The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cesar R M

I love how surprised we are by basic upkeep.
because "basic upkeep" seems to be getting rarer and rarer?

I need some pie charts so I can visualize this.
5SVpq5Z.png

there you go!

Animaniac93-98

I love how surprised we are by basic upkeep.

A typically ignorant and snarky Doom 'n Gloomer post. :rolleyes:

Said work required months of planning in order to import the finest materials and labour from Italy to finish the job, which included arranging the necessary flights, accomodation (no less than 5-star suites), foreign Visa negotiations and other diplomatic arrangements involving both the US and Italian governments. Even Bob Iger himself put his life on the line to protect one of the workers from getting attacked by the mob en route to Florida.

You could at least show some appreciation for the work that has been accomplished.

SirLink

True enough. But that was the 'we can't let people think this is a princess movie because then anyone with a p-e-n-i-s won't see it' ... it's part of that whole segregating audiences deal and why Marvel was bought. TWDC leadership believes that films with strong females will turn off anyone not a mommy, a girl or a fanboi who dreams of being a Disney Princess (but just winds up an old queen!)

If you watched those Frozen trailers, then you would have thought the film was about a MAGICal snowman.

I'll be honest at least they recognise the problem that even non princess tales end up being princess tales...never seen a WDAS feature after Stitch which should of been more about the aliens. Oh well at least they get my monies for the Marvel MCU.

Last edited:

truecoat

Just saw an update on Disney and More. Looks like I wasn't that far off except for Transformers and Madagascar. If the Hogwarts Express is really in this park I don't think it will be as effective as here in Florida. Having Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley in two separate parks really works as a way to have distance between them and have the train ride make sense. Having both lands right next to each would feel very off. Here are the pics.
View attachment 69819 View attachment 69820 View attachment 69821

It's interesting that the Kings Cross station and train seems to be the same set up as in Orlando with the track elevated. The one in Orlando has to be elevated to accommodate the existing facilities back stage but this park could build a ground level train for a more realistic experience. Then again, maybe this setup is cheaper.

Mike S

It's interesting that the Kings Cross station and train seems to be the same set up as in Orlando with the track elevated. The one in Orlando has to be elevated to accommodate the existing facilities back stage but this park could build a ground level train for a more realistic experience. Then again, maybe this setup is cheaper.
To me with both sections in the same park and so close to each other it almost makes the train redundant and pointless. Of course this is only very early concept art and everything could change but it doesn't hurt to speculate based on what we know.

BrerJon

To me with both sections in the same park and so close to each other it almost makes the train redundant and pointless. Of course this is only very early concept art and everything could change but it doesn't hurt to speculate based on what we know.

I imagine the trains will just run slower. The real speed of the train doesn't match the film/illusion in the ride, so it wouldn't matter if it took the same time to cover less distance in real life.

Mike S

I imagine the trains will just run slower. The real speed of the train doesn't match the film/illusion in the ride, so it wouldn't matter if it took the same time to cover less distance in real life.
The train will be clearly visible in the park though according to the art. It will look really weird for guests to see a train going at a snails pace between two areas right next to each other.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Tuesday Musings:

I did two firsts today. I visited my first Aldi anywhere and my first Trader Joe's in FL. ... yes, I did buy numerous and even more bottles of $2.99 wine. The merlot I am drinking now is actually not half bad (not very good either but ..

Both stores are within spitting distance of where my pal @EPCOT Explorer resides and I almost felt his aura in Trader Joe's (it opened last week!)

Marvel will NOT be a part of UNI-Beijing. Disney owns the rights to all of its stable of characters everywhere in Asia except Japan. Not really sure what will be in that park, and I get the feeling that this will -- much like SDL -- be very different from every park they've built before.

Speaking of Marvel, I just want to shame @Lee and anyone who will watch SHIELD tonight. Bob Iger needs to get the message that fanbois are only going to watch shows that are 'part of the UNIverse' for so long. Maybe he should be trying to get a weekly Thor or Cap America show on ABC instead of forcing things.

Remember back in the 80s and 90s and even part of the 00s when people actually bought high-end Disney collectables?

Anyone recall Timur Galen here? Or know where he is employed now (I do, just seeing if anyone else does!)

I don't want to hear anyone about cold fall weather when it's still summer in SoFla.

Always a successful day when a lawyer with ties to the highest levels of government (or his client has anyway) leaves you a message and is hoping you'll play nice. No, I'm not in the mood to play nice with anyone.

Speaking of nice things, always nice when Disney rebates $500 to you for a trip you haven't even taken yet!

For those who are playing ''Where in the world is Tom Bricker?'' home edition, he is at the Hotel Mira Costa at TDR. Y'all remember when he hadn't even been to DL? I do. Kids today grown up so fast!!!

You think Frozen is a fad (ya know like Star Wars and Harry Potter)? Take a look at what adding Anna and Elsa (and the lovely Elizabeth Mitchell) to the Gay Lost has done to ratings.

Is Taylor Swift supposed to be hot? I just don't see it.

People ... at least Americans ... do want to be conned, which is why liars and frauds can keep up a life lie to a point. But it doesn't last forever and people often humor the frauds because it just is easier and less messy than confronting them.

Any opinions on BICE at Portofino Bay? Despite staying there numerous times in just the last few years, I have never dined there and am wondering what folks here think.

Retro merchandise, especially EPCOT merchandise, bothers me a lot.

Hey, Doug Parker, your airline (or two) are sorta disgusting me with the (blanking) around to refund a lousy $400 in funeral caused change fees. You really need the money that badly? ... And how does someone like yourself go from heading a regional budget carrier like America West to running the largest airline on the planet? Must be talent. That's what my pals on the right would say. (counting down to see how long this line lasts)

Maria ... you look old ... guess Arnie really took a lot out of ya. Poor thing.

Nubs70

A typically ignorant and snarky Doom 'n Gloomer post. :rolleyes:

Said work required months of planning in order to import the finest materials and labour from Italy to finish the job, which included arranging the necessary flights, accomodation (no less than 5-star suites), foreign Visa negotiations and other diplomatic arrangements involving both the US and Italian governments. Even Bob Iger himself put his life on the line to protect one of the workers from getting attacked by the mob en route to Florida.

You could at least show some appreciation for the work that has been accomplished.
Now basic maintenance comes with a backstory?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom