The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
We just arrived here at the Hilton Tokyo Bay about 90 minutes ago, my good man! Thanks for asking.

Nothing like being able to stand in your skivvies at your hotel room window and watch Promethius erupt!! (Behave, you...)

8 days of park overdose and 5 days sightseeing in Tokyo. La vida es buena! :)

Ah, I admit I'd do the reverse (5 days at TDR and 8 days Tokyo and environs) but I wish you a GREAT and MAGICal time. You'll likely see Deb Wills and her entourage there.

:)

Last edited:

Robin Of Loxley

Are the Voices of Liberty about to be silenced by the budget ax? Not sure, but that is the word going around (see: new thread I just started).
NO!!! This is getting (choose obscenity here) ridiculous with all these cuts. What was all that bull squash from the DisneyParks blog about recent ticket price increases investing back into the parks?

ParentsOf4

I do have one big 'but' to the lower profit percentages. ("I like big buts and I can not lie") Disney in 1983 realised higher operating income because back then companies paid taxes. Modern TWDC is all about financineering. Disney's P&R's is more profitable than ever before, Disney has simply succumbed to the art of off-shore accounting.
The best investment any company can make is hiring an outstanding lobbyist to ensure a favorable tax code. ;)

P.S. It took me a little bit of searching but I located Jason Garcia's article on the topic:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...131206_1_walt-disney-world-u-s-senate-profits

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

OK, why Twitter is bad in one example:
Parkscope ‏@Parkscope 1h
Apparently there's a hoax spreading claiming 16 people died today in a coaster crash at Universal. That's clearly not true.

There's a hoax out there going on, so what do you do? You give it more attention. Folks that have a 140-character (or less) attention span are only going to get DEAD PEOPLE UNI COASTER. Again, that is what this technology platform is best known for.
The story is being spread via Facebook.

culturenthrills

Once you see Cindy and ride Teacups, enjoy just one more FP+ for the day. And greater lines on Pirates, HM, and Small World than there ever were before!

It's ridiculous. Used to be you could come in the late afternoon/early evening, even in a busy day, and all three of those were walkon to 10 minute wait. Not anymore. And don't get me started on Mermaids wait. Which would be at most 20 minutes and walkon at the last few hours if it didn't have FP

themarchhare

I know it likely won't, but I really hope the Maleficent fire effect in the FoF parade continues to work.

Because it's really flipping cool.

71jason

Friends in O-Town that are at the WDW and UNI parks this weekend appear shocked they are busy. Why? This is the heart of college spring break time. And the weather is great for locals too.

Happens every year--people forget Spring Break is coming the second week of March.

Then again, Channel 13 felt the need to run a 3-minute story about how Bike Week and Spring Break overlapped in Daytona this weekend--and young co-eds were forced to share the town with with black leather clad bikers! Of course, that's been the case since 15 years ago when I moved to Daytona, and probably years before that. But somebody thought that was news.

So, let me get this straight, Disney is trying to pay off a politician to get a law passed against ticket resellers (which I have no problem with at all), but that will actually criminalize the victims/buyers as well?!?!

Sorry, but that is just BS. If you are not familiar with WDW and its ticketing procedures and you see a booth in front of a legit business like a 7-11 on US192 that has all sorts of official brochures and the like, how is it that you are supposed to know that what they are doing is against the law?

Agreed in theory, but having seen how these guys work in practice (I drink at dives as well as high-end Disney bars), I think you're crediting the "victims" with too much naivete. Most of the time these tickets* have somebody else's name on them--and of course decent-sized bold print stating they are non-transferable--and I've heard ticket-brokers flat out tell people "jam your finger up in the sensor, it will fool the system." Also, most of the brokers' customer base is repeat buyers who come year after year; one of the main dealers on I-Drive told me that straight up. I believe the vast majority of buyers know or should know there is something shady going on.

* Strictly talking the old paper tickets here, no idea how the brokers have reacted to MagicBands.

stevehousse

Happens every year--people forget Spring Break is coming the second week of March.

Then again, Channel 13 felt the need to run a 3-minute story about how Bike Week and Spring Break overlapped in Daytona this weekend--and young co-eds were forced to share the town with with black leather clad bikers! Of course, that's been the case since 15 years ago when I moved to Daytona, and probably years before that. But somebody thought that was news.

Agreed in theory, but having seen how these guys work in practice (I drink at dives as well as high-end Disney bars), I think you're crediting the "victims" with too much naivete. Most of the time these tickets* have somebody else's name on them--and of course decent-sized bold print stating they are non-transferable--and I've heard ticket-brokers flat out tell people "jam your finger up in the sensor, it will fool the system." Also, most of the brokers' customer base is repeat buyers who come year after year; one of the main dealers on I-Drive told me that straight up. I believe the vast majority of buyers know or should know there is something shady going on.

* Strictly talking the old paper tickets here, no idea how the brokers have reacted to MagicBands.

On our trip in Nov, I had to stop at one of the gas stations outside of a Disney to get some cigs, and one ofthe guys goes to me (seeing as I was wearing a magic band), "r u at Disney? Come back if u have any unused days left, we'll buy your tickets!"

"I don't have any tickets, I have magic bands!"

"Still if u had any unused days, come back, we'll buy them from you."

I gave him a funny look and again, repeated, "Disney is getting rid of paper tickets. My tickets are on this band. You really don't get how badly Disney is screwing you over, huh!"

"Have a great day" was his response...LOL

CDavid

On our trip in Nov, I had to stop at one of the gas stations outside of a Disney to get some cigs, and one ofthe guys goes to me (seeing as I was wearing a magic band), "r u at Disney? Come back if u have any unused days left, we'll buy your tickets!"

"I don't have any tickets, I have magic bands!"

"Still if u had any unused days, come back, we'll buy them from you."

I gave him a funny look and again, repeated, "Disney is getting rid of paper tickets. My tickets are on this band. You really don't get how badly Disney is screwing you over, huh!"

"Have a great day" was his response...LOL

This has surely been discussed many times, though I've never seen an explanation: There's no way the brokers have any idea how may days are left on a band (or ticket/KTTW card, with or without RFID), right? Seems like there would be sufficiently widespread cases of people selling tickets with no days left to eventually kill the ticket brokers business (when the customers realize they've been had). What am I missing?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Sunday Spirited Musings:

Do you hear that giant sound of hot air being expelled? Yes, the MK debuted its first new parade since 2001 and every Lifestyler has been camped out all day (I think they were peeing in jars) to tell you all about it.

I'm rather disappointed that no one here has mentioned the launch of a brand new parade (and judging by the full video I watched... Thank you wdwmagic!!!! And the tw crappily shot ones I tried to watch earlier, the park was packed) and the monorails were down all day, at least that's what I've seen reported on Facebook.

That said, I think the parade was fantastic (the anchor wasn't swinging, but looks like it was designed to?) and a much welcome addition to the park. A new nighttime one would be the perfect compliment to such grand detail and elegance.

And to answer your question, no, I've never experience Destinations by Disney and IMHO Find the whole shebang laughable. If I'm going to go to Ireland, ya really think I wanna see Merida? Be real.

JimboJones123

It's ridiculous. Used to be you could come in the late afternoon/early evening, even in a busy day, and all three of those were walkon to 10 minute wait. Not anymore. And don't get me started on Mermaids wait. Which would be at most 20 minutes and walkon at the last few hours if it didn't have FP
For 9 months Mermaid was always less than 20 minutes. Starting when the tests started in August, the times creeped up. now 45+ is the norm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom