The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Rosso11

Is it suitable for monorail footers?
That I have no idea. But I really don't see Disney ever having the monorail extend to I-drive. They just spent the last 15 years trapping people on property why would they make it easy for them to leave especially to their competition on I-Drive? I could possibly see the thought process of making it easier for the people staying over there plus the convention crowd to get to DW easier but I just don't see that thought process winning out in today's Disney.

Lee

Adventurer
Someone reminded me of a post I made in another thread a few months back.
Seems appropriate to add it here..

This sort of thing is what World Showcase needs. Something to showcase the world, not a shoehorned animation tie-in. Keep the 'toons where they belong.

image.jpg

flying.jpg

DisneyDad1977

This sort of thing is what World Showcase needs. Something to showcase the world, not a shoehorned animation tie-in. Keep the 'toons where they belong.

View attachment 65780

View attachment 65781
Thanks Lee. For a reminder of what is still possible but highly unlikely anytime soon. There are great Imagineers out there toiling on projects like these that look great but will probably never be given the greenlight!

PeterAlt

That I have no idea. But I really don't see Disney ever having the monorail extend to I-drive. They just spent the last 15 years trapping people on property why would they make it easy for them to leave especially to their competition on I-Drive? I could possibly see the thought process of making it easier for the people staying over there plus the convention crowd to get to DW easier but I just don't see that thought process winning out in today's Disney.
Lots of people travel for conventions and never planned to go to WDW. They may go to Sea World since it's literally within walking distance, if they even have time, an interest, or could even afford it. They more likely would add a couple days to their Orlando stay and go to USO because it's right there almost and has much better appeal than Sea World. The case for USO is bolstered even further with Comcast investing billions to fix it up and add new stuff...and, oh yeah, HP.

An easy connection to WDW from I-Drive not only may convince these people to spend some of their time over in Mouse World, but may even convince these conventioneers to book on WDW property. Disney could even capitalize on this further by adding new convention facilities at or near EC.

Mike S

View attachment 65780

View attachment 65781
This is really great. Do you happen to have clearer concept art of the Maelstrom refresh? @marni1971 shared this that I really appreciated but I thought if anyone could possibly have more it would be you.
image.jpg

AEfx

So adding an Aladdin ride to Morroco is up next?
How about adding Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.. the Ride... to Germany?
Maybe we can add some James Bond attractions to England..
and I think a stage show from the movie Traffic would be a great fit for Mexico

Honestly? If they actually would build that much, I wouldn't be picky about where they built it because at least they would be building something, LOL.

But as I said, I'm sure the remainder of WS will remain as stagnant as it has for 25 years, I don't think anyone has anything to worry about here.

PeterAlt

Just south of that image is Patterson Court which is Disney property and does border International drive.
Disney owns an apartment complex? That's new to me! I know they developed Little Lake Bryan and sold it.

In any case, that property is already developed.

AEfx

An easy connection to WDW from I-Drive not only may convince these people to spend some of their time over in Mouse World, but may even convince these conventioneers to book on WDW property. Disney could even capitalize on this further by adding new convention facilities at or near EC.

It might help, but it's really a matter of cost for most conference attendees I know. I hear folks quite regularly going to Orlando for all number of conventions, and most of them don't go to WDW because they'd only have a day or two, and even if they know about the slight discounts on convention related WDW tickets (they keep them relatively hidden on the website, I find you have to Google search to get to them, but maybe that's just me), they still aren't that great of a savings. They do offer the after 2PM/4PM tickets, but when you add parking, etc. - it's still pretty darn expensive to just hop over and enjoy some park time.

Rosso11

Disney owns an apartment complex? That's new to me! I know they developed Little Lake Bryan and sold it.

In any case, that property is already developed.
Well yes and no they are apartment complexes but not for the public. Only for the thousands of College Program kids and internationals. I use to live in them many years ago. They are actually pretty nice complexes. Just because they are developed now doesn't mean they can't be redeveloped in the future if Disney wanted to use that land for a different purpose one day.

bhg469

View attachment 65780

View attachment 65781
But caiden, braiden, and aiden HATE learning. Their iPhone batteries don't last long enough to occupy them while their parents are looking at all those stupid countries.

Last edited:

AEfx

But caiden, braiden, and aiden HATE learning. Their iPhone batteries don't last long enough to occupy them while looking their parents at all those stupid countries.

I agree with your general assessment that kids are way too involved in their devices. Not long ago I almost ran over a kid in a parking lot who walked out of a store looking down to a device in his hand and just kept walking without looking up - and when he finally realized what was happening and abruptly stopped directly in the middle of the path of my vehicle, his mother followed right behind him, who was equally into her device and not paying attention either, and walked right into him. It was funny and sad at the same time (and a bit infuriating).

That said...where is all this educational stuff in WS? Coloring in paper plates at KidCot stations? There is a display here or there, a placard once in awhile saying something, but let's not pretend that most of the folks that go there go for anything other than to eat, drink, and shop. It's simply not the park folks make it out to be. I can see folks wanting that stuff, but we weren't getting it to begin with - so that's why this all seems completely unrelated to the redo of Maelstrom.

lazyboy97o

Lots of people travel for conventions and never planned to go to WDW. They may go to Sea World since it's literally within walking distance, if they even have time, an interest, or could even afford it. They more likely would add a couple days to their Orlando stay and go to USO because it's right there almost and has much better appeal than Sea World. The case for USO is bolstered even further with Comcast investing billions to fix it up and add new stuff...and, oh yeah, HP.

Large conventions will have private buses available to get people to different hotels further away from the convention center. This is true even for conventions at Walt Disney World.

BrerJon

Just south of that image is Patterson Court which is Disney property and does border International drive.

Disney did originally own all that land, I think that was when the first housing complex (Vista?) was built. At some stage it was all sold off, however. Disney retain ownership of all the housing complexes and Mickey's Retreat, but not the rest of the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom