The Spirited Back Nine ...

the.dreamfinder

It sounds like Sony's hand may have been forced by all the theater chains that have already dumped the movie.
Whether or not Sony themselves anticipates North Korean terrorists attacking theaters isn't really important if no one's going to be showing the movie anyway.
There's a rumor Sony may release the film on VOD instead.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/s...lease-for-the-interview-exclusive-1201381920/

The article doesn't offer a possible price, but I'd bet on $15-25.

choco choco

It sounds like Sony's hand may have been forced by all the theater chains that have already dumped the movie.
Whether or not Sony themselves anticipates North Korean terrorists attacking theaters isn't really important if no one's going to be showing the movie anyway.

North Korea doesn't allow their own people out of the country. How are they gonna attack theaters in the US?

Tigger1988

Really!?! A lame buddy comedy starring America's 2 most famous man-child (children? Whatever) that uses a comical communist despot as the foil hardly seems like geopolitical trolling.
From Rogen himself: '"There was a moment where [the studio execs] were like: They’ve threatened war over the movie. You kill him [Kim Jong-un]. Would you consider not killing him?' And we were like, 'Nope.'"

Like it or not they trolled, they knew the reaction it could possibly get and they still went with it. And acknowledging that has nothing to do with "sympathizing" with North Korea, get a grip.

PhotoDave219

Seriously, it not like it's a James Bond film. Or any of the other much more deadly fictional characters.

Oh I completely agree with you.

Clearly this was a decision made by the upper executives of Sony and they did it in Tokyo. They want the situation to go away.

Keep in mind, about a month ago somebody phoned a bomb threat in on the plane that was carrying one of their chief executives. Sony has been at target for a little while now.

I just think that it sets a dangerous precedent with a state sponsored collective of cyber terrorists threatening to do God knows what if you don't Bow down to their demands…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom