1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by WDW1974, May 27, 2014.

1. seascape

seascape Well-Known Member

I did not want to post here again but this is crazy. How can anyone say the two parks and city walk have the capacity of over 36 million a year which is double what the magic kingdom draws. That is insane. And I was nice enough to incluse city walk. There is now way possible for you post to be even close to being accurate.

stevehousse likes this.
  2. Jennifer66

Jennifer66 Well-Known Member

C a p a c i t y.

KJC, seahawk7 and Mike S like this.
  3. the.dreamfinder

the.dreamfinder Well-Known Member

WDW1974, 71jason, skubersky and 2 others like this.
  4. the.dreamfinder

the.dreamfinder Well-Known Member

@skubersky any news on UNI's land acquisitions?

5. PhotoDave219

PhotoDave219 Well-Known Member

Soarin' Over Pgh and stevehousse like this.
  6. PeterAlt

PeterAlt Well-Known Member

7. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

We are talking Attraction fire power here, not restaurants, park benches, and open space.

8. WDW1974

WDW1974 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Spirited Friday Night Quickees:

First, I am no tease, except with fanbois, so I've played enough: the current WDI plan for Star Wars at DLR involves a complete removal of ... Toontown. Don't know what this means for future DL pyro shows, but that is a huge chunk of land that is considered very 'underutilized'.

Second, it goes without saying that I am not changing my personality, posting style or blunt opinions. If people here can't handle them, then by all means don't post in Spirited threads. But if you insist on posting here, then you know what you're getting.

Some DLP news has come out in the last few days, most notably what I have told you about NGE tech being used over there (think tickets and such, I would not expect MM+). But they also announced that the Hotel NY will be closed for up to two years for its only top to bottom rehab as soon as Newport Bay is finished. While some will (likely rightly) post to the load levels there, I believe if you are going to turn a resort into a construction zone that you close it (as, for instance, Loews did in NYC recently).

You don't pull a WDW and keep the Poly open when it should be shuttered, all the while charging guests full price.

More DVC? ... Why not?

Is there anyone here who wants to defend Bob Iger's leadership? Feel free, but you are wrong and I likely won't have time for the inevitable 23-pages of back and forth.

Nice to see @skubersky dropping in here. He's just one of so many folks in media, at all levels, that read Spirited threads. And I welcome and invite any/all of them to drop in and have nice cherry limeade and talk about exciting O-Town development's such as the All Star Music's Intermission Food Court (where I stole soda proudly for years!) redo ... or ... or ... ahm ... um .... is there anything else going on at WDW?

A friend and fellow MAGICal member wrote to tell me of recent positive experiences at Carowinds. Yes, it really does come down to corporate culture and leadership and much like Comcast, Cedar Fair finally has it right. Disney has the same people it has for decades ... fanbois who have crushes on Tom Staggs need to realize that he has Strategic Planning coursing thru his mitocolorians (have no idea if that is spelled correctly, nor do I care!)

Disney's Planes: Fire and Rescue is doing exactly what they hoped, both at the box office and the retailers.

BTW, get your Aulani Duffys at any/all Disney outlets for just $9.99 (or I know someone who will pick them up in Hawaii for $35).

Why does my postal carrier insist on FOLDING my Hollywood Reporter in HALF when it fits just fine without damaging the thing at all?

Still waiting for the first Lifestyler trip report from the Four Seasons!

Speaking of which, yes, Mrs. Ricky's MealTicket is currently at DLR and somehow made it into Club 33 (he loves the changes, so I doubt he went with Andy Castro!) Yes, I know. Every Lifestyler has 'friends' ... to which I would say ''Have you met these people?!?!''

That's all for now. Great weekends to all.

9. CinematicFusion

CinematicFusion Well-Known Member

So, how big is Toontown? I've never been, going to DisneyLand in February. That would give us a size of Star Wars land and then we hear WDW is getting the best version. Very exciting!

Mike S and Soarin' Over Pgh like this.
  10. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

So when Magic Kingdom gets rid of Toontown, we get a Circus. When Disneyland does it, they get Star Wars. Can you see the difference here? I know we have more room in DHS for Star Wars but the point is we could have gotten so much more out of the replacement of our Toontown area. Just nuts. It's shocking both resorts are run by the same company.

11. SirLink

SirLink Well-Known Member

Sorry I haven't kept up with this Star Wars stuff, real world problems y'all - I assume it will be a land of roughly 10-12 acres that goes into DL, DHS and Shanghai ?

Or is it substantially less because well mediocrity is king?

12. CinematicFusion

CinematicFusion Well-Known Member

They don't have that much land.
    Florida got/is getting a cirucs, a new fantasyland, Avatar world of Pandora and a new Star Wars land.

California got/is getting Star Wars Land and Cars Land.

flyerjab likes this.
  13. PeterAlt

Wow, great post! I am now your biggest fan! I've been saying these things for years and - in recent years - have (generally) never gotten the respect I deserve for saying these things. People here respect you and now (that you have said these things) they will final listen!

As for CEO, my bet is on Alan Horn. He's worked magic as the studio head.

photoginit likes this.
  14. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Mickey's ToonTown becoming Star Wars Land just seems odd.

71jason, Mike S, Bolna and 4 others like this.
  15. PhotoDave219

PhotoDave219 Well-Known Member

You actually think it's coming to florida? Lol.

photoginit likes this.
  16. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

They're also getting Monstropolis because of canned plans for DHS that were just sitting around because TDO couldn't spend the money to give us the door coaster. Plus when Disneyland got a New Fantasyland in the 80's it was a reworking of the entire land with updates for all the dark rides and their respective facades plus a new dark ride (Pinocchio). They're also getting more updates for the 60th anniversary. When we got it in 2012-2014 it was a clone of a ride that DCA got in addition to the amazing Cars Land that has since received updates that make it better than our version, a new facade for Pooh with the ride untouched, replacing a classic dark ride with a M&G, a restaurant and a too short kiddie coaster. It does look pretty though.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  17. SirLink

SirLink Well-Known Member

Yes well 2015 to announce it then add 7 years for construction and paper shuffling so 2022. Don't see why it wouldn't, plus we will get a new benevolent CEO who will Purge all management at WDW ... and then I woke up.

18. PeterAlt

Yes, but how long? If Comcast keeps doing what they're doing and Disney keeps doing what it's doing, and the status quo doesn't change in the coming years, this reality will become a paradigm shift.

19. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

Especially when the existing Star Wars ride is elsewhere.

Since the trolley stopped running, the bounce was taken out of Goofy's House and other elements were removed Toontown doesn't have much going for it beyond the RR dark ride and its general appearence. If they move Car Toon Spin elsewhere, I can't say I'll miss it much.

EDIT: How about getting rid of Monsters Inc and putting Roger Rabbit there as part of a new Toontown? Would make more sense there as an extension of Hollywood.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  20. flynnibus

flynnibus Well-Known Member

I can understand someone proposing ToonTown for SW... I can't understand someone wiling to consider it.

Especially with all that space on the west side of the park. Festival land be gone!

John and Bolna like this.