The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Ranch Dressing

The blind leading the blind?

Lets try it this way. If Universal had exclusive rights to GoTG, which I have not denied is not considered within the Avengers family, but since Disney is featuring them in one of the Florida theme parks, did Disney find a loophole in what is considered a family in the contract?

And why can't, since Universal supposedly has exclusive rights, why can't they just put a cutout of GoTG somewhere in IOA?

If you can answer these questions, you're on the right track. Get a "lawyer" to explain it if you have to.:p

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Lets try it this way. If Universal had exclusive rights to GoTG, which I have not denied is not considered within the Avengers family, but since Disney is featuring them in one of the Florida theme parks, did Disney find a loophole in what is considered a family in the contract?

And why can't, since Universal supposedly has exclusive rights, why can't they just put a cutout of GoTG somewhere in IOA?

If you can answer these questions, you're on the right track. Get a "lawyer" to explain it if you have to.:p
Do you believe people are ignorant on certain subjects and therefore will consider you some type of insider for your vague and widespread claims ?

Next Big Thing

Fastpass+ wasn't around but old school Fastpass was. You know, the one you didn't have to reserve weeks in advance and weren't tiered, etc.
Only noobs reserve weeks in advance.

I reserved the day before for July 5th and got Kilimanjaro Safari's, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. Dinosaur was such a walk-on, we decided not to use FP for the attraction and switch to FotLK. Yes, FP+ for shows actually does work if you use it right. It gives you a 20 minute window, 12:30-12:50 for example. FP+ is let in first at 12:45. We ended up with second row viewing due to being let in so early before the masses.

FP+ is flexible and easy to use and makes touring the parks pretty damn easy imo. It's the least of the problems involved with MM+.

TeriofTerror

My assumption was that it had to be characters (and their families) that were in use by Uni at the time Disney acquired Marvel. I don't believe Uni can randomly call dibs on any given character just by sticking up a cardboard cutout. I also believe that certain maintenance standards are in place in order for Uni to retain those rights, but again, I have no first-hand information and could totally be talking out of my a** here.
(However if I am right, I'm assuming about 90% of the people here know this already. If I'm misinformed, now's my chance to learn something new!)

lebeau

Read em' and weep Uni lovers.

A memo is circulating that one if the mist common questions asked to team members is, " Can you help me with my Magic Bands?".

Universal Orlando will have a "RDIF convenience system" in place by the end of next year. This is from a rock solid Universal source.

Great. I like convenience. As long as Uni doesn't "pull a Disney" and let their parks stagnant while they pour billions into the project, I'm all for it. I'm guessing they will learn from Disney's mistakes and implement a cheaper and more efficient system.

Yay! Thanks for the good news.

lebeau

My assumption was that it had to be characters (and their families) that were in use by Uni at the time Disney acquired Marvel. I don't believe Uni can randomly call dibs on any given character just by sticking up a cardboard cutout. I also believe that certain maintenance standards are in place in order for Uni to retain those rights, but again, I have no first-hand information and could totally be talking out of my a** here.
(However if I am right, I'm assuming about 90% of the people here know this already. If I'm misinformed, now's my chance to learn something new!)

The argument is over whether or not GoG would be considered part of one of the families Uni has the rights to. The Marvel Universe overlaps so much that just about every character has ties to every other character. Almost every character you can think of has been an Avenger at some point including many members of the GoG. So Universal could possibly assert that claim. They are loosely connected enough that it is a grey area.

TeriofTerror

The argument is over whether or not GoG would be considered part of one of the families Uni has the rights to. The Marvel Universe overlaps so much that just about every character has ties to every other character. Almost every character you can think of has been an Avenger at some point including many members of the GoG. So Universal could possibly assert that claim. They are loosely connected enough that it is a grey area.
Do you think the current use of GotG characters might be a trial balloon of sorts? I get the feeling that even the parties involved aren't 100% sure what the exact parameters are, and could continue to be a grey area until one side feels pushed too far and a lawsuit ensues.

PrincessNelly_NJ

No, that is exactly the point. Your smartphone might be locked to a certain service provider, but you can still access the internet by wifi and wifi is provided by Disney throughout all the parks. Hence you can get the MM + app to work. That's certainly one big reason why Disney invested heavily in the huge free wifi network they installed.
That's great and all. But still defeats the purpose of advertising the app when they just eliminated a ton of android phones from using the app with the new update and windows phones still have no app at all.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Read em' and weep Uni lovers.

A memo is circulating that one if the mist common questions asked to team members is, " Can you help me with my Magic Bands?".

Universal Orlando will have a "RDIF convenience system" in place by the end of next year. This is from a rock solid Universal source.

I just asked a trusted contact at Uni Orlando who would know.

Nothing closely resembling FP+ is on the table for the forseeable.

RFID media for park entry maybe.

So one of us will be wrong. If it is me I'll freely admit it. Do remind me if so.

seascape

That's great and all. But still defeats the purpose of advertising the app when they just eliminated a ton of android phones from using the app with the new update and windows phones still have no app at all.
As long as your phone has a browser you can use the Internet for access to MDE and schedule your fast passes.

PrincessNelly_NJ

As long as your phone has a browser you can use the Internet for access to MDE and schedule your fast passes.
Yes, but the website doesn't give you things that the app do like wait times or times guides. It is less convenient, which is the whole point of MDE and not to mention, on my phone at least, booking fp+ goes to the full web page and is much harder to do because you have to constantly zoom in and out just to click "ok."

seascape

Yes, but the website doesn't give you things that the app do like wait times or times guides. It is less convenient, which is the whole point of MDE and not to mention, on my phone at least, booking fp+ goes to the full web page and is much harder to do because you have to constantly zoom in and out just to click "ok."
I'm sure you are rigbt. I never used the browser just my android smart phone. I have found the app and the update great. Only 72 days till my next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom