The Spirited Back Nine ...

Goofyernmost

This is perhaps the silliest thing argued about here and that's saying a lot. Both tacos and burgers are made from beef (or something resembling beef;)). Nobody was disputing that. The discussion was simply about where you could get a taco salad when Tortuga Tavern is closed for the season. Pecos Bills had them for a while, but now they are gone. You could instead get a burger or a steak at any number of various places if you wanted a different version of beef and Tortuga was closed, but neither is the same thing as a taco salad. It's really hard to understand how that could be disputed.
It's not really, it was just that someone mentioned that they couldn't have a taco salad and that an unacceptable alternative was a burger and I said, get a burger, put lettuce, tomato and cheese on it and basically you have a taco. It was after that it all went crazy.o_O But, I thought it was all in fun, but, like I said apparently many people take their Taco's very seriously.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

ground beef.. in a taco..
My Mexican soul felt a punch in the gut.

Well, for starters. real mexican tacos never use "ground" burger meat.. even less anything that looks like taco bell fake meat.
They use real shredded and pulled meat.

Dont forget how Pizza is now a vegetable by Congress standards ;)
Yea, but we don't live in Mexico and WDW is not located in Mexico so what we get here is ground beef.

bhg469

Yea, but we don't live in Mexico and WDW is not located in Mexico so what we get here is ground beef.
We have A Mexico til frozen takes over another pavilion anyway...

As far as tacos, if I get them at the local food truck or at a restaurant, they have chorizo or carnitas. I'm much further from Mexico than Florida is. Taco truck is run by the biggest gringo hipsters in the city. I hate hipsters but they make great tacos.

justavoice

Curious what parentsof4 thinks about how the lower gas prices will impact Disney in the coming year.

On one hand I think more disposable income will mean more people paying for Park upgrades ie fireworks dessert bar, Disney character dining and wanting that Magical Disney experience. AFRAID that numbers will be high for park income and be used as reinforcement that current management is doing the right things at Disney parks. With that fear is that increased attendance will increase wear and tear on the parks and expose the condition problems faster and more pronounced which could be GOOD.

I have seen the park numbers increase over the past 10 years in the time that I usually attend, Jan, May, Jun and Oct. I think it has been discussed about the caliber of cliental visiting the Disney resorts and parks, and I am not trying to be an elitist with the following statement: The guest visiting the park are rude, crass, pushy, demanding, and focused on rides at all cost and not the experience. With the US economy seeming to show signs of rebounding, one of my rental buildings houses an upscale restaurant that has witnessed a 15% increase this Christmas season and will top last years sales by at least 10% to the mid 7 figure level. I think the problem that WDW is going to be facing is that the demand will be greater for entertainment that they will be able to accomodate. Not hotels but parks. Magic Kingdom is always busy, EPCOT will have standard festivals and alcohol seeking guests, Animal Kingdom will attempt to move to an evening park but many of the animal experiences are not designed for lights and Avatar is several years still away and then the rework of DHS means the limited park is very thin even with carnival rides coming per earlier rumour on here. To me demand will be pushed to the top two and those parks are already showing signs of the stress. Will those breakdowns and forced refurbs be enough to draw attention to the current problem of limiting maintance while increasing usage?

I may be out in leftfield and completely wrong on all accounts but I am just very curious with economy turning and more people with income to spend if they are going to fall for Disney lite compared to the park of the 70's 80's and even 90's that I knew.

At least something other than beef in tacos to talk about

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Curious what parentsof4 thinks about how the lower gas prices will impact Disney in the coming year.

On one hand I think more disposable income will mean more people paying for Park upgrades ie fireworks dessert bar, Disney character dining and wanting that Magical Disney experience. AFRAID that numbers will be high for park income and be used as reinforcement that current management is doing the right things at Disney parks. With that fear is that increased attendance will increase wear and tear on the parks and expose the condition problems faster and more pronounced which could be GOOD.

I have seen the park numbers increase over the past 10 years in the time that I usually attend, Jan, May, Jun and Oct. I think it has been discussed about the caliber of cliental visiting the Disney resorts and parks, and I am not trying to be an elitist with the following statement: The guest visiting the park are rude, crass, pushy, demanding, and focused on rides at all cost and not the experience. With the US economy seeming to show signs of rebounding, one of my rental buildings houses an upscale restaurant that has witnessed a 15% increase this Christmas season and will top last years sales by at least 10% to the mid 7 figure level. I think the problem that WDW is going to be facing is that the demand will be greater for entertainment that they will be able to accomodate. Not hotels but parks. Magic Kingdom is always busy, EPCOT will have standard festivals and alcohol seeking guests, Animal Kingdom will attempt to move to an evening park but many of the animal experiences are not designed for lights and Avatar is several years still away and then the rework of DHS means the limited park is very thin even with carnival rides coming per earlier rumour on here. To me demand will be pushed to the top two and those parks are already showing signs of the stress. Will those breakdowns and forced refurbs be enough to draw attention to the current problem of limiting maintance while increasing usage?

I may be out in leftfield and completely wrong on all accounts but I am just very curious with economy turning and more people with income to spend if they are going to fall for Disney lite compared to the park of the 70's 80's and even 90's that I knew.

At least something other than beef in tacos to talk about
A couple of economic factors to consider. Both lower cost flights and lower cost to fill the tank will encourage guests to travel more. More people flying is a better scenario for WDW. Keeping people on site with magic express and magic bands is the goal. People with cars tend to do more off property. The overall uptick in the economy should help broader tourism in Orlando too. I doubt we (as guests) will see any benefit from the lower fuel costs for the Disney bus fleet. It should help profit margins though:greedy:

The rise in value of the US Dollar could be a negative for foreign visitors. The dollar has shown an increase vs the pound in recent months. Less buying power for British and Brazilian guests could result in a pull back from that demographic. The stronger domestic economy should help cover for that. Maybe if the parks are full year round they won't close Tortuga seasonally and the taco salad debate can be put to rest:cool:

Nemo14

Cesar R M

I can't believe you guys are arguing about tacos.
laugh2.gif

slow news week?
heresy! how could you disregard the importance of tacos???

Cesar R M

A couple of economic factors to consider. Both lower cost flights and lower cost to fill the tank will encourage guests to travel more. More people flying is a better scenario for WDW. Keeping people on site with magic express and magic bands is the goal. People with cars tend to do more off property. The overall uptick in the economy should help broader tourism in Orlando too. I doubt we (as guests) will see any benefit from the lower fuel costs for the Disney bus fleet. It should help profit margins though:greedy:

The rise in value of the US Dollar could be a negative for foreign visitors. The dollar has shown an increase vs the pound in recent months. Less buying power for British and Brazilian guests could result in a pull back from that demographic. The stronger domestic economy should help cover for that. Maybe if the parks are full year round they won't close Tortuga seasonally and the taco salad debate can be put to rest:cool:
Mexico also got a big hit in the currency value.
around 15% depreciation.

thank god I bought my trip months before.

Now at Universal Japan, you can get in the Eva

Can easily see them going this route for Pacific Rim here in the west.

I really wonder if it will be as bloody (with gore flying everywhere) as the series and movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom