The Spirited Back Nine ...

the.dreamfinder

I'm surprised the Sony hacking hasn't generated discussion here. I'm assuming discussions to sell or loan Spiderman back to TWDC would have leaked if those reports over the last few months were true.
I would guess at some point we will hear about that soon. There were terabytes worth a data dumped onto Dropbox/Pastebin, so there will lots more to talk about beyond Spidey!

Here are some links to one of the more important stories coming out of the leaks.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-r...t-dont-compare-your-salary-to-his-106598.html

But seriously, I hope those employees who have had their SSNs out in the open sue the crap out of Sony for their recklessness.

Last edited:

TalkingHead

the.dreamfinder

I think its more hilarious that they are trying to blame North Korea for that kind of hacking.
Still, the main target was movies that were unreleased. who the hell keeps screener ISOS available on servers with online access?

Sony has to have the most incompetent IT team in story to suffer such consecutive hackings one after another (right perhaps on the level of Target and Homedepot)
Speaking of Sony's incompetence...
http://fusion.net/story/31469/sony-pictures-hack-was-a-long-time-coming-say-former-employees/
“Sony’s ‘information security’ team is a complete joke,” one former employee tells us. “We’d report security violations to them and our repeated reports were ignored. For example, one of our Central European website managers hired a company to run a contest, put it up on the TV network’s website and was collecting personally identifying information without encrypting it. A hack of our file server about a year ago turned out to be another employee in Europe who left himself logged into the network (and our file server) in a cafe.”

The information security team is a relatively tiny one. On a company roster in the leaked files that lists nearly 7,000 employees at Sony Pictures Entertainment, there are just 11 people assigned to a top-heavy information security team. Three information security analysts are overseen by three managers, three directors, one executive director and one senior-vice president.

Another former employee says the company did risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities but then failed to act on advice that came out of them. “The real problem lies in the fact that there was no real investment in or real understanding of what information security is,” said the former employee. One issue made evident by the leak is that sensitive files on the Sony Pictures network were not encrypted internally or password-protected.

Sony Pictures has said little about its security failures since the hack, but seven years ago, its information security director was very chatty about “good-enough security.” Back in 2007, Jason Spaltro, then the executive director of information security at Sony Pictures Entertainment, was shockingly cavalier about security in an interview with CIO Magazine. He said it was a “valid business decision to accept the risk” of a security breach, and that he wouldn’t invest $10 million to avoid a possible $1 million loss. He seemed not to consider the costs of a breach that are harder to immediately calculate, such as the blow to a company’s reputation, the loss of trust among employees, or the possibility that James Franco might be upset that the world now knows he gets paid $6,000 to drive himself to movie sets. The current debacle is Sony’s second major headline-making breach; in 2011, hackers got access to data for millions of Playstation users.

Spaltro told the magazine a little tale: The year before, in 2006, an auditor told him that Sony’s employees were using terrible passwords — nouns rather than random combinations of letters, numbers and symbols. Spaltro bragged that he convinced the auditor that it wasn’t a big deal. He’d said he’d rather have employees using terrible passwords than their writing them down on Post-it notes attached to their screens. Sure, valid point, but ideally the head of infosec could offer up a better solution than, “Let them keep using their terrible passwords.”

Seven years later, Spaltro is still overseeing data security. Now senior vice president of information security, his salary is over $300,000 this year according to one of the leaked salary documents — and will get bumped over $400,000 if he gets his bonus. It’s unclear if a massive hack and complete failure of security is a bonus-breaker.

Kman101

The complaints are totally valid but she wasn't exactly talking from her own experience with the bands. I see her points though. Not at all off base. And those comments? Oh my is all I have to say.

bhg469

And the comments to the article are why we can't have nice things. The Walmart crowd rising to the defense of poor ol' Iger Kingdom.
Ugh, it's Making my eyes bleed. The article completely accurate and the people commenting on it seem to have no clue. As if there is something wrong with an adult wanting to be as entertained as her kids are on vacation? I've used this example many tims. You see a refrigerator box and kids see the greatest toy ever made. Disney world is slightly better than a refrigerator box to them.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This is funny. It reads like a run-down of the complains on this forum from the past three years:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris...r-i-did-not-enjoy-disney-world_b_6261760.html

Complaints about Magic Bands, pre-planning, stressful vacation...

Classic Line from article

I'll leave you with this interesting tidbit. Last week my 4-year-old was playing with my iPhone when he stumbled upon Siri. He mumbled something nonsensical like, "Piggy knots and monty foo," and she responded, "I'll look into it."

Then he asked her, "What do you know about Fast Passes?"

She responded, "I'd rather not say."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom