The Spirited Back Nine ...

Mike S

Here's my thoughts on tonight at the Magic Kingdom. Some people really have no class. Who leaves trash in the Haunted Mansion load area? smh. Also when will the wallpaper in the stretching room be fixed? I was in the room on the right.
image.jpg

The rest of the ride is kept in pretty good condition as far as I can tell. I wonder why this has been ignored for months. How much could it really cost to fix wallpaper? Hall of Presidents is looking great as always. The Country Bear Jamboree looks good too. Space Mountain, sigh. Why did they have to cheap out half way through the last refurb and not give us that new track? You really can feel and hear how old the ride is. One can only hope it's dealt with eventually. I also rode Little Mermaid and noticed that King Triton's castle is now painted on the wall before the Under the Sea room. That hasn't always been there has it? I know it was one of the things added to DCA's version in their big refurb which I can't wait for us to get. I'm getting tired of all the exposed stuff in the Under the Sea room. It's a Small World can also benefit greatly from a good refurb. That was my night, tomorrow is Epcot. My first time going there since Maelstrom closed so I'll be wearing my Maelstrom shirt. I'll probably spend a little time in the Norway pavilion but I'll try my best to have it not ruin my day.

Progress.City

I wonder if we will get an episode 7 plot synopsis tomorrow
There will be good guys and bad guys. The rumor I keep hearing is that the....

...Emporer did not die in RotJ. We never saw him actually die but we assumed he died because he fell with all that lightning around him. If he did happen to survive, he apparently was rescued, "repaired" Darth Vader style, and set a new course in putting his Empire back together. Forty years later, he's back and meaner than ever!

So, that's what I've heard. Sounds plausible but may be utter fan banther...

Progress.City

I just saw an ultra bootlegged version of the trailer (filmed from someone's phone in a theater).

Not at all what I expected. There's a lot going on here. Looks like they put a lot into it. It looks like it could get bogged down by the complexities of trying to put too many story elements that one can easily get lost or confused.

Then again, that's just my reaction to the trailer. Maybe it only seems that way because they are trying to tease an entire movie into a very short trailer.

Here's the link...

Progress.City

Sorry for the multiple posts in a row, but I have an after thought I want to add...

Based on the real trailer, it looks like the new convention will be that the movies will start with the LucasFilm logo. No Disney or Bad Robot logo. If the movies continue with this new convention, we will see the LucasFilm logo first, followed by "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." Cut to: Title Screen and opening roll. It's simple and elevates the LucasFilm brand as the actual studio.

Someone here had predicted this a while ago... Well, kudos to that someone for being right!

MerlinTheGoat

I just saw an ultra bootlegged version of the trailer (filmed from someone's phone in a theater).

Not at all what I expected. There's a lot going on here. Looks like they put a lot into it. It looks like it could get bogged down by the complexities of trying to put too many story elements that one can easily get lost or confused.

Then again, that's just my reaction to the trailer. Maybe it only seems that way because they are trying to tease an entire movie into a very short trailer.

Here's the link...

That trailer is fake. It's just stock footage of the original and prequel trilogies (including a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi with Luke constructing his new green lightsaber), and the other half are cutscenes from Bioware's The Old Republic and Force Unleashed video games. Games which are now confirmed to have been stricken from Star Wars canon (along with basically anything released prior to now outside of the existing 6 movies, Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows). They wouldn't use obviously fake game-quality CGI clips in a live action movie trailer in the first place.

Last edited:

bhg469

That trailer is fake. It's just stock footage of the original and prequel trilogies (including a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi with Luke constructing his new green lightsaber), and the other half are cutscenes from Bioware's The Old Republic and Force Unleashed video games. Games which are now confirmed to have been stricken from Star Wars canon (along with basically anything released prior to now outside of the existing 6 movies, Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows). They wouldn't use obviously fake game-quality CGI clips in a live action movie trailer in the first place.
Those tv shows are garbage, I wish they would have thrown them off but when Lucas has his hand that far in them it's impossible. Some of the games were amazing plot lines. It's a real shame.

Progress.City

Oh, good job in spotting all that!

Today we will see the real one! Post here the link to whomever sees it first!

bhg469

There will be good guys and bad guys. The rumor I keep hearing is that the....

...Emporer did not die in RotJ. We never saw him actually die but we assumed he died because he fell with all that lightning around him. If he did happen to survive, he apparently was rescued, "repaired" Darth Vader style, and set a new course in putting his Empire back together. Forty years later, he's back and meaner than ever!

So, that's what I've heard. Sounds plausible but may be utter fan banther...

I've heard from a friend that workwd with the camera crew that went over seas that there will actually be 2 separate storis and will involve our heros in search of their luke, and also the poverty of a storm trooper that somehow gains his own conscious. [/SPOILERS]

Progress.City

I've heard from a friend that workwd with the camera crew that went over seas that there will actually be 2 separate storis and will involve our heros in search of their luke, and also the poverty of a storm trooper that somehow gains his own conscious. [/SPOILERS]
That sounds like subplots, not the main plotlinr of the trilogy.

ProfSavage

Here's the link...

Now I really want to see the real thing! Saw a very convincing fake the other day

Progress.City

Idk, seeing the trailer for the new movie by Ridley Scott about Exodus, I'm starting to think he would have been a better choice as director. In the Exodus trailer, you can see the thousands of individual soldiers of the ancient Egyptian army and the whole lost world of that ancient civilization. Yes, it's the special effects people who made those details work, but the director imagines each scene with its completed special effects and tells the actors and camera crew what to do according to that vision. Since these effects are added after shooting the actual movie footage, the director needs to have 20/20 vision on what the final product will look like to be able to direct it perfectly. Ridley Scott demonstates he can do just that. In the Star Wars Universe, like with the Exodus movie, there are new worlds that need to be created in CG and whole armies with thousands of individual CG soldiers.

Figments Friend

We did that when I was in high school. We also ate massive amounts of leftover popcorn out of giant garbage bags after the masses left. There was an official reason for the after hours showing. It was to make sure the film wasn't broke. There were usually one or two places where it had to be spliced together. I was a lowly concessionist so I would just eat food while this work was being done. Many may find this hard to believe, but I got in trouble for being smart with customers on more than one occasion.

Mmmm...stale concession stand popcorn.....

( insert Homer Simpson 'drool sound' here )

:hungry:

Soarin' Over Pgh

Thanks, @Mike S !!

As usual the MK looks packed and AK looks empty. Nice shots there, though, the tree looks good. I'm hoping the light it with those itty bitty twinkle lights for the night show....and switch up the light colors for some depth. I'm sure they will do it.

Are the cars still banging together on the people mover?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom