The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Fallon is doing ok, I feel like he has at least one outrageously funny block each show. Which is better than watching Jay appear to mail it for the 1000th time.

He looks incredibly uncomfortable (much like Seth's set an hour later ... seriously, I am waiting for someone to sit in one of those crappy chairs and watch it splinter).

RSoxNo1

Jimmy Fallon is a funny talented guy. But he sure doesn't appear to be 11:30 p.m. material. Yep, all you Jay-bashers, it isn't as easy as it looks.

No, I am not thrilled with all that OMG!!!! merchandise Disney is putting out in the new 'Co-Op' store at DD. I don't need constant in my face reminders that Disney also realizes WDW used to be a whole lot better too!

Very much looking forward to the return of the Gay Lost as well as the debut of Resurrection on ABC tomorrow.
I will say this as someone that didn't avidly watch Fallon at 12:30, that has never seen his 11:30 show and wasn't a fan of Leno... It's hard to bet against Lorne Michaels. I suspect Fallon will be given a much longer leash than Conan.

jt04

Drama?!?!?! In the Disney fan community?!??!!?

NEVER!!!

Seriously, I respect the position you are in. And I don't look to make your life more difficult. That said, I only know one way to post: blunt, honest and from the heart. And I realize that when I post, I'm being read by folks with all sorts of backgrounds, intelligence levels, psychological makeups and ... agendas of their own.

I felt I was doing you and the rest of the mods here a favor when I decided to largely post in one thread at a time, feeling that folks know what they're going to get with me and if my personality and writing voice just bothers them so much, well, they could do what adults should be capable of and not even read here. That has been met with mixed results, although it is pretty obvious that folks gravitate here and it isn't simply because of my charm and good looks (no matter what the fanbois say!!!)

Anyway, I'll try and keep the drama down to a minimum, but we know that there will be some ... I'm also looking at options for other platforms to get my voice out (no, no blogs, people ... EVER ... unless you want to each pay me $200 per week!) where I don't have to go back and forth with folks to the extent I do here. I like the community here and the people here ... but I also like not having to concern myself with people being worried about my content too. I know what I bring to the table and I know it is very unique in the fan community. So, we'll see what develops.

I always thought your style would be best suited to an internet column that might occasionally get picked up by other media when worthy. You just need to find someone to host your content. Your ideas are better expressed in essay form rather than chopped up in a forum or by flame wars.

I'd suggest you work with people like merf (photo essays) and EE (good cop to your bad cop) and maybe even someone like Eddie Sotto. You just need to find a site to host you. Project might even be the "intervention" you think EE needs. I even think it could make a profit. :greedy:

I only offer this sound advice because I know you have me on ignore and will never see it. Heh. :happy:

I might even read from time to time.

Go Duke! :cool:

PeterAlt

This just in!

Justin Beaver has been been signed for the new Star Wars trilogy as the voice of Tar Tar Binks, a new CG character that is the idiot nephew of the former Senator and war hero Jar Jar Binks. Tar Tar, through his stupidity, becomes the most feared creature of the Outer Rim (except for Tatooine). He is feared not because he is evil but because his raw stupidity (on good intentions) always leads to tragic accidents which cause costly property damage and destruction.

alissafalco

This just in!

Justin Beaver has been been signed for the new Star Wars trilogy as the voice of Tar Tar Binks, a new CG character that is the idiot nephew of the former Senator and war hero Jar Jar Binks. Tar Tar, through his stupidity, becomes the most feared creature of the Outer Rim (except for Tatooine). He is feared not because he is evil but because his raw stupidity (on good intentions) always leads to tragic accidents which cause costly property damage and destruction.
who's Justin beaver?

Mickey_777

(I find) The problem with Fallon is his show hasn't changed at all since moving from 1230. My dad used to watch Leno but I doubt he's watching The Tonight Show anymore. I'm in my early thirties but even I know that you can't come back from every commercial break with hip hop. And I like hip hop. Stuff like that going to sit well with a lot of the tonite show crowd. I used to really like Fallons show but at 12:30. His show just feels off for 11:30. IMO he's got to tweak his show some more for his new audience or his ratings are going to suffer.

wogwog

Spirited Saturday Musings:

So, do we have a breathless thread about the MK's new parade? Did it perform today? Are all the Lifestylers out at the park 'just in case'?
Don't know about a thread but I took a walk in MK today with some visiting friends and noticed lots of folks sitting on the ground along what would be the parade route in Frontierland opposite Pecos that had the appearance of not moving and looking for a surprise at 3:00. This was around 2 PM. They did not get a surprise.

PeterAlt

who's Justin beaver?
It's a slow slow news day. I'm trying to pretend an airplane loaded with over 200 people didn't just disappear and that Putin really didn't tell the world that he didn't know there were 50,000 Russian troops in the Ukraine. So, Tar Tar Binks will keep me sane in the interim.

the.dreamfinder

Does anyone here use Flipboard? I find their news section, which contain articles from NYTimes, BBC, NBC News, NPR, ABC News, Politico, AP, Reuters, and others, offers a nice mix. Plus it's a very beautiful and functional app. It's all about how well the tools are made, how the content creator uses them and the reader consumes them.

wogwog

5 or 6 is a little bit of an exaggeration. It doesn't even take us 5 or 6 with the finger print at the gate.
Not an exaggeration. Time it the next time you visit if they have not figured out how to fix it by then. This time estimate from a Park Support cast who times several locations each day as part of his duties. I am local and have never used the less than Magic Band but I accept the estimate. The attraction kiosks are slower than the entry pods. Unfortunate and sad for the guests.

stevehousse

Fallon is doing ok, I feel like he has at least one outrageously funny block each show. Which is better than watching Jay appear to mail it for the 1000th time.
As much as I like Fallon, what NBC is trying to do with the celebrity guests is appalling! I think he is gonna have a hard time trying to book celebrities going here on out as NBC wants to block celebrities from going to any other late night shows if u appear on Fallon!

EPCOTCenterLover

If you aren't interested in objective reporting... feel free to pass.

It is an insane uphill climb for them and they are doing a bang up job on the way up.
There's more to this than I will share on a public site. You don't know me- I am interested in objective reporting. I'd prefer to leave it at that.

JimboJones123

There's more to this than I will share on a public site. You don't know me- I am interested in objective reporting. I'd prefer to leave it at that.
Sorry, MSNBC and/or FOX News are probably the right objective fit then.

Unless this is a race issue and/or flat out anti-Al Gore thing. Because those are the two biggest opponents of the station. Most of which wouldn't bother to tune in and see the sheer volume and quality of work being done.

JimboJones123

They are unreliable for two reasons:
1.) They have had their staffs slashed and have half the resources they did a decade ago;
2.) They have started to rely on 'social media' (i.e. Twitter) as gospel during major events when it is the exact opposite of reliable.

And print has fallen greatly as well.

Look at the AP story that was placed in the WSJ last night for Boeing as soon as the 777-200 went missing off Thailand. Pure PR to make sure that Boeing didn't suffer for having one of its jets go down.
Spot on. Salaries in newsrooms have dropped 20-30% post 9/11. They want the pros out to save money. If you are in a newsroom for more than 5 years, you are expendable. Most writers in TV newsrooms are a combination of college interns or have less than 3 years journalism experience. Even EPs are working with far less than 5 years of cut and paste experience. Why pay a producer or assignment editor $50-70k when you can pay then $32-40k?

I miss working in a newsroom.

Yensid1974

One tidbit of news that will get buried here, and I am used to and OK with that, is that folks wondering why Disney is building what amounts to a second parade route adjacent to MSUSA on this 'second street bypass' are ASSuming that the entire project is simply what has been announced and not a larger project that will spread out over years and possibly change the whole front of the MK.

So, are we talking a full on back side of Main St. here? or multiple entrances/exits either through or around the Town Square area?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom