The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
2019??? That's 5 years from now:( Are you really hearing it's being pushed back that far? Did they run into some construction issues already?

No, nothing new.

But I did hear rumblings of the boat ride opening a year or more after the rest of Pandora to drag out costs and give them more to hype.

Either Jim Hill heard the same thing or he 'borrowed' the idea from here.

This IS Disney's MO.

ThemeParkJunkee

The internal date has always been 'fall 2017' but released to media as 'late 2017' ... BUT it does appear that instead of opening everything at once (including the night show and night KS rides) that they want to do it all one thing at a time and that will likely start as soon as 2016 with Rivers of Light and end as far out as 2019.

It's New Fantasyland BS all over again.

Can we get Thomas Smith over here for comments? (perhaps, with a lawyer or three surrounding his keyboard!)

Well, this does fit in perfectly with my plan to only visit WDW every 5-6 years.

Mike S

No, nothing new.

But I did hear rumblings of the boat ride opening a year or more after the rest of Pandora to drag out costs and give them more to hype.

This IS Disney's MO.
How about actually building something worthy of hype to get more hype. Opening in pieces is such a cheap way of going about it. It sucked with New Fantasyland and it will suck with Avatar.

Captain Neo

No, nothing new.

This IS Disney's MO.

Surprised to hear this as they need new content ASAP to combat Universal and it's not like they don't have anything coming after Avatar (Star Wars Land is already lined up and potentially other things at DHS). Seems like a poor business decision to me.

John

A staggered opening?.....2019? When will TWDC learn? Didn't they learn anything from FL? By the time everything is open, it becomes old news. Is 7DMC popular? sure, but does anybody remember TLM ride? Is there still a wait for that ride?

Pandora sponsoring Wishes......we should all rejoice in the fact that somebody wants to sponsor anything at the swamps. Wonder why no concrete company wants to sponsor an attraction. Awful lot of it going in.

Militarizing the police? a sad commentary to what we have become. Am I blaming the guberment? am I blaming ourselves? yup.....all guilty as charged. No one has any common sense anymore.....period.

AFI spot closing? of course it is, museums don't make any money. Ambiance? theming? placement?....HA! Hollywood Studios?....HA! Other then the name of the streets as time goes by there will be no sign of Hollywood other then in name only. In the first few year when MGM was open, there was no other place I would rather be then at WDW. Now, I can think of hundreds of places.

Star Wars? by the time SW is finally open at DHS....all three sequels will have been out and JJ's Oscar will have collected dust.

PhotoDave219

That is totally insane, even if you live in O-Town. How much do you have to spend on overpriced Disney food and drink just to break even? And why would someone who lives in the area, with so many options for dining, want to eat that much there?

It was a great deal when it started ... and even got better as the price increased because more locations accepted it (when it began, only five locations at EPCOT accepted it). But for the last decade it has all been about raising the price of the offering, opening it to more people (first APers, then DVCers now ... anyone?)

I just don't get why anyone would want the thing. I gave up mine in 2008 and almost did the two years prior.

20% savings plus the mandatory 18% gratuity. So 2% savings per meal. BUT You're gonna tip anyways, so lets figure 20% over what you normally would have paid for at the mouse.

I'll do the math....

$125 = (Amount Spent) * .20
$125/.20 = Amount Spent
$625 = Amount Spent.

If you're an AP holder that comes here 2 weeks at a time (Two weeks at the front end, two weeks at the back end) & get TIW, assuming family of four, figure you can recoup that money and actually have a deal. You can make back $625 if you have 10 meals over the course of a year with just 2 people. Figure 5 meals on a family of 4. (Quicker if you drink.) Plus free parking or valet.

Given the right circumstances.... it works for some people. It used to work for me. Not anymore.

If you're looking at how much you have to spend to actually save money, including gratuity? $6250. 2% savings.

Animaniac93-98

That gif spoils a pretty great moment in the film for anyone who hasn't seen it.

The movie has made nearly $200 million in the US to date and the gif has been in circulation online for some time now. Anyone reading this thread has likely already seen it.

(not to mention the gif without the music or entire film frame does not spoil the whole scene)

Animaniac93-98

In DLP news, it sure looks like they are doing a top quality job on the Newport Bay redo, much like they did with Sequoia Lodge. One would hope that spells good things for the parks.

I've posted updates in this thread, and yes it looks good and appears to be running on schedule. Looking forward to seeing the results in person!

Speaking of Paris, the Spidey meet-greet-and-grope has been extended 'indefinitely' ...

No surprise there, it's popular so why get rid of it after only a couple of months?

Cesar R M

That is totally insane, even if you live in O-Town. How much do you have to spend on overpriced Disney food and drink just to break even? And why would someone who lives in the area, with so many options for dining, want to eat that much there?

It was a great deal when it started ... and even got better as the price increased because more locations accepted it (when it began, only five locations at EPCOT accepted it). But for the last decade it has all been about raising the price of the offering, opening it to more people (first APers, then DVCers now ... anyone?)

I just don't get why anyone would want the thing. I gave up mine in 2008 and almost did the two years prior.
I still wonder how can you recoup the money invested in this "discount" thing.
I mean, 120 USD is a huge chunk.. its only for a year right?
I wonder how many times you have to actually eat in the mentioned restaurants to even start to see savings.

*edit* nevermind, answered.

Last edited:

Bolna

The movie has made nearly $200 million in the US to date and the gif has been in circulation online for some time now. Anyone reading this thread has likely already seen it.

(not to mention the gif without the music or entire film frame does not spoil the whole scene)

Well, but there are international readers in markets where the film has not even been released yet. However, it seems that the Gif did not work for me, so I was not spoiled, just confused....

John

So here I sit this morning and ponder about my girl, I think about what she has become. After 20 plus years I look at her and wonder what the h*ll happened. She was so beautiful. There was such a pleasantness about her. You could even call it regal. She had class, taste. We were in awe of her.

Now all of her essence is being stripped away piece by piece. Replacing her jewels are cheap costume jewelry. Sure other people thinks she is still beautiful, but they don't know her like I do. She has changed. To see her now I must make an appointment. To have dinner with her I must call six months in advance. To dance with her I have to call sixty days in advance. No longer can I just walk up and knock on the door and go on a date. She has lost her spontaneity.

I would spend lots of money to wine and dine her, sometimes those nights would last to the wee hours of the morning....she appreciated it. She would reciprocate by giving me memories that would last a life time. Now I have to wear a rubber band and wait in line to have just a few minutes with her. Long gone are the days when we could just stroll along and enjoy each others company.

Our relationship has changed forever. I don't love her like I used to, I never will. I don't think she loves me either. Like a first love I will always remember her, but I think for me its time to move on. I have one more date with her. Its going to be tough, I know that it will be sometime before I see her again. It will be hard.....but she just isn't the same anymore.

Nubs70

So here I sit this morning and ponder about my girl, I think about what she has become. After 20 plus years I look at her and wonder what the h*ll happened. She was so beautiful. There was such a pleasantness about her. You could even call it regal. She had class, taste. We were in awe of her.

Now all of her essence is being stripped away piece by piece. Replacing her jewels are cheap costume jewelry. Sure other people thinks she is still beautiful, but they don't know her like I do. She has changed. To see her now I must make an appointment. To have dinner with her I must call six months in advance. To dance with her I have to call sixty days in advance. No longer can I just walk up and knock on the door and go on a date. She has lost her spontaneity.

I would spend lots of money to wine and dine her, sometimes those nights would last to the wee hours of the morning....she appreciated it. She would reciprocate by giving me memories that would last a life time. Now I have to wear a rubber band and wait in line to have just a few minutes with her. Long gone are the days when we could just stroll along and enjoy each others company.

Our relationship has changed forever. I don't love her like I used to, I never will. I don't think she loves me either. Like a first love I will always remember her, but I think for me its time to move on. I have one more date with her. Its going to be tough, I know that it will be sometime before I see her again. It will be hard.....but she just isn't the same anymore.
Just call her pimp. I believe his name Bob. He'll set you up, for a price.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Guardians of the Galaxy's soundtrack is rising up the charts ... and I'm still waiting for someone to buy it for me!

rHgc3wp2z68Em7vq3iiHEyRCs3o.gif

I just bought it this morning and listened to it on the way to work... now *that's* a good way to start the day! Happy, fun music! (and baby dancing Groot also helps)

Dear lourde please send this to Disney management. But you may need to put a "PS" and dumb it down for them. Fantastic post, John. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom