The Spirited Back Nine ...

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I think they should rename Gotham ''The Penguin Chronicles: The Early Years'' because that's all it really is ... or all that is worth watching.

The Gotham team has stated all along that this season was primarily focused on Gordon and The Penguin, the other characters are intended to be supporting cast. You are right though, the scenes with The Penguin are simply the best part of the show right now.

FigmentFreak

I'll stick with:
big_damn_heroes_by_fengra-d45xhdw.png

Oh sweet Serenity.

doctornick

Blame our British roots and resistance to change from imperial measurements to metric. I think we resisted because everyone else embraced it... ;)

I'm totally behind using the metric system in the US, but I do prefer Fahrenheit to Celsius. I think the wider range of numbers with Fahrenheit is better able to illustrate the temperatures that we humans experience.

I wouldn't mind a system that is a hybrid of the two, going from (say) 0 degrees for the freezing point of water to 200 degrees for the boiling point.

Last edited:

mahnamahna101

I was pondering that 3rd gate at UNI and just thinking about what if the failed Hard Rock Park had been placed at UNI to go along with the HR Hotel. It was such a great concept with horrible placement. A Led Zepplin themed B&M coaster with a custom mixed soundtrack and it only lasted a year. Pity. That would have complemented the other two with it's own genre.
I would say a video game/board game/toy themed park (linked by childhood/imagination) would fit better than a music themed park.

Music is pretty limited as to how many lands/attractions there could be

Bairstow

Skipper John was most notable not listening to advice when dealing with Disney Interactive business unit and their projects. Also not listening with regard to the issues with park rides without knowledge of how to build a ride.

I also would say animation is done better elsewhere at a cheaper cost. e.g. Toy Story 3 budget was around $200million and DM2 was around $76million. Others who work at Pixar, like Pete Docter who can do JL role and possibly be better.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if Disney's animation wing continues its upward swing in quality, the video game unit needs to take a back seat. Animated films are the motor that drives this truck.

jmb2676

Same here in pittsburgh.

Frankutuary (yep, hot dogs and veggie dogs) for crazy prices. Also a Mac n cheese truck, and during the summer a gourmet ice cream truck that I'm guilty of stalking. Ever have rose ice cream? It's incredible.

If I'm on vacation at disney I willnot be looking for food trucks when their restaurant s are supposedly top notch eating. If nothing else, unique. Some of them, at least.

Haven't had the Mac n Cheese truck yet but the Taco Truck is great.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Why must Americans use Fahrenheit? It just makes my brain hurt......
- Sent from South Australia, where it is 37 degrees (Celcius), and unbearably hot

Yep, we don't have much use for your metric system either but I feel for your heat index. One of my DS BFF was hired to launch a new waterpark in S. Australia. She picked up and moved, was back at the end of her first contract. Being an athlete in S. Australia and coming from the Midwest of the US was not a good move.

John

Blame our British roots and resistance to change from imperial measurements to metric. I think we resisted because everyone else embraced it... ;)

I remember back in the early seventies when they wanted the US to change over.....it was hilarious. We as a society couldn't come to grips with the metric standard. Just something in our brains couldn't grasp. Ummmmm everything based on 10's.....uhhhhhhh ummmm I don't get it.....LOL They just threw their hands up in disgust and walked away from the idea.

Donald Razorduck

I was pondering that 3rd gate at UNI and just thinking about what if the failed Hard Rock Park had been placed at UNI to go along with the HR Hotel. It was such a great concept with horrible placement. A Led Zepplin themed B&M coaster with a custom mixed soundtrack and it only lasted a year. Pity. That would have complemented the other two with it's own genre.
Well the 3rd gate talk was part of the initial post that started the thread. But, supposedly most all of the park was going to Vietnam.

Mickey_777

Rain > Snow
Humidity > Snow
Heat > Snow
Carnie Rides in HS > Snow
Iger > Snow
I would rather ride Ellen's Universe of Energy over & over or be forced to watch Captain EO repeatedly than deal with snow...

It was fun when I was a kid, but somehow the "having to risk my life to get to work on ice & snow covered roads or lose my job" pretty much killed that for me. And the fact that NJ does a hell of a job clearing main roads, while the small roads never get plowed and turn into sheets of deadly ice that even Elsa couldn't create doesn't help either!

I dread snow. Snow is a bad word in our house. I'm still depressed over last winter. :(

Ah yes those are great points. You rarely get snow days when you're an adult. When it snows, you usually need to get your butt to work regardless unless it's "snowmageddon" like a couple years back. Even in those cases, you might be able to stay home but get docked pay depending on your boss. Plus it gets so cold your skin cracks. I mean, I'm a pretty modern guy as I stay fit and dress well but I draw the line at constantly moisturizing so my knuckles won't bleed in the winter.

The spirit is clear on how he doesn't like Florida's heat and humidity but I don't mind it all. I prefer it actually. In fact, Virginia in August isn't any different save a bit less rain. Virginia in January? No thanks.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I would never tell a child (even a 33-year-old one) how to play with their toys.

I am commenting on how when Disney owns you they have no problem dropping characters from one world into another where they don't belong.

Even as a kid, I cringed when Scooby Doo and the Gang got help from Batman, The Super Friends or, perhaps worst of all, Sonny & Cher.

Just because Disney owns Marvel now doesn't mean Thor should exist in the same world as Daisy Duck or Merida.
I guess it's personal preference. The concept of the "cross-over" has been around nearly as long as stories about popular characters have:
http://io9.com/5833704/a-brief-history-of-the-crossover

For Marvel specifically, it's nearly as old as the Marvel characters themselves. The shared universe that they all inhabited was one of the things that excited young readers. Marvel has crossed over with nearly everything that could be crossed over with. Remember, when comics first were created, each character lived in his own world with no other characters in sight. Once they started crossing paths is when things got interesting.

It goes back past comic books, past Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man, into literature. Heck, Disney Sea uses properties from a set of books that crossed over. Captain Nemo and the Nautilus show up in The Mysterious Island.

In video games, it's been around for many years as well, so much so that it's a standard concept. Marvel vs. Capcom. Mortal Combat vs. DC Comics.

Personally, I have no problem, specifically with Infinity where the rules are fairly set in stone (Donald Duck can't be kicking butt in the Avengers playset alongside Thor, but in the Toy Box where the point is the mashup you can play against convention).

If they start integrating Mickey Mouse into the Marvel cinematic universe, I might raise some issues on the integrity, but in video games, nah. The mash up can be fun. IMO

71jason

Never visited but read a lot about it. Everything says a well-themed park that was just too expensive for the market. I think it would have succeeded in Orlando, and thrived as a 3d gate at Uni. Books/movies/music, would have slipped right in.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
How sweet! Universal decided to add it's own "Yeti" to make Disney feel better. Wait, I thought it was just Disney that let things break and stay broken. What's up with that?
The potential "Yeti" in Diagon Alley is a particular fog effect on EfG. When it works right, that part of the ride is extremely effective. When it doesn't, it's obvious. I've ridden EfG 4 times. Worked twice, didn't work twice. Keep a watch on that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom