The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Goofywilliam

I don't understand why people are complaining about the new fast pass plus system. Whenever my family visits the world we never use fast passes other than for the really popular attractions such as soarin or toy story mania. We like our trips to the parks to be spontaneous, almost like an adventure, therefore we don't plan anything, not even dining reservations. Than again we have been so many times that if we miss a ride or two it's not that big of a deal and we are willing to wait in lines as long as they are not completely outrageous. We just enjoy the atmosphere and being together. However I do feel like we will use this new system more than the old one. It will be just to easy to pull out one of our phones and make a fast pass reservation. It was always such a hassle to go to an attraction just to have to wait in line for a fast pass and than again return at a later time.

Californian Elitist

I don't understand why people are complaining about the new fast pass plus system. Whenever my family visits the world we never use fast passes other than for the really popular attractions such as soarin or toy story mania. We like our trips to the parks to be spontaneous, almost like an adventure, therefore we don't plan anything, not even dining reservations. Than again we have been so many times that if we miss a ride or two it's not that big of a deal and we are willing to wait in lines as long as they are not completely outrageous. We just enjoy the atmosphere and being together. However I do feel like we will use this new system more than the old one. It will be just to easy to pull out one of our phones and make a fast pass reservation. It was always such a hassle to go to an attraction just to have to wait in line for a fast pass and than again return at a later time.

That's great for you and your family. Everyone doesn't tour the parks like you and your family, and this system is hindering others' experience.

asianway

Hopefully not stating the obvious but isn't it entirely feasible and the most likely scenario that the main reason for increased capacity of 3,000+ was the result of not only more physical space being available but also an omnimover, BOG, story time with belle and the additional dumbo? So once again traditional capital investment worked?
That stuff was all there for the quarter being compared

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, I admit it, I need help from my peeps. Very busy day and dealing with all sorts of insanity and the word on the street is something going down at 1401 Flower today.

I have no idea as of yet if this is simply a 'net rumour or something much deeper, but I strongly lean in the latter's direction based upon what has been going on (or not) behind the scenes combined with the earnings call combined with the fact it's about time they let some folks go under BS rationale and PR spin.

So ... anyone who knows anything and is reading along, feel free to drop me a note. As I've said often over my too many to count years online, fans deserve to know how their beloved BRAND operates behind the scenes ...

Thanks.

I hope to be able to post some either later today or tomorrow (I am important enough to NOT be in Sochi after all!)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The last part of your post answered the first part. People are more likely to use this system to get Fastpasses thus putting people who don't make Fastpass reservations at a greater dis-advantage.

twebber55

Just asking because i dont know but wouldnt FP lines be longer and regular lines be shorter if more people are using the new FP+ system?

Soarin' Over Pgh

OK, I admit it, I need help from my peeps. Very busy day and dealing with all sorts of insanity and the word on the street is something going down at 1401 Flower today.

I have no idea as of yet if this is simply a 'net rumour or something much deeper, but I strongly lean in the latter's direction based upon what has been going on (or not) behind the scenes combined with the earnings call combined with the fact it's about time they let some folks go under BS rationale and PR spin.

So ... anyone who knows anything and is reading along, feel free to drop me a note. As I've said often over my too many to count years online, fans deserve to know how their beloved BRAND operates behind the scenes ...

Thanks.

I hope to be able to post some either later today or tomorrow (I am important enough to NOT be in Sochi after all!)

Please let us know what you're hearing...cause there's been little rumblings and hen pecks all over the web today. Curious as to what, but not going to speculate...

Side note- you should probably be lucky you're not in Sochi with how many reports of hotels not finished, no floors (what?) no running water, etc that have been posted already! Yikes!

bhg469

Please let us know what you're hearing...cause there's been little rumblings and hen pecks all over the web today. Curious as to what, but not going to speculate...

Side note- you should probably be lucky you're not in Sochi with how many reports of hotels not finished, no floors (what?) no running water, etc that have been posted already! Yikes!
As someone who has been involved in an Olympics in the past, Sochi is a mess. The IOC is a joke for letting this event take place where if has no business being. Vancouver had much less building to do and they still had a huge loss. If something bad does happen there because of security or super value engineering, it could endanger the future of the games.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As someone who has been involved in an Olympics in the past, Sochi is a mess. The IOC is a joke for letting this event take place where if has no business being. Vancouver had much less building to do and they still had a huge loss. If something bad does happen there because of security or super value engineering, it could endanger the future of the games.

Not having the corporate greedfest known as the Olympics would be a bad thing???, The Zil lanes in London, the huge hit local businesspeople took because people stayed away in droves from anything associated with the olympics.

Goofywilliam

The last part of your post answered the first part. People are more likely to use this system to get Fastpasses thus putting people who don't make Fastpass reservations at a greater dis-advantage.
I see your point. I oftent think about the experience from a resort guest perspective since that is the only way I have ever experienced the world. I've heard in the past that disney saves a portion of fast pass reservations for people to reserve that are not staying as resort guest and can't make reservations months in advance. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that some where. It would only be fair if disney did that for those people.

bhg469

Not having the corporate greedfest known as the Olympics would be a bad thing???, The Zil lanes in London, the huge hit local businesspeople took because people stayed away in droves from anything associated with the olympics.
Well the events are very fun to watch, at least for me they are. I am not wild about the greed but clearly it is what made the olympics actually come to sochi in the first place.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well the events are very fun to watch, at least for me they are. I am not wild about the greed but clearly it is what made the olympics actually come to sochi in the first place.

No question about the Olympics being fun to watch, It's just the incredible hypocracy of the IOC, The athletes cannot take a nickle for training expenses. Meanwhile the IOC drones fly first class, spend time in expensive hospitality suites.

To me it just seems the athletes assume all the risks and the IOC collects all the rewards save for the medals which are not even solid or an alloy just plated over a base metal, Just like college sports.

Goofywilliam

That's great for you and your family. Everyone doesn't tour the parks like you and your family, and this system is hindering others' experience.
I'm just saying I see fast passes as a convenience, it's not something that you have to use to enjoy the parks. The fast pass system in general is never going to be perfect because there are never going to be enough fast passes to go around to everyone who wants them (talking about popular rides). If there were the goal of the system would be compromised.

Californian Elitist

I'm just saying I see fast passes as a convenience, it's not something that you have to use to enjoy the parks. The fast pass system in general is never going to be perfect because there are never going to be enough fast passes to go around to everyone who wants them (talking about popular rides). If there were the goal of the system would be compromised.

Understandable, but again, that's you. Others feel differently.

bhg469

You're absolutely right, it should be a pay to use system, thus eliminating the need for half the queue to be used for fastpass only like pirates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom