The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

wdwfan4ver

A Philly cheesesteak stand at the American Pavilion would be appropriate.
I agree that a Philly cheesesteak stand would be appropriate, but the amount of the eating places at the American Pavilion is why its not a must unless one of the places gets turned into a Philly cheesesteak stand. Canada has a table service, but not counter service.

Phil12

I wasn't talking about a philly cheesesteak stand in Canada. I was just talking about adding a counter service. I am pretty sure people would buy Canadian cheddar cheese soup at stand in Canada.
I think it would be nice to educate the public as well. Serve the Canadian staple Kraft Dinner at counter service too!

Magenta Panther

Interesting. I'm still kind of surprised Disney went ahead and built a second Moroccan restaurant in the first place; I never got the impression Restaurant Marrakesh was one of the more popular WS restaurants.

I ate there during my last visit. It was AWFUL. The worst meal, by far, I've ever had at WDW. The restaurant is lovely, but the food...!

Cardinals314

I think that one of the reasons people are not going to the Spice Road Table is that it is in the country of Morocco. Most Disney guests these days believe that Moroccan food sounds bad. They are so used to the fried food and burgers that anything that sounds vastly different is no good. Restaurant Marrakesh usually has easily available tables. It's a shame that people are drawn away from a pretty good restaurant

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Lets talk ESPN.

Lets talk ESPN defending a man who beats up women.

Lets talk about ESPN personalities saying that women provoke domestic violence.

Lets talk about ESPN devoting time to women's responsibility to avoiding being beaten by a man or athlete.

ESPN has a problem with its personalities and if today is any example, the inmates are running the asylum.

Fox Sports on the other hand, does not mess around when people attack their female personalities.

There's a lot of dollars at stake with both of these stories. God help ESPN if any advertisers decide they want to yank their ads because of the content at hand.

Simply they won't... Most likely at least.

alissafalco

Spice road table needs to change their concept. Get rid of the overpriced "tastes" of food and serve an actual meal. I know that is why I was turned off to it. I didn't want to pay 16$ for 3 small bites of an appetizer. However, I would give it a chance now if they start up again after F&W ends with the 30% off AP discount.

Last edited:

LondonGopher

Spice road table needs to change their concept. Get rid of the overpriced "tastes" of food and serve an actual meal. I know that is why I was turned off to it. I didn't want to pay 16$ for 3 small bites of an appetizer. However, I would give it a chance now if they start up again after F&W ends with the 30% off AP discount.

Re: Ethnic Restaurants at Epcot/WDW

This is an awkward thing to try and put into words BUT it seems to me that by ceasing to market to/draw from the pool of visitors, both international and domestic, that are open to a legitimately "foreign" experience...WDW leaves themselves without a great many potential guests for Morocco (and others).

The "answer" has been to Americanize (maybe Westernize is a better choice of words, no offense is meant) the options at Morocco, Sanaa, etc...my family chose not to dine at RM - not because we don't like Moroccan food (we love it!) but rather because it didn't seem...Moroccan enough. SRT wasn't open when we last visited...it does seem like a peculiar concept...seems to me the food at Tangierine would be a better fit for the location and would probably fill the joint.

So WDW has a Catch-22 here...still too "weird" for the hordes of nugget munchers, not ethnic enough for the shrinking pool of more sophisticated travellers that used to cherish Epcot. Again, perhaps "sophisticated" is the wrong word...I'm stumbling around trying not to sound like Lady Snobbington, here...;)...'cause I took my kid to Mac and Don's Supper Club last week, but that's not what I want for Epcot...:(

Broken record time to finish, but the dining plan is no help either...:cautious:

cw1982

Lets talk ESPN.

Lets talk ESPN defending a man who beats up women.

Lets talk about ESPN personalities saying that women provoke domestic violence.

Lets talk about ESPN devoting time to women's responsibility to avoiding being beaten by a man or athlete.

ESPN has a problem with its personalities and if today is any example, the inmates are running the asylum.

Fox Sports on the other hand, does not mess around when people attack their female personalities.

There's a lot of dollars at stake with both of these stories. God help ESPN if any advertisers decide they want to yank their ads because of the content at hand.

I have to be honest here... I'm trying to formulate a response to all of this. All I can come up with is "wow."

cw1982

I agree. I love tapas, but not at full-meal prices. Maybe I'm spoiled by the fact that Teppan Edo just down the way has prices that are not that different from other hibachi restaurants (at least near me) and provide about the same value, but in my experience where most tapas restaurants get their higher sales is because prices per plate are low enough that people end up spending a ton because it adds up so quickly. Six bucks on a few ribs. Five on some sliders. Five more for a few shrimp. My numbers may be a little off but you get the idea. The prices I saw compared with the portions I found when researching the place simply don't work together.

ETA: I realize that, like most things at WDW, food can be a little more expensive, but imo that only works to a point.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I havent eaten there for the exact same reason.

Also, its 90 billion degrees out there. Maybe in October.

71jason

I have serious doubts that they would be allowed to use GotG in Orlando. James Gunnis already saying that the GotG will meet the Avengers. It's always had loose ties to the Avengers and the movies seem to be tightening that connection. Seems like the movies will make it really easy to argue that GotG is part of the avengers family.

The movies aren't the comics. No connection to Avengers in ca. 1989 comics, they're fair game. Fact the preview is allowed to run--with Marvel logo--backs this up.

BTW, a friend spotted a Star Lord jacket backstage at DHS, for whatever it's worth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom