The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

BrerJon

If both parks were to get a billion+ dollar makeover tomorrow DHS would probably come out on top. Simply because less would have to be spent on infrastructure and fixing thematic flaws.

If DHS got a billion then yes, it could be better than Paris, but if Paris *also* got a billion I think there'd be no contest. The theming at DSP is basic, but could easily be fleshed out fairly cheaply, and they already have a ton of attractions. Add in a Fantasmic equivalent night show and another dark ride and they're laughing.

Of course maintenance, Cast Members etc., the usual Disneyland Paris complaints, would still be present, but hypothetically comparing both running at an optimal level, I think Paris would still win in my view.

SJN1279

... not to mention a significant increase in park-to-park ticket sales. I believe you predicted that the need to a park-to-park ticket to ride the Hogwart's Express would be a major problem for Uni.

And many said that a one day, one park ticket option would be very hard to find once this expansion opened. That is not the case/

SJN1279

Guess you missed the part where Uni's theme park earnings where up 18.7% year over year. Anyone who doesn't regularly read message boards would have had no idea about the hype surrounding Gringotts.

The hole in the screen finale, the hard to hear dialogue, the lack of in ride animatronics, plus Harry and Hermoine have weird voices and have small roles, and the fact that much of the ride is you sitting still and watching a screen contributes to those so-so reviews.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The hole in the screen finale, the hard to hear dialogue, the lack of in ride animatronics, plus Harry and Hermoine have weird voices and have small roles, and the fact that much of the ride is you sitting still and watching a screen contributes to those so-so reviews.

The only one of those that I have heard as a serious complaint about is the one about being able to hear the dialog. Most of the others seems to be things that bother you and not the average guest. For example I have heard no one, even people who have heard all the pre-hype, complain that Harry and Hermoine have small roles in the ride.

Your continued attempts to claim that this the ride and that DA as a whole are a failure are becoming quite laughable.

Mike S

The only one of those that I have heard as a serious complaint about is the one about being able to hear the dialog. Most of the others seems to be things that bother you and not the average guest. For example I have heard no one, even people who have heard all the pre-hype, complain that Harry and Hermoine have small roles in the ride.

Your continued attempts to claim that this the ride and that DA as a whole are a failure are becoming quite laughable.
I haven't had a problem hearing the dialogue but that's just me. I really hate when people complain about the actors though. They didn't want to play the roles again and that's their right. Universal wasn't going to force them to come back. They did the best they could with the situation and I think the voice they got for Harry was pretty good, Hermione is bad though. The beauty of it though is that it's just audio. If they ever wanted to fix it it should be very easy. Either way it's not a big deal.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I haven't had a problem hearing the dialogue but that's just me. I really hate when people complain about the actors though. They didn't want to play the roles again and that's their right. Universal wasn't going to force them to come back. They did the best they could with the situation and I think the voice they got for Harry was pretty good, Hermione is bad though. The beauty of it though is that it's just audio. If they ever wanted to fix it it should be very easy.
Maybe it was fixed because I was just there last week and had no issues with the audio either.

PhotoDave219

The fix I was referring to was Hermiones voice. Just get someone better to rerecord the dialogue. Should be pretty easy if they ever decide to do it but if they don't I wouldn't mind at all. It's not a huge deal breaker for me.

You mean you want Emma Watson whispering sweet nothings in your ears?

Go on, please. Explain in essay form or using visual aids....

BrerJon

The fix I was referring to was Hermiones voice. Just get someone better to rerecord the dialogue. Should be pretty easy if they ever decide to do it but if they don't I wouldn't mind at all. It's not a huge deal breaker for me.

I think you'd have to be a pretty die-hard Potter fan to even notice the different voices. I didn't notice with everything else going on during Gringotts, and thought the ones on the Hogwarts Express seem fine too.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Another that seems to be trying too hard....

raymusiccity

Carnival rides like the one's in Dinoland in AK? I guess we would have to find out what is considered a carnival ride. Would TSMM be considered a carnival ride? Sometimes I think it is.

TSMM is definitely a souped up carnival ride......it's called The Whip !

image.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
What? No love for Expedition Everest (with working Yeti), opened in 2006?

I guess I've always been partial to roller coasters.

And Mount Everest. :)

And maybe even a bit towards the Yeti. :D
Everest. I love it, but...

Fix the yeti, the mist, the blowing snow, the unthemed interior section, the light leaks...

Then we can put it in a conversation with Gringott's . (Which is a coaster...kinda.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom