The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@WDW1974 Any opinions on the leadership changes for WDW? Are these people just too far down the food chain for anyone to care? Maybe moving transportation under resort operations is the biggest change, but what does that really mean for us?

Edit: Never mind, I saw your post in the other thread. That's what I thought:(

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
So no Cosmos for you, @WDW1974?

No. Actually forgot about it.

Wanted to catch Resurrection on ABC ... thought it was promising. Easily the best drama the network has debuted this year. It had a Lost vibe that I enjoyed.

I am also enjoying NBC's Believe right now.

Funny how the teams behind these shows were also behind two of Oscar's favorite films this year.

WDW1974

Original Poster
What did they call the whopper?

The Whopper is indeed the Whopper worldwide.

I had one at a train station in Germany in December. Better than an American one. And with a very sizeable side salad that didn't taste like it had been in a fridge for four days.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Alright, another unapologetic vote for icey cold Coke!

And an interesting comment on the fries! At a McD's in Hong Kong I ordered fries to go along with my icey cold Coke, and the first bite was a revelation- an instant flashback to tastes and smells of my youth. I've often read that smells are powerful stimulators of memory, and those fries proved it to me. The best fries I've ever had...

When I was living in HK and done with work, I'd often take the MTR to the Tung Chung station, grab a McD's meal and head into HKDL (one connection away) for a few hours. The taste of everything from the Big Mac to the fries to the Coke (not to mention all sorts of great local cakes and desserts at the McCafe) brought me back to childhood when McD's was actually good in the USA.

WDW1974

Original Poster

WDW1974

Original Poster
If they put more shopping and dining in a new street behind Main Street, do you think there is a possibility that they may convert Main Street shops back to more unique individual stores and shift the mega mall to the back street?

Nope.

That ship sailed a long time ago ... and sunk.

Cesar R M

Of course they are.

They are Disney. They can lie to the public and get away with it. And that is exactly what they do.

And the media ... well, let's not even go there ...
sadly, it almost feels like they hired the Iraqui information minister (aka Comical Ali) to do their PR stunts..
anyone remembers the "chat about sharing information" of the dwarf mine ride?

WDW1974

Original Poster
. Also, JFB is one hot mama.

Yes, so much better to stab you in the back as publicists live to do, especially ones who work for soul-sucking organizations such as Disney.

If you don't think that Jenn and Steven and Gary and Co were all cast for their on-stage roles, then you know nothing about the way PR works at that level.

How can anyone find fault with a lovely youngish blonde mama ... right?

WDW1974

Original Poster
I think that Letterman brought originality and the was the first of his kind in late night and it showed. He even admits to mailing it in today, but the Letterman of 'Late Night' was simply outstanding. He was hungry. Period. While I don't watch him much, I find Craig Ferguson to be quite skilled and it's honestly surprising to have him on a net with his format. No pre-interview garbage, canned b.s., rather off-the-cuff and quirky.

Hell, I used to totally enjoy Tom Snyder as he was a relic by today's standards that they put on the Tiffany net before going to Ferguson. I would occasionally email with Tom Snyder and somehow it would become about the love of our lost pets.

Craig Ferguson was a true breath of fresh air when he got the 12:35 slot on CBS. But ... well, he seems to also have lost his edge a bit now a decade into his run. The first sign was when he started wearing a tie per Les Moonves' decree***. I also think he has begun to rely on filler like his Tweets and Emails segment (no similarities to mine here!), which is usually quite weak. But he definitely is unique in the group. And I am not yet tired of his gay skeleton robot sidekick.

Tom Snyder was a great. I watched some of his interviews from his old NBC show on tape and they were amazing. And his CBS show was pretty much more of the same. They don't make them like him anymore. And, if they did, they wouldn't put him on the air -- even at 12:35 in the morning.

***I see Julie Chen on either his show or Letterman's seemingly once every two weeks ...yes, we all know who she is married to, but c'mon. What exactly is her talent? Marrying well?

lazyboy97o

So, is FB somehow better than Twitter?

Social media platforms continue to spread misinformation, lies and propaganda.

And the scary thing is that mainstream media is using these platforms as sources without ever vetting the information.
It is people, not the platform. Every communication medium has been used to spread misinformation. Why did you not look at where the story was actually being spread?

WDW1974

Original Poster
It is people, not the platform. Every communication medium has been used to spread misinformation. Why did you not look at where the story was actually being spread?

Of course it is people. But at the risk of bringing up one of our nation's greatest shames, it's like the gun violence issue. No guns do not kill. Out of control, emotional, crazy and evil people kill WITH guns. They would not be able to do the damage they do without the tool.

Here, the tool is social media platforms.

Generally, you could always count on mainstream print or broadcast news media to not make it up as they went along (at least prior to FOX and MSNBC and CNBC and, in the last decade, CNN) the BS 'liberal media' bias aside.

Rumour gets taken as news on these new platforms and the old ones, decimated by Wall Street's bottom line and people tuning out of traditional media, pick up the info and run with it. Never has so much misinformation, lies and PR/propaganda been touted as 'news'.

The fact that every medium has been used in the past for misinformation is only on-point if you wish to argue that the new platforms are adding more to society than they are taking away. You can do so, but ultimately it is simply one opinion vs. another and neither of us are likely to change our opinions.

As to where I was looking, I saw the story spreading thru Twitter. So, for me, the originator of the story was Twitter. And I think FB is just as vile, if not more so than Twitter.

I mean how could they be good when everyone from the US government to Wall Street to TWDC want you to use them, right?

Last edited:

tissandtully

Yes, so much better to stab you in the back as publicists live to do, especially ones who work for soul-sucking organizations such as Disney.

If you don't think that Jenn and Steven and Gary and Co were all cast for their on-stage roles, then you know nothing about the way PR works at that level.

How can anyone find fault with a lovely youngish blonde mama ... right?

Ha, yes, not surprising at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom