The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

dhall

Please. You are the ultimate MAGICal numbers guru ... you must know how corporations now account for FRACTIONS OF PENNIES.

That is what our bastardized version of capitalism has come to. Worry about money so tiny that it really doesn't exist in any sense ... but do so as those $100 Ben Franklins sail overhead.

So absurd it almost defies how anyone at any business school could be teaching this (blank) yet they must be.

Anyone going to complain to someone like the Citricos area manager?
Maybe I'm just getting old, but maybe part of the problem is that there aren't Franklins changing hands anymore. In a cashless society, they want us to use the mouse arrest bracelets because we're 4.1767% more likely to spend an extra 3.6872% then we would've been otherwise.

Nobody actually sees the money coming in anymore, and since its all just numbers in a spreadsheet anyway, than anything that increases a black number or decreases a red number is good. They can't see the big changes in the red & black numbers because they don't show up directly -- not like that big black number at the bottom of the spreadsheet that changes in real time.

lazyboy97o

Maybe I'm just getting old, but maybe part of the problem is that there aren't Franklins changing hands anymore. In a cashless society, they want us to use the mouse arrest bracelets because we're 4.1767% more likely to spend an extra 3.6872% then we would've been otherwise.

Nobody actually sees the money coming in anymore, and since its all just numbers in a spreadsheet anyway, than anything that increases a black number or decreases a red number is good. They can't see the big changes in the red & black numbers because they don't show up directly -- not like that big black number at the bottom of the spreadsheet that changes in real time.
I think the bigger problem is that those making the decisions lack the direct experience to know what supports what.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
Do yourself a favor ... just check wikipedia for all of the hit films Bette was in, most Disney, in the 1980s ... Does Down and Out in Beverly Hills ring a bell? How about Beaches? Or Ruthless People?

Golden Globes ... Emmys ... yeah, she was a has been. ... Just like Costner and the rest ...
And I also loved Bette Midler in "The Rose". (Janis Joplin).

tribbleorlfl

Sad, but not unexpected ... they have been doing quite poorly. Such a shame because they put out a quality product and do far more good for the study and health of sea life than anyone else.

They let a small group of crazies steal the narrative. And SEAS didn't handle it right at all. They should have gone on the offensive ... I would have. I still have a social media campaign that might help turn the tide (Call me SEAS!), but I don't give it for free (I am not a Disney fanboi!)
Yeah, pretty disappointing, I thought they'd be able to overcome the lie/propaganda/hit piece mascarading as a documentary by now. I'd agree they don't push all of the animal rescue and rehab work enough, rescue work that is made possible by the business.

I will say, though, SW "feels" different now under BS than it did 5 years ago under AB when we first had AP's. The food isn't nearly as good, there's a lot more generic non-SW-branded merch, and I'm not a big fan of the more recent additions (Turtle Trek and Antarctica). Perhaps this could be reflected in the results, slightly, as well.

Longhairbear

Some Spirited Musings:

How do you know you are succeeding in ing off folks with tremendous wealth and power? They have their trained monkeys hit a few keystrokes and mess with your life. Too bad that kind of thing simply encourages me to push further and get meaner.

I'm loving this, please push further, and do get a lot meaner. I only wish you could name names, but I know you probably can't, or shouldn't.

PhotoDave219

The food prices are insane and the 'Tables in DizzyWorld' Card doesn't make any sense and hasn't for a very long time unless you are an addict and are going to simply give Disney your money no matter what.

I had the card when it started in 1995 for Florida residents only (under MDE's leadership, they actually cared about locals!) and was only $25 a year for TWO cards and for meals that were so much cheaper than today.

20% off now is such a joke (when you are paying what ... $90-100 for membership!) when menus on average are 35-50% too high vs. real world O-Town prices. And the gouging now ... and blackout dates.

For decades, prices were the same year round. You didn't pay to eat more because you came at Christmas time. And if you had a discount, then it was applied.

Oh, yeah, that was all under the Eisner years.

$125 was my renewal..... But not this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom