The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

SJN1279

I never rode Popeye. We always head to Ripsaw Falls first and get soaked. Then decide we are over water rides for the day.

Popeye was my favorite character when I was 3 years hold, so he holds a special place in my heart. It also is the best rapids ride that I ever been on, and puts Kali to shame. I really hate to see it go.

And the slides on Me Ship, The Olive may be the best hidden attraction in Orlando!

Mike S

This.

I can't see them getting rid of the Dragon Challenge (unless its popularity has dwindled that much?), but why couldn't they do something about the view?
When I'm there I don't really see it getting waits over 20 minutes (it was actually 5-10 last time I was there) and as Universal has shown in the past they have no problems removing rides in the name of moving forward with the resort (original Kong, BTTF, Jaws etc.)

Last edited:

cw1982

When I'm there I don't really see it getting waits over 20 minutes (it was actually 5-10 last time I was there). and as Universal has shown in the past they have no problems removing rides in the name of moving forward with the resort (original Kong, BTTF, Jaws etc.)

Wait might only be 20 minutes for the most part, but it's essentially two rides running at the same time, right? I'm not sure how accurate of a measure wait times truly is for this one.

And I should have been more clear... I can't see them getting rid of it because I like it lol. Probably poor wording on my part. I believe you when you say they've gotten rid of popular rides before.

SJN1279

Wait might only be 20 minutes for the most part, but it's essentially two rides running at the same time, right? I'm not sure how accurate of a measure wait times truly is for this one.

And I should have been more clear... I can't see them getting rid of it because I like it lol. Probably poor wording on my part. I believe you when you say they've gotten rid of popular rides before.
I always loved Dueling Dragon's queue, the actual ride never made me feel all that well.

SJN1279

I guess I must just have a strong stomach then... I've never been bothered by Mission Space, FJ, or any of the other rides that people seem to say leave them not feeling well.

You have a strong stomach......my stomach is the opposite. And it gets worse every year!

cw1982

Mission Space green was my savior. :)

I'm waiting for Harry Potter green...

Lol... HP green! :hilarious:

About the only rides I don't like are coasters with big first drops... the kind that make me feel like my stomach is in my throat. Other than that, I can handle just about any other movement.

Mike S

Wow, I completely forgot the fact it's basically two rides. Lol.

SJN1279

About the only rides I don't like are coasters with big first drops... the kind that make me feel like my stomach is in my throat. Other than that, I can handle just about any other movement.
I like big hills. I don't like spinning, loops, or whatever Forbidden Journey does....

Mike S

Well I don't like going upside down, so you can see why I'm in favor of removing the ride for something else. You have the right to call me biased ;)

cw1982

I like big hills. I don't like spinning, loops, or whatever Forbidden Journey does....

Hah! You and I could never go to a theme park together then... we'd like all opposite rides.

Although, I have to admit that I thought I'd hate Tower of Terror, since all it does is drop repeatedly, but for some reason that one doesn't phase me like it seems like it should.

SJN1279

Hah! You and I could never go to a theme park together then... we'd like all opposite rides.

Although, I have to admit that I thought I'd hate Tower of Terror, since all it does is drop repeatedly, but for some reason that one doesn't phase me like it seems like it should.
Tower of Terror is fine, but I like it better when you drop first instead of being shot up.

I am excited to try the drop on Gringotts, hoping you get some air on it.

Mike S

Have you tried looking up on Tower of Terror as you drop watching the ceiling speed away? A completely different experience in and of itself :)

cw1982

Have you tried looking up on Tower of Terror as you drop watching the ceiling speed away? A completely different experience in and of itself :)

Um... no. I don't think I could handle that. Honestly, the only way I make it through that ride is by having someone with me whose arm I can grab right before we drop and closing my eyes as soon as the drop happens lol. I'm kind of a wimp like that.

Mike S

Um... no. I don't think I could handle that. Honestly, the only way I make it through that ride is by having someone with me whose arm I can grab right before we drop and closing my eyes as soon as the drop happens lol. I'm kind of a wimp like that.
I was like that too my first few rides, except my hands were on the side of the seat instead of someone's arm. Now my arms are up the whole time. You don't have to look up, but try letting go one time. It's really worth it :)

Quinnmac000

Per Touring plans and other insiders, you can't compare Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley as Diagon Alley's capacity is double that of Hogsmeade. You can't compare the opening of Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley as there was only two weeks notice as to when Diagon was opening compared to 4 months for Hogsmeade. Add the doom and gloom of the news articles posting about 450 minute lines and people probably pushed their trips back to avoid those lines and crowds. Expect larger than normal crowds in the fall and winter of this year.

However, it is evident DA still has been a success in bringing people into the par because all the other rides at USF have had longer than normal wait times for this time of year meaning more people are coming to the parks.

michmousefan

Since this thread has reached the point where it is anything related to Disney really, I thought I'd use it to bash Disney social media and The Mongello (their top, highly paid, BRAND advocate).

I happened upon the following piece of placed/paid content on USA Today's site earlier today (I wonder if Jen, Gary or Tommy wrote his quotes):

http://www.usatoday.com/experience/...-take-disney-fans-behind-the-scenes/12531643/
Very amusing how they refer to forking over "a bit more moola" to do the extra stuff like the Wild Africa Trek or Dolphin Swim. For most people, $189 is more than a "bit." Conveniently glossed over is the reality that you *also* have to buy a $100 ticket into the park as well. I'm still amazed that the Behind the Seeds tour is still as inexpensive as it is. Apparently the sharp pencil boys haven't gotten around to it yet.

It seems at this point that WDW is aggressively concentrating on ways to keep the 1% amused, or at least *under the assumption* that they are being amused. The waterside Poly huts and the new waterside cabins/whatever at VWL seem to be indicators of that direction. Honestly at this point I won't be surprised if they build custom tree houses at AKL that let you look directly down on the animals in the savannas. Being 30 yards away is just too far; let's see if we can get people to 30 feet away! And charge them $1500/night for the privilege.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom