The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

BrianLo

I am surprised that SOARIN OVER THE WORLD is not coming to Tokyo. And just *what* is brewing in the Tokyo resort?!

I really, really wonder what the heck they have up their sleeve. They aren't ones to sit idle, but as far as I can tell they don't actually have anything major coming up in the next few years.

Soarin' Over the World is such a shoe-in for the plot of land where the Mythica floats hang out (by the Italian place/aqueduct wall). The only thing I can imagine being the holdup is the California version making absolutely no sense for the park, but now that SDL is actually forcing a new version to occur, I'm not sure why they haven't started into it for a 2016 debut.

I also have to assume they'll just piggyback the California Starwars overlay to Tomorrowland whenever that occurs.

As far as long term plans go, they could get a third gate pumped out by 2020 if they were motivated *cough Olympics cough*.

stevehousse

there's a LOT of negativity surrounding FP+. Lots of posts about cancelling trips or never returning to Disney....quite interesting. Of course, there's a lot of backlash from the most devoted fans (or Disney plants, hard to tell) but the general tone seems to be one that isn't good for WDW so far.

I wonder how many people have actually used the system complaining about it? People hate change, it's inevitable people won't like something new until they try it.

We got to "test" it back in Novemeber. I was very skeptical and against it before we went and swore if we had one problem, we would stop using the bands!

We actually never did have any problems and liked not having to rush aroud the park for fast passes. If we weren't near the FP ride when our time was up we would switch it no problem!

I still don't really see the benefit beyond getting to change the times if u aren't near the FP attraction, beyond that it's just a simple way for Disney to track and market certain objects to me. I don't hate it at all, but I'm not in love with it...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
there's a LOT of negativity surrounding FP+. Lots of posts about cancelling trips or never returning to Disney....quite interesting. Of course, there's a lot of backlash from the most devoted fans (or Disney plants, hard to tell) but the general tone seems to be one that isn't good for WDW so far.

it seems that AP integration into MM+ really is an afterthought because the majority of people I talk to who went to DIsney with packages or MMW tickets had a good experience.

WIth AP holders and DVC members its more of a coin toss whether they had a good or miserable experience and its generally one OR the other and even AP's in the same families some worked others would not work for love nor money and Disney could not fix the issues.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I wonder how many people have actually used the system complaining about it? People hate change, it's inevitable people won't like something new until they try it.

We got to "test" it back in Novemeber. I was very skeptical and against it before we went and swore if we had one problem, we would stop using the bands!

We actually never did have any problems and liked not having to rush aroud the park for fast passes. If we weren't near the FP ride when our time was up we would switch it no problem!

I still don't really see the benefit beyond getting to change the times if u aren't near the FP attraction, beyond that it's just a simple way for Disney to track and market certain objects to me. I don't hate it at all, but I'm not in love with it...

Some of us who HATE it have used it more than once and had the SAME problems more than once.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Eh, not really. Remember Star Tours design is still supposed to represent a working film soundstage on the outside and in the gift shop.

That's true to an extent just look at the AT-AT, But those particular breaker boxes are not part of theme because I've seen them too many times and they stick out like a sore thumb. Being an EE I NOTICE electrical stuff and take in details.

71jason

I think for the most part people aren't complaining about the mechanics of using the wristbands (well, other than the "sweaty-ness" factor). And other than that, what you tested in November 2013 bears little resemblance to what will be in place November 2014. All resort guests now have advance access. Soon all APs will. I still haven't seen solid evidence of what the plan is for day guests, but they will either add to the system or else risk being shut out of premium FPs. So as of yet, no one has actually used the system.

There's a difference between a media preview at California Grill and visiting on a Friday night 3 months later when they overbooked and a line cook and two servers called out

PeterAlt

So basically you're seeing exactly what he wants you to see, that he's a humbled man who has risen above the cut-throat politics of corporate America.

The image of Michael Eisner presented to the public when he was at Disney was always very different to the reality, he's always been good at that so I'm not surprised he gives you that impression.

The real Michael Eisner is the person who implemented "Project Snowball" to ensure that Jeffrey Katzenberg didn't receive the money he was rightly entitled to from Disney. The real Michael Eisner allowed his best friend Michael Ovitz to walk into an ambush when he joined the Walt Disney Company, an ambush facilitated by Michael Eisner because he had decided he really didn't want to share power with anyone after all, including his long-time friend. The real Michael Eisner sent David Stainton into Walt Disney Animation to cut costs and lay off hundreds of employees in retribution for the animators voicing their support for the SaveDisney campaign. The real Michael Eisner and his rampaging ego annihilated the hugely successful relationship between Disney and Pixar.

People like Michael Eisner don't change, there is no Eisner 1.0 or 2.0, he's exactly the same man he was when he walked into Disney, the only difference being then he had Frank Wells to be a conduit between the CEO and the rest of the company and keep his ego in check.

Eisner didn't just burn bridges during his time at Disney, he napalmed them. There is no way back for him at that company and that is the way it should be.
Let's respectfully agree to disagree. I get your points but you didn't change my mind. I see there's no changing your mind either. So, let's leave it at that and move on.

stevehousse

I think for the most part people aren't complaining about the mechanics of using the wristbands (well, other than the "sweaty-ness" factor). And other than that, what you tested in November 2013 bears little resemblance to what will be in place November 2014. All resort guests now have advance access. Soon all APs will. I still haven't seen solid evidence of what the plan is for day guests, but they will either add to the system or else risk being shut out of premium FPs. So as of yet, no one has actually used the system.

There's a difference between a media preview at California Grill and visiting on a Friday night 3 months later when they overbooked and a line cook and two servers called out
The only difference from my trip until now is that legacy FP is gone. We did have the option to use it if we wanted to, but didn't need to...we had the tiers, all resort guests were available to use MB...

71jason

The only difference from my trip until now is that legacy FP is gone. We did have the option to use it if we wanted to, but didn't need to...we had the tiers, all resort guests were available to use MB...

APs and day guests couldn't, and certainly all resort guests couldn't book 90 days in advance, nor was it well-publicized like it probably will be this year. Completely different experience.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
The 3000 additional guest "capacity" could also come from the fact they now offer FP+ at opening instead of an hour later. Personally, it is a serious stretch to attribute FP+ with adding capacity for 3000 guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom