The Spirited Back Nine ...

Mike S

Here's more thoughts on Epcot. First Gran Fiesta Tour. Same old same old. Really not the best but also not terrible. I do really like the beginning.
image.jpg

Next, Maelstrom. I really miss it and I'm sad it's gone. I know it wasn't the best but I liked it. I stood in the Norway pavilion in front of the old entrance to the ride for a few good minutes. Good bye, old friend.
image.jpg

The American Adventure is still a great show with great AA's and is now officially the last of its kind in World Showcase unless you count the movies.
image.jpg

I caught the new band in the UK pavilion and really liked the show. Very good fit unlike the Lumberjacks.
image.jpg

After that I went on Living with the Land. AA's still very broken in the rainforest since my last trip. One croc was moving its mouth now though so that was fixed :rolleyes: Also one bird was moving his head and the same croc was still bobbing out of the water like last time. This ride could really use a refurb. When I went in the greenhouse the jets stopped working too and we were stuck for a few minutes. Not too long.
image.jpg

I went on UoE again and the center screen in the preshow wasn't working. It was working on my last ride before.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I also saw British Revolution and got a nice pic of Spaceship Earth after riding Test Track.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Now I'm heading back to the hotel for a while to relax before going to Magic Kingdom. Might get Pizza.

misterID

i am 50 years old and got goose pimples when the millenium falcon appeared to the swell of the SW theme..

good golly:cool:
I geeked out at seeing the Storm Troopers and the sith in the black cloak. The Falcon pushed it over the edge. I expected nothing and got totally sucked into the excitement.

I like the fact that each film will have a new director with its own look. I'm a big Looper fan so the second really interests me.

Edited because of apples iPad's stupid auto correct that makes you look like a moron.

Last edited:

stevehousse

Here's more thoughts on Epcot. First Gran Fiesta Tour. Same old same old. Really not the best but also not terrible. I do really like the beginning.
View attachment 75280
Next, Maelstrom. I really miss it and I'm sad it's gone. I know it wasn't the best but I liked it. I stood in the Norway pavilion in front of the old entrance to the ride for a few good minutes. Good bye, old friend.
View attachment 75281
The American Adventure is still a great show with great AA's and is now officially the last of its kind in World Showcase unless you count the movies.
View attachment 75282
I caught the new band in the UK pavilion and really liked the show. Very good fit unlike the Lumberjacks.
View attachment 75283
After that I went on Living with the Land. AA's still very broken in the rainforest since my last trip. One croc was moving its mouth now though so that was fixed :rolleyes: Also one bird was moving his head and the same croc was still bobbing out of the water like last time. This ride could really use a refurb. When I went in the greenhouse the jets stopped working too and we were stuck for a few minutes. Not too long.
View attachment 75285
I went on UoE again and the center screen in the preshow wasn't working. It was working on my last ride before.
View attachment 75286
View attachment 75287
I also saw British Revolution and got a nice pic of Spaceship Earth after riding Test Track.
View attachment 75292View attachment 75293
Now I'm heading back to the hotel for a while to relax before going to Magic Kingdom. Might get Pizza.
Love the posts but shouldn't you have your own trip report thread for it?
Agreed. Understanding it was just a teaser, I was still hoping for something with a WOW factor. The...

silly lightsaber

didn't cut it.

It looked ghetto! Lol

Mike S

Love the posts but shouldn't you have your own trip report thread for it?
Well, my first post did address something discussed some time ago in this thread with Weasley still not moving his arm in Diagon Alley. I guess I continued because I thought with the thread going so slow people might want to hear my thoughts on my current trip, which is actually the last one on my current AP. It expires Sunday. If you guys really want me to make a separate thread I could.

Goofyernmost

Well, my first post did address something discussed some time ago in this thread with Weasley still not moving his arm in Diagon Alley. I guess I continued because I thought with the thread going so slow people might want to hear my thoughts on my current trip, which is actually the last one on my current AP. It expires Sunday. If you guys really want me to make a separate thread I could.
I suppose, technically speaking, you should have it separate, but, this particular thread has gotten so "blah" that this is one of the more interesting things in it. There is just so many times any of us can say the same thing over and over.:joyfull:

stevehousse

Wasn't complaining just thought it was odd...

Cesar R M

With the sole exception of that droid, i'm really not reminded of the prequel trilogy at all. Then again there's not a whole lot reminding me of the originals either. This could bode either well or not so well, but something different isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not until we see more of it anyways. There's not a whole lot to go on here to come to some sort of opinion either way for me.

What tiny little footage from the new actors didn't make me roll my eyes at least, i'm surprised to see that they didn't include any footage from the original actors. I really like the flying shot at 44 seconds in, and i'm curious to see and know more about the new baddie. The lightsaber beam both looks and sounds considerably different from the traditional ones.

There was one thing I was very worried about, JJ's shaky camera style often associated with his movies. I enjoyed the Star Trek movies but detested this element about them. And unfortunately at least half of the scenes shown have this problem. I'm excited for the movie but I am not looking forward to seeing a large chunk of the movie in shaky cam.

I will say though that I never expected this trailer to be great. They aren't going to let loose all the awesome stuff for the first teaser (this barely counts as a trailer). This is actually a bit more footage than I expected from such an early trailer.
Sadly, the shaky camera is very "in" on action movies now, thanks to our dear Michael Bay adding it to every of his films.
Even his protegee (TMNT 2014) used it extensively.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I geeked out at seeing the Storm Troopers and the sith in the black cloak. The Falcon pushed it over the edge. I expected nothing and got totally sucked into the excitement.

I like the fact that each film will have a new director with its own look. I'm a big Looper fan so the second really interests me.

Edited because of apples iPad's stupid auto correct that makes you look like a moron.

Last time I edited because of autocorrect I also used the term "moron" but autocorrect struck again and changed it to mormon.

I give up. My cell is far worse than the iPad...I have to fix every word before hitting send or my text looks like a foreign language. PhotoDave syndrome, or something.

Ducking technology.

StageFrenzy

Last time I edited because of autocorrect I also used the term "moron" but autocorrect struck again and changed it to mormon.

I give up. My cell is far worse than the iPad...I have to fix every word before hitting send or my text looks like a foreign language. PhotoDave syndrome, or something.

Ducking technology.
The best are dirty AutoCorrect's. Especially if you are sending them to your parents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom