The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I too think it is the theming. It's a very elaborate restaurant, much moreso than the others in MK. And it's a way to get fairy tale castle/princess type dining without the $$$$ of Cinderella's Royal Table. On top of that, the food is actually pretty good there (I had the pot roast for lunch and loved it) and the prices aren't bad (relative to Disney, of course).

I hope that the restaurant's success encourages the powers that be to put more restaurants in MK with a detailed theme like that. Given the profit potential, I would think this is one type of addition that the bean counters would actually approve.
Unfortunately it is not - the TDO bean counters might green light another when BoG is fully depreciated say about 2020 or so using a 7 year depreciation schedule.

PhotoDave219

Unfortunately it is not - the TDO bean counters might green light another when BoG is fully depreciated say about 2020 or so using a 7 year depreciation schedule.

Well they're spending a lot of money at animal Kingdom and the studios…

My guess is rather than putting in a new restaurant, they are going to try to draw the crowd back over to the other parks, lessening demand on the Magic Kingdom.

I say do both

Cesar R M

Well yes, Harry did put Disney behind, not once but Twice, with two expansions. FLE didn't bring in the raise in attendance Disney hoped for like Harry has for many years already for Uni Parks.

But lets not forget Disney has its very own Harry coming, hopefully in this decade, Avatar-land. It has a greater potential for stale than Harry. Heck, as I type this and ponder, Avatar is already pretty stale and Disney has barely broke ground, the Disney way, build it even slower than FLE.

Even if Potter does loose popularity, like that Mermaid ride in FLE & DL, we are still dealing with 3 Disney Parks that are very stale and an overlay at Norway isn't going to solve Epcot Future Worlds problems anymore than Avatar is going to make AK a full day park. As for the Studios another name change will not solve its problems, it will take at least a decade to revitalize that park and Disney has a short attention span these days, by the time Disney actually closes a large chunk of all the old attractions, the Corporate sword will come out and they will likely dice the heck out of what they could do and do the minimum instead. Look at what happened to Dwarf Mountain.

Disney World has its direction, it is time share expansion. Corporate Disney's overall direction is stock buy-backs.
One funds the other.
not to mention with all the constructions.. and entertainment removal..
The parks will be offering less (specially DHS )in the following months until the new attractions are finished.
which might take years..

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Still amazed that people think that George Kaligritis has any pull around here.

He's the guy who sails the ship. He keeps it afloat and the money rolling in and to keep things in line.

He's not the Admiral of the Fleet who decides what to buy. Thats Tom Staggs.

This isnt meant to be disrespectful to George, its just what how the company has changed and what his role has become.

No he's the designated fall guy who will take the blame when the wheels fall off. I hope he's got an ironclad contract and a golden parachute.

Genie of the Lamp

Any idea when that picture was taken?

I saw that SDL castle picture on D&M yesterday. Brook Lopez was over in Shanghai a couple of weeks ago (most likely when the picture was posted/taken) because the Nets played the Kings in a scrimmage/preseason game on October 13th (both teams then played in Beijing the next day). The Nets spent a week in China playing preseason/exhibition basketball games.

Computer Magic

Apparently. :bored:

I knew there was a portion of the Disney fandom that believed that, but I didn't realize how large it was until today. Seems almost like 50%+ of the comments I'm reading on social media are pro-hat.
Many people sadly don't know life without the hat since it been there 15 years. Actually the hat has been there longer than it was w/o (89-2000) I only visited DHS twice before the hat was introduced, I barely remember life w/o it, but that's long enough to know I rather see the theater as I walk to the center.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Many people sadly don't know life without the hat since it been there 15 years. Actually the hat has been there longer than it was w/o (89-2000) I only visited DHS twice before the hat was introduced, I barely remember life w/o it, but that's long enough to know I rather see the theater as I walk to the center.
I've been around long enough to remember views with no hat. But that was back in the day when there wasn't a whole lot to do there c

Bolna

You don't need any memory of having seen Disney MGM Studios without the hat to understand that its removal will be an improvement. My first visit to WDW was in 2004 and ever since I found out that the hat was not there originally I thought it is a shame that they put it there.

Computer Magic

You don't need any memory of having seen Disney MGM Studios without the hat to understand that its removal will be an improvement. My first visit to WDW was in 2004 and ever since I found out that the hat was not there originally I thought it is a shame that they put it there.
Wait until you see it live with your own eyes. Pictures don't do it justice.

misterID

WDW is far from behind just because Uni added Harry Potter. Give that a few years and see how stale it gets. WDW is still way ahead with four parks, two water parks, two miniature golf courses, boating, golf, monorails, trains, boats, hotels, restaurants and Cirque, plus other things in DtD.

I've said it before and I will say it again, it is only stale to those of us that are obsessed with the place and have been there more times then we can even count. Of course, it's stale to us. We are to familiar with the place. Disney, in reality, has already done way more then Uni will probably be able to do considering the confines and the cost to expand their property. It will take years for Uni to come even with what is available in WDW. Two sections of one IP do not a player make. It does put them a step closer, but, it is not a final blow by any means. If what Spirit said about pending cuts to more expansion of major influence at Uni is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then it will stay that way for the foreseeable future. And this is coming from a fan of Universal. I think what they have done they have done as well as, if not better in some cases, then Disney ever did. It just that the fact that Disney had such a huge start over Universal that catching up is going to be much more difficult for them then Disney upgrading and adding over time to maintain.
The thing is UNI isn't waiting around for Harry Potter to get stale. They're already building KONG, not to mention the attractions that are in the planning phase. And that's the point, they're moving forward, which is nice.

You're correct about the four park advantage WDW has (I have never believed a water park gives that great of an advantage, imo) but those four parks true advantage is the park hopper pass. Alone, AK and DHS are stale, EPCOT too to an extent, but it's in better shape attraction-wise than the other two parks. And they are all riiding the cotails of Magic Kingdom, imho. And there's something to be said of the obsessed who will never see anything wrong with the parks also. I am curious about that UNI third gate, though...

WDW's real advantage is the family dark ride. There's just more to do as a family at WDW, including the grandparents, and that advantage UNI can't touch... I would say yet, but the cancled Lorax dark ride really has me peeved. :mad:

misterID

When folks are not grasping the impact of dollars, your breakdowns and graphs force feeds the data, if they like it or not! Kudos.
I can't imagine being one of @ParentsOf4 kids. Not only would you never win an argument, they would break out a chart and show you just how wrong you are... and bring up everything you were ever wrong about ever just to top off the point. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom