The Spirited Back Nine ...

Phil12

We found it by accident last year. The taco salad is my son's favorite thing to get but it was November so Tortuga was closed when we walked up. He wasn't too happy about it, but luckily a CM told me they had it at Pecos Bills too.
We ate taco salads at Pecos Bill's last year as well. There was a couple in line near us that ordered taco salads "without the meat". This order perplexed the servers and it took them several tries before they finally were able to create a couple of taco salads for the guests that were indeed meatless. :)

Seabasealpha1

We found it by accident last year. The taco salad is my son's favorite thing to get but it was November so Tortuga was closed when we walked up. He wasn't too happy about it, but luckily a CM told me they had it at Pecos Bills too.
Likewise a man after me own heart! The wife and I almost always seek out the taco salad...though, honestly I dunno why...it's not that great...but somehow it is! :)

Longhairbear

DVC sales will total over $300 million this year, an incredible number, especially since the costs of those sales are only a fraction of that.

Is it really any wonder that Disney is going to build "DVC everywhere"?

Meanwhile, consumers are buying Disney's sales pitch that DVC "saves money". :rolleyes:

Someone paying $165/point at the Villas at the Grand Floridian (VGF), financing it for 10 years at Disney's double-digit interest rates, and then paying VGF's high points-per-night rate will actually end up spending more over the next 30 years than if they just paid cash every year to stay at WDW Deluxe Resorts like the Yacht & Beach Club.

It's an incredible indictment of the ignorance of today's WDW consumer. They are throwing away money as they gullibly swallow Disney's sales pitch hook, line, and sinker.
We paid cash $89- $95 a point first contract, and add on contracts for Wilderness in 2003. $165 per point is a little nuts.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Likewise a man after me own heart! The wife and I almost always seek out the taco salad...though, honestly I dunno why...it's not that great...but somehow it is! :)
It's not a burger, fries or chicken nuggets plus you get some veggies thrown in there.
Pecos recently dropped the taco salad..Its only available at tortuga
Nooooooooo

I went on the Disney website. It looks like they replaced the taco salad with a southwest chicken salad. Guess too many people were getting the "free" toppings salads

Goofyernmost

It's not a burger, fries or chicken nuggets plus you get some veggies thrown in there.
Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't a beef taco nothing more then a ground up burger? Get a burger, go to the toppings bar put on some tomato, lettuce and cheese and you have a taco by another name. The only thing missing is the seasoning and it has a bun instead of a shell. A chicken taco is a chicken nugget ground up, etc., the shell is replaced by breading. Many of those taco salads come with fries. Except for the taste being slightly different, it's the same, health and ingredient wise.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Pecos recently dropped the taco salad..Its only available at tortuga

Man, that's a bummer. Tortuga is usually closed when we're in WDW.

We're not the biggest fans of Disney burgers/fries so the taco salad was a nice alternative. It also seemed to be a simple menu item for Disney. All they did was prepare the meat, scoop it into the shell, and then you were on your own for the rest.

bhg469

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't a beef taco nothing more then a ground up burger? Get a burger, go to the toppings bar put on some tomato, lettuce and cheese and you have a taco by another name. The only thing missing is the seasoning and it has a bun instead of a shell. A chicken taco is a chicken nugget ground up, etc., the shell is replaced by breading. Many of those taco salads come with fries. Except for the taste being slightly different, it's the same, health and ingredient wise.
I will correct you because you asked. Taco meat, in most restaurants, weather you choose beef, chicken, pork or others, it is never plain meat. It is always seasoned when it is cooked. I actually can't think of how nasty a plain ground beef taco would be. @Cesar R M can correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I never said it was healthy did I? A taco salad tastes different than a burger to me even though they are both made with ground beef. It's nice to get some variety at QS. If you prefer a burger, get a burger. Nobody is stopping you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom