was an earthquake.

yeti

But Oswald is back home again, and why shouldn't Disney use him more extensively? Now, you've been to Tokyo DisneySea, and you know that Oswald makes appearances there, right? http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/fantasy/event/springvoyage2014/enjoy.html#osw

FWIW, I walked all over the place in TDR with the Oswald ears on, and they looked at me like I had two heads. They, who take "disney dress-up" to the most outrageous extremes...do I even have to post an example?

They even got me on candid camera--within HOURS, I go back to my hotel room, and there I was on the daily photo update at Deepdisney.com.

So if he is indeed reemerging (or just emerging?) over there, you're welcome. :D

Magenta Panther

FWIW, I walked all over the place in TDR with the Oswald ears on, and they looked at me like I had two heads. They, who take "disney dress-up" to the most outrageous extremes...do I even have to post an example?

They even got me on candid camera--within HOURS, I go back to my hotel room, and there I was on the daily photo update at Deepdisney.com.

So if he is indeed reemerging (or just emerging?) over there, you're welcome. :D

He's already been on a float at TDL for their Easter Wonderland parade.

And there's this: Oswald will make his first appearance as a meet-and-greet character at the Tokyo Disney Resort in April2014. This marks his first appearance as a walk-around character at any Disney theme park.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Oswald_the_Lucky_Rabbit

The Crafty Veteran

Hoping I do this right.
@WDW1974, my I ask if you're a reporter or writer of some kind? I see lots of little professional touches to your posts and was just curious. When I joined this web page I got a nice little message from a young lady who said you and one other poster here were must reads and while I don't agree with all you write, you certainly are entertaining. Thank you.

Astro Blaster

Well, the problem is we have many 400-pounders who can barely walk, paying Disney just so they can get the bling.

That just makes me sick as someone who used to run competitively (really! ancient times!) and who has many friends who regularly run and COMPLETE the Disney races. Sorry, but you want the race medal? You gotta finish the race or you should get some small pin or a certificate of competing.

I think we already had this discussion and it turned nasty, but I don't care. I'm right.
Wait wait wait...you can get the actual race medal just by paying?

Is that new? I ran the wine and dine half in 2012 and they gave you a medal after you crossed the finish line. You get plenty of stuff before the race and get into the Epcot after party just for signing up, but it would be kinda sad to get the finisher's medal if you didn't finish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom