The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Computer Magic

Sorry if this was mentioned, but more dumping on the finer things at Disney. Even you don't rent the watercrafts, it always fun to watch the traffic on the water....These resorts are going to look like a ghost town with all the watercrafts removed.

Port Orleans Riverside was ending boat rentals - that includes pontoon boats and Sea Raycers. In addition, Old Key West and all other moderate resorts have ended the marina boat rentals as well (fishing, biking, and Pirate Cruises will continue).

Soarin' Over Pgh

It's so refreshing to see people so excited about Disney's new dragon that spouts fire from it's mount on the side of the tower and that AMAZING looking train ride!

My Facebook feed is abuzz with anticipation and excitement, with folks proclaiming they're already booked for trips and so many !!!!!!!!!!! going on that I can't stand to even look at it.

So glad Disney got Harr...oh.

doctornick

I was informed this week that Monstropolis is back from the dead, which is super depressing. Hope it's not true, as it does NOT fit the bill.

The only reason I hope Monstropolis is on the table -- I agree that it's a poor fit for DCA -- is that it makes it more likely that TDO might finally add the door coaster to Soundstage 1 in DHS, which desperately needs that capacity. I know that it's not in th eplans by TDO, but I've got to think that if DCA is getting it, it makes it more likely to shave the developmental costs and put it in DHS when TDO acknowledges that they need a ride (or 5) ASAP there.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well, it all depends on what you think of Ricky's tastes and opinions.

Many people I respect, some friends who work in the business and were looking forward to this, say the parade is basically a mishmash. Like a bunch of people worked on one float or aspect of the parade without having a clue how it would fit in with the others. One friend referred to it as a 'pick 'em' parade ... as in they went in to see what was in other parades worldwide and picked parts of them to stick in this one.

I haven't seen it in person yet. When I do, then I'll offer an unbiased opinion.
I saw this photo on All Ears today. I can't figure out how it blends with the rest of the floats or the entertainers on the ground. I look at the Princesses and it maybe the camera angle or the light but they don't have that 'young' princess look to them.

5_7_1275.jpg

AllEars.net

Soarin' Over Pgh

I saw this photo on All Ears today. I can't figure out how it blends with the rest of the floats or the entertainers on the ground. I look at the Princesses and it maybe the camera angle or the light but they don't have that 'young' princess look to them.

5_7_1275.jpg

AllEars.net

Errr.. they do look kinda aged don't they?

It's the Florida sun.

I am glad they got shoved into the parade, though. They're very popular characters. Even if they're in their 30s. :)

DrActorKJ

WDW's Deluxe and Moderate Resorts were crowded when the theme parks were exciting and dynamic. They were crowded when those with discriminating tastes and the financial means to be selective with their vacation choices picked WDW because it was the best place to vacation. This is not a "WDW vs. Universal" debate. This is a WDW vs. Hawaii, Atlantis, or Europe debate.

WDW's staleness and reduced quality has not gone unnoticed among a discerning, trendy, jet-set crowd. WDW's status has plummeted among the country club elite.

We love WDW (and hate what's happening to it) because we remember happier times spent over years and even decades. We are devoted to WDW, good or bad.

However, most WDW vacationers don't feel that way. For them, WDW is just that, a vacation.

Among the Honey Boo Boo crowd, a stay in a Value Resort or even offsite is the best vacation they can afford. WDW is attracting them. WDW's theme parks are crowded.

However, as a premium vacation, WDW no longer is the sparking example it once was. WDW no longer is as competitive among big spenders. In the battle for the vacation dollars of the nation's top earners, WDW is losing.

@WDW1974 has written it many times but it's worth repeating. Corporate Disney has Wal-Marted WDW.

I used to be a regular WDW visitor. My wife and I even got engaged there in 2005 and married there in 2007. A year and a half ago we took my wife's sister's family there for a week. We have no plans to return. Why would we? It's stale. And it's going to be for the foreseeable future. Instead of going back next month, we're going to the Bahamas. The only way Disney will be seeing any of my dollars in the next few years is if we head back to California (if you haven't been to Disneyland and DCA, shame on you. What are you waiting for?) or if we take @WDW1974's advice and take a DCL cruise. Any trip to Orlando in the next few years will involve days spent at UNI, SWO and BGT, but most likely not WDW.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Errr.. they do look kinda aged don't they?

It's the Florida sun.

I am glad they got shoved into the parade, though. They're very popular characters. Even if they're in their 30s. :)

I'm thinking that has to be one of the poorest quality wigs I've seen at Disney, both the meet and greet photos and the parade. It looks Halloween Store quality.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The last dozen times I've logged onto this site, I've had a different banner from one company at the top of the screen and another banner from a different company at the bottom of the screen.

The top ad is telling me straight forward- you get two days for $93. It's fairly basic, with a white background but a colorful and currently popular character positioned to the mid-right. To the far right, in red letters, is wording advertising a new ride with said popular character. The company's name can easily be overlooked, as it's in white on a black background, on a bar, at the bottom of the ad.

The bottom ad says "Get a FREE offer when you upgrade to a package!" but doesn't say what, or what the upgrade 'value' is. The ad itself is mostly blue with a vague outline of a well known hotel. The company's name is on the far right.

Going only by these two ads, regardless of the companies, which sounds more appealing? Where are you most likely to 'click' based on appearance and details given?

Disney, are you listening?

Hello?

Bueller?

WDWFanDave

Uni is keeping in lockstep with WDW's one-day ticket but that's a special case. No one's going to lower the price of the one-day ticket. There's no need to.

The one-day ticket buyer (and there are a lot of them) arrive at the gate having already paid for parking and pretty much committed to that theme park for that day. They haven't planned ahead (at least not carefully) and nearly always are going to pay the price, whatever the price.

It's the multiday ticket that shows real pricing strategy. Let's consider the hopper ticket.

2-day WDW vs. Uni
$237 vs. $176

3-day WDW vs. Uni
$323 vs. $186

4-day WDW vs. Uni
$354 vs. $196

AP WDW vs. Uni
$634 vs. $280

Step away from the one-day ticket and the two resorts are priced nothing alike.

At WDW, the problem isn't getting guests into Value Resorts. WDW's Value Resorts are crowded. The badly mispriced "value" Family Suites aside, AOA was built because WDW needed it.

Disney's problem is getting guests to pay for WDW's grossly overpriced Deluxe and Moderate Resorts.

DVC is not the answer. In fact, it's one of WDW's long-term financial problems. (But that's for another post.)

The solution to WDW's hotel woes are in the theme parks.

WDW's Deluxe and Moderate Resorts were crowded when the theme parks were exciting and dynamic. They were crowded when those with discriminating tastes and the financial means to be selective with their vacation choices picked WDW because it was the best place to vacation. This is not a "WDW vs. Universal" debate. This is a WDW vs. Hawaii, Atlantis, or Europe debate.

WDW's staleness and reduced quality has not gone unnoticed among a discerning, trendy, jet-set crowd. WDW's status has plummeted among the country club elite.

We love WDW (and hate what's happening to it) because we remember happier times spent over years and even decades. We are devoted to WDW, good or bad.

However, most WDW vacationers don't feel that way. For them, WDW is just that, a vacation.

Among the Honey Boo Boo crowd, a stay in a Value Resort or even offsite is the best vacation they can afford. WDW is attracting them. WDW's theme parks are crowded.

However, as a premium vacation, WDW no longer is the sparking example it once was. WDW no longer is as competitive among big spenders. In the battle for the vacation dollars of the nation's top earners, WDW is losing.

@WDW1974 has written it many times but it's worth repeating. Corporate Disney has Wal-Marted WDW.

Just wanted to chime in, as just for fun today I priced the difference in rooms between Cabana Bay and Art of Animation Family Suites. (Cabana Bay is also a family suite quote with a kitchenette, etc.). Week following Easter, Monday thru Thursday. Cabana Bay is $209 per night plus tax; AoA is $320 per night (discounted from $377) plus tax. 4 nights premium is $444 (or $672 without the AoA springtime promo discount). Seems like I could go stay at Cabana Bay and get my tickets to Universal for less than it would cost to just stay at AoA. Craziness. I can foresee a time when we return to the area for vacation and stay at Cabana Bay and just travel to WDW for a day or two (at most).

In the past, I've traveled many times to the Orlando area, and with little exception have enjoyed staying on WDW property. Going forward, it'll have to be one heck of a discount to get me near the place, if ever again on property.

bhg469

Just wanted to chime in, as just for fun today I priced the difference in rooms between Cabana Bay and Art of Animation Family Suites. (Cabana Bay is also a family suite quote with a kitchenette, etc.). Week following Easter, Monday thru Thursday. Cabana Bay is $209 per night plus tax; AoA is $320 per night (discounted from $377) plus tax. 4 nights premium is $444 (or $672 without the AoA springtime promo discount). Seems like I could go stay at Cabana Bay and get my tickets to Universal for less than it would cost to just stay at AoA. Craziness. I can foresee a time when we return to the area for vacation and stay at Cabana Bay and just travel to WDW for a day or two (at most).

In the past, I've traveled many times to the Orlando area, and with little exception have enjoyed staying on WDW property. Going forward, it'll have to be one heck of a discount to get me near the place, if ever again on property.

We were really let down with CBR also. I have to say I still love Coronado Springs but at the current rates I would not stay there if cabana bay value rooms are available. CBR was a super 8 motel. The food court was really terrible too, way below value resort IMO

Cesar R M

Ouch, at least the WDW AAs look okay most of the time.
she forgot to get a sun blocker lotion??

Geriatric Elsa. I hope she has a good healthcare provider.
she really looks old in this pic D:
Sorry if this was mentioned, but more dumping on the finer things at Disney. Even you don't rent the watercrafts, it always fun to watch the traffic on the water....These resorts are going to look like a ghost town with all the watercrafts removed.

Port Orleans Riverside was ending boat rentals - that includes pontoon boats and Sea Raycers. In addition, Old Key West and all other moderate resorts have ended the marina boat rentals as well (fishing, biking, and Pirate Cruises will continue).
I still wonder what is their excuse for removing the boat rentals?
are they gonna add so many boat transfers between resorts that will make the private ones moth?
the resorts are hurting so bad for customers that noone rents them? (and instead of lowering prices of the resorts.. they just decide to cut the boat rentals?)

Guys, I'm pretty sure it's just the angle - home girl doesn't look old, but that wig doesn't help anybody. I honestly think they botched Elsa's park look altogether - the dress isn't right either.
they honestly looked pretty old in the MEET AND GREET.
at least Elsa I mean... (anna looks 25+ and elsa 35+)

Funmeister

5_7_1275.jpg

AllEars.net

I want to say this segment was originally for Princess Aurora? It was re-purposed for Frozen. I am pretty sure they retrofitted the float to get something Frozen in there. God forbid they actually add another float.

GiveMeTheMusic

I want to say this segment was originally for Princess Aurora? It was re-purposed for Frozen. I am pretty sure they retrofitted the float to get something Frozen in there. God forbid they actually add another float.

In Tokyo, that space was for Aurora and Phillip. It was redesigned for Tiana and Naveen, complete with Ray and Evangeline, only to be redone at the last minute for Frozen. That's why Tiana and Naveen are now standing on its backside, against an unthemed wall of flowers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom