The Spirited Back Nine ...

PhotoDave219

Hang on a minute- was it the guest's idea to celebrate being first in the garage or Disney's? Because as much criticism as Disney receives for the pace of park expansion, this seems like a lot of innocent fun. Disney employs full time people who's job it is to find little things to celebrate and make guests' stays seem unique and "magical" and this seems like just such an occasion. I think everyone is glad that the long traffic and parking nightmare at Downtown Disney is almost over, so why not celebrate it a little? At any rate, this looks like the work of one, maybe two employees tops, maybe even parking staff who don't normally get to do something silly like this.

It doesn't matter.

I guess you could consider this the straw that breaks the camels back. It's no longer one specific thing rather than a portfolio of behaviors.

This signifies nothing more than just a milestone in construction. I'm sure there's a whole laundry list of other unintended consequences that will pop up as a result of this.

lazyboy97o

It doesn't matter.

I guess you could consider this the straw that breaks the camels back. It's no longer one specific thing rather than a portfolio of behaviors.

This signifies nothing more than just a milestone in construction. I'm sure there's a whole laundry list of other unintended consequences that will pop up as a result of this.
Behaviors you can't credit and therefore cannot place together for a proper judgement. There is nothing unusual about noting the first person to utilize a facility, even when looking beyond Disney.

Kman101

I have only heard one person say that TSPL is all we are getting. That is a straw man argument. We know we are getting more. That in no way makes TSPL worthy of a top $$$$ destination resort.
I would be impressed with TSPL if Knott's Berry Farm or Carowinds built it. It reminds me a lot of Knott's Camp Snoopy. NOT having Carowinds quality offerings IS "The Disney Difference".

*I'm* not saying TSPL is all we're getting. I'm actually OK with it because I have hope we're getting more than that. It's those that seem to want to believe that IS all we're getting without anything confirmed. That's all I was saying in regards to TSPL.

Cesar R M

One could say they have a Schrodinges rat problem... ZING!!!
that pun..
M4LM9w3.gif

Bairstow

Oh hey, looks like after trying to rip his style for some of their recent live-action fantasy films, Disney's doing an adaptation of Brian Froud's Goblins book. It'd be great if they decided to go to the Jim Henson Creature Shop for effects to make this a true spiritual successor to Dark Crystal/Labyrinth.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/goblins-disney-peter-segal-get-smart-direct-1201289349/

Hey, I remember having that book as a kid.
As I recall, there's no actual plot to speak of, is there?

phooka-brian-froud.jpg

Figments Friend

So I'm starting to think every person apart from me gets asked those things. How have I managed to avoid it in hundreds of visits, I wonder? I've been asked a couple of times at Universal.

I just thought, I do tend to wear Disney T-shirts, especially retro WDW ones, so maybe that marks me out as a fanboy and not a noob worth interviewing? I don't think I'm *that* unfriendly looking! Ah well.

Well it can't be that my friend, as i also tend to wear Disney-related t-shirts and i still manage to be asked to take surveys.

Which is why i am still trying to figure out why i keep getting mistaken for a Cast Member.
Must be the black pants...and matching shoes. Oh, and the 'Tony Baxter Fan Club' pinback button.

:D

Figments Friend

Have a link to it? I don't remember it.

( regarding Tony Baxter's EPIC Resignation Letter..)

I will do one better...and just share it here in it's entirety.

Something like this should be re-read many times.

( Edit - Ah...i see fordexplorer has already done so....! Thanks, mate. )

Nothing to see here kids...move along...move along...these are not the Droids you are looking for....

Last edited:

BrianLo

And yet TDL is building a PROPER Frozen attraction, Which WDW COULD of had IF they were willing to PAY for it and could have been the weenie which NFL so desperately needs. Yet TDO chose a cheap-n-nasty retheme of EPCOT's 4'th' most popular ride after TT ,Soarin and M:S. TDL is getting a BUNCH of new attractions, SDL is getting Marvel. What is WDW getting besides more price increases and DVC conversions.

How do you KNOW that I do not have inside knowledge?. The fact is you don't.

Everything I talk about here comes from SEC filings, TWDC press releases and analyst reports, not to mention EARNINGS CALLS, Being a TWDC stockholder I actually READ the annual report.

Slight quibble with the two posts above, no attractions have actually been confirmed by TDL, just ambiguous artwork and a promise of a new Port. We aren't even sure if the net gain in TDL will be more or... actually less than what Magic Kingdom got. Nor has the "real Frozen attraction" been confirmed either. DHS is basically in the same boat at the moment, without ambiguous artwork and a publicized budget.

I see no reason to accept the insiders claims for TDL as fact and ignore their claims for DHS as fiction.

Also this is the first I've heard of Marvel at SDL... Do you mean Ironman at HKDL or am I missing something?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Slight quibble with the two posts above, no attractions have actually been confirmed by TDL, just ambiguous artwork and a promise of a new Port. We aren't even sure if the net gain in TDL will be more or... actually less than what Magic Kingdom got. Nor has the "real Frozen attraction" been confirmed either. DHS is basically in the same boat at the moment, without ambiguous artwork and a publicized budget.

Also this is the first I've heard of Marvel at SDL... Do you mean Ironman at HKDL or am I missing something?

Sorry Ironman at HKDL

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
*I'm* not saying TSPL is all we're getting. I'm actually OK with it because I have hope we're getting more than that. It's those that seem to want to believe that IS all we're getting without anything confirmed. That's all I was saying in regards to TSPL.

I also hope we get MORE than TSPL, It's just with TDO they have a track record of doing as little as possible, So I read the tea leaves in hopes of finding shareable tidbits which might give SOME indication of Disney's plan.

I don't read much into the DHS demolition work because Disney has always been fast to demo stuff with the notable exception of River Country.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I also hope we get MORE than TSPL, It's just with TDO they have a track record of doing as little as possible, So I read the tea leaves in hopes of finding shareable tidbits which might give SOME indication of Disney's plan.

I don't read much into the DHS demolition work because Disney has always been fast to demo stuff with the notable exception of River Country.
DHS refurb will be more than TSPL. I'm sure whatever it is won't be "good enough" to make some people here happy, but it will be more than TSPL.

BrerJon

I think others need to voice their concerns and show their concern with the wallets. I don't blame Disney for not putting a ton of $$$ into the parks. If attendance continues to climb, why bother? Change will happen when the bottom line starts feeling the impact.

It's often been said that voting with your wallet doesn't make a difference in WDW because Disney doesn't care if people never come back because there's always ten new guests for every disgruntled one - that's why they can double, triple prices and no-one minds, because there's always someone who can pay it.

However there do seem to be more and more people like yourself, and myself, who are consciously not planning on visiting again in the near future until they clean things up and start making it value for money again, and I wonder if enough people start to do that then maybe - while probably not enough to make anything change - it may at least give the suits pause for thought over a few things.

Last edited:

Kman101

Yeah, I'm not sure what would make EVERYONE happy. Believe me, I put aside my own personal wants for the parks but I think sometimes it clouds how people view newer additions and possible future additions. It's not what they *want* or think they want. Doesn't make it awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom