The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Lee

Adventurer
Is that accurate though?

If the DA $265 mill numbers and the 480ish for FLE are accurate, that suggests WDI has some major issues.
Oh, yes...WDI has major systemic issues. There is no excuse for allowing their budgets to run as amok as they have been.

But, my point was that when given proper funding and direction, they can still produce rides that are among the best in the world. (Mystic, Rat, RSR, etc.)

The problems arise from extraneous forces. Like having a project's budget or scope slashed in half by the suits. Or being told that a Frozen presence is needed in the parks ASAP, but with the limitations of a (relatively) small budget and the directive that it not be a major new ride because the suits no longer want to spend money that way if they can help it.

What happens then is that imagineers who feel they are on the verge of being sacked if they don't get themselves attached to a project come up with idiotic ideas like converting Maelstrom.

It's a vicious cycle.

Stevek

Do share with the rest of us.

Nothing overly exciting. When asked "what do you think is next in theme park attractions?" he answered "Harry Potter." Said that they learned Walt's Formula...being in touch with the emotional center of your audience. Have to give people what they want out of the story device (the ride/attraction) or it won't click with them. Used Peter Pan as an example and that 60 years later, people are still waiting 30+ minutes to sail out the window over London. Always good hearing Tony, he will always have a passion for the parks.

FigmentJedi

Nothing overly exciting. When asked "what do you think is next in theme park attractions?" he answered "Harry Potter." Said that they learned Walt's Formula...being in touch with the emotional center of your audience. Have to give people what they want out of the story device (the ride/attraction) or it won't click with them. Used Peter Pan as an example and that 60 years later, people are still waiting 30+ minutes to sail out the window over London. Always good hearing Tony, he will always have a passion for the parks.
Listening to it now. I'm already happy with him calling out the attraction concept art these days focusing so much on guests pointing out fun things.

suburbianj

Hey, Can you do some damn research before you put something blatently wrong & misleading up here?

Its for international direct flights from certain airports with direct flights to the U.S.

This is not a domestic thing.
Hold on a sec tonto,i live in scotland,not once did i mention it being a domestic thing, we have been told that if we fly from the UK to america then all electrical gadgets including phones NEED to be charged....this is due to a raised terrorist threat on your side of the pond due to the fact these fanatics have found a way to get potential explosives through security without being noticed. I resent your comment about me not doing my research.

PhotoDave219

Hold on a sec tonto,i live in scotland,not once did i mention it being a domestic thing, we have been told that if we fly from the UK to america then all electrical gadgets including phones NEED to be charged....this is due to a raised terrorist threat on your side of the pond due to the fact these fanatics have found a way to get potential explosives through security without being noticed. I resent your comment about me not doing my research.

No… I'm pretty spot on with my observations.

If you have an issue with air travel, May I suggest a boat.

orky8

I wonder if it's too late for Cameron to take his blue sex kittens down the road to Uni. I'm sure a good lawyer can find a loophole for him.

mgpan

But FP+ wasn't around when that one debuted. I think some folks are going to be"spoiled" by FP+. Whether or not that translates to lots of families choosing WDW over Uni (or any other park) solely for the convenience remains to be seen but there's bound to be a few. This was Disney's whole play with MM+ to begin with wasn't it?

And I agree with Parentsof4 (and most on here) that Express pass and FP+ fatten up the lines unnecessarily. Is the common family thinking about that though? Like me, they just want to get to the front.

Fastpass+ wasn't around but old school Fastpass was. You know, the one you didn't have to reserve weeks in advance and weren't tiered, etc.

PhotoDave219

The latest Motley Fool article should be fun:

Comcast Is About to Cream Disney

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/07/comcast-is-about-to-cream-disney.aspx

This should be a nice, calm discussion. :D

That's a giant problem. Years of letting Wall Street dominate the lack of investments here in Central Florida, they've completely sacrificed the future.

Wall Street's now noticing that's a problem.

Of course… I have an issue with Wall Street essentially asking Disney "why did you listen to us?"

suburbianj

No… I'm pretty spot on with my observations.

If you have an issue with air travel, May I suggest a boat.
I feel safe as houses on planes,was just repeating what we are being told over here.......wont stop me flying virgin atlantic,scariest thing on those planes is the broken flush i had one time after dropping the kids at the pool, i walk out the cubicle....a hot brunette walks in.....my face was like a beetroot the rest of the flight :)

lebeau

I really enjoyed the ROCKETEER, the phantom in the other hand.. was laughable.

I actually enjoyed both movies for what they were. The Rocketeer deserved a better reception than it got. But I don't know why all the studios thought any of these properties was anything like Batman. They really seemed mystified when audiences didn't show up in droves and that all the merch ended up on the clearance racks.

Then of course there was the infamous Katzenberg memo which trashed Warren Beatty and eventually inspired Jerry Maguire. Good times.

PrincessNelly_NJ

The latest Motley Fool article should be fun:

Comcast Is About to Cream Disney

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/07/comcast-is-about-to-cream-disney.aspx

This should be a nice, calm discussion. :D
oh-snap-gif-1.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom