The Spirited Back Nine ...

Kman101

It's often been said that voting with your wallet doesn't make a difference in WDW because Disney doesn't care if people never come back because there's always ten new guests for every disgruntled one - that's why they can double, triple prices and no-one minds, because there's always someone who can pay it.

However there do seem to be more and more people like yourself, and myself, who are consciously not planning on visiting again in the near future until they clean things up and start making it value for money again, and I wonder if enough people start to do that then maybe - while not enough to make anything change - may at least give the suits pause for thought over a few things.

Agreed. My money is likely going to Anaheim next year for Disneyland's 60th, and hopefully a couple of Disney parks overseas in 2015/2016. I'll head back to WDW in 2017. And I live in Florida.

BrerJon

My wife and I have been going to Disney most of our lives (we're both form Florida, live in GA now) and our kids (DS 4yr) & (DD 6yr) have been going for the last 3 years in a row. After this last visit in Sept of this year we told ourselves we are going to skip Disney until things get a little better around there. The cost of going to Disney has skyrocketed to such an extreme at this point, my kids of course still love it. My wife and I are Utterly disappointed in NFL and and while we all enjoyed 7DMT we ALL agree it was way to short and with so much construction going on and things closing and terrible state Epcot is in. We decided we wont return to Disney until at least 2017 when we start to see some of the new Attractions up and running.

I think your point about the cost sky-rocketing is the main issue. If prices hadn't gone up, or had even been reduced, nobody would mind the parks being stagnant because they would still be value for money. But in the last year or two it seems to me the price of a quick service meal has gone up $5, hotels by over $100 a night, table service meals by a good $10-20 and park tickets by an exhorbitant amount, all well above inflation.

Wages haven't gone up at the same rate, so it takes longer than ever to save for a Disney vacation, which should give more people thought as to whether they're getting the same bang for their buck that they used to.

To me they're just not a worthwhile way to spend money anymore, and across the board prices should be about 1/3 cheaper to change that.

asianway

Slight quibble with the two posts above, no attractions have actually been confirmed by TDL, just ambiguous artwork and a promise of a new Port. We aren't even sure if the net gain in TDL will be more or... actually less than what Magic Kingdom got. Nor has the "real Frozen attraction" been confirmed either. DHS is basically in the same boat at the moment, without ambiguous artwork and a publicized budget.

I see no reason to accept the insiders claims for TDL as fact and ignore their claims for DHS as fiction.

Also this is the first I've heard of Marvel at SDL... Do you mean Ironman at HKDL or am I missing something?
Wins blind pixie duster post of the day

BrerJon

My main gripe with Dreamworks is.. they depend way too much on using big names for their voicework. Ridiculous.

That's Disney's fault. In the olden days they just got the best animation voiceover artists to voice characters, but then Robin Williams got such praise for the Genie that - in typical suit style - the execs felt it was that aspect alone that made Aladdin a hit, and most subsequent animated films suddenly started to have 'star talent' big names doing the voices.

lazyboy97o

That's Disney's fault. In the olden days they just got the best animation voiceover artists to voice characters, but then Robin Williams got such praise for the Genie that - in typical suit style - the execs felt it was that aspect alone that made Aladdin a hit, and most subsequent animated films suddenly started to have 'star talent' big names doing the voices.
Well in both cases it is the same suit, Katzenberg.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yeah, I'm not sure what would make EVERYONE happy. Believe me, I put aside my own personal wants for the parks but I think sometimes it clouds how people view newer additions and possible future additions. It's not what they *want* or think they want. Doesn't make it awful.

If WDW had a steady supply of new small stuff, I think most of us would be happy DL and the parks in the rest of the world get a everchanging variety of new small stuff to enjoy, Would I LIKE a new e-ticket every year H--- yes but it never did happen and never will. Instead WDW feeds us a diet of cuts and thats why most of us are so disgruntled with the product.

BrerJon

If WDW had a steady supply of new small stuff, I think most of us would be happy DL and the parks in the rest of the world get a everchanging variety of new small stuff to enjoy, Would I LIKE a new e-ticket every year H--- yes but it never did happen and never will. Instead WDW feeds us a diet of cuts and thats why most of us are so disgruntled with the product.

It sometimes feels like Disneyland gives two new things for every one thing they take away, whereas WDW gives one new thing for every two things they take away.

BrianLo

Wins blind pixie duster post of the day

Hmm, what? I don't think you got caught the undertones of my post... I was being facetious. A demonstration of cherry picking the details and scrutinizing the unknown.

I absolutely think the TDL plans are (and will be) top notch/everything we expect them to be. Including a mega Frozen attraction. But TWDC hasn't actually "confirmed" that yet, it still doesn't make it more or less true.

I'm flattered though, I'm not even sure what I'd be a blind pixie duster for... I've been to about every Disney park and Universal park except WDW recently...

But I guess that's the secret to being a true pixie duster, not even going to the Parks. :D

matt9112

It's often been said that voting with your wallet doesn't make a difference in WDW because Disney doesn't care if people never come back because there's always ten new guests for every disgruntled one - that's why they can double, triple prices and no-one minds, because there's always someone who can pay it.

However there do seem to be more and more people like yourself, and myself, who are consciously not planning on visiting again in the near future until they clean things up and start making it value for money again, and I wonder if enough people start to do that then maybe - while probably not enough to make anything change - it may at least give the suits pause for thought over a few things.

To sum all of this up two words...blue ocean.

Disneyhead'71

However there do seem to be more and more people like yourself, and myself, who are consciously not planning on visiting again in the near future until they clean things up and start making it value for money again, and I wonder if enough people start to do that then maybe - while probably not enough to make anything change - it may at least give the suits pause for thought over a few things.
I realized a while ago that me not giving my money to Disney won't make a difference to Disney. What I also realized is me not giving my money to Disney makes a difference to me.

Disney is gonna do what Disney is gonna do. Take it or leave it.

misterID

[

Erm, Optimism for future WDW rides - the ONLY things that have been greenlit are Pandora (under construction), and 3rd track for TSMM, Strongly rumored TSPL. But THATS IT kids till 2017.

Yes there is talk of a 1+ billion dollar plus budget for DHS, If and it's a BIG IF 3rd track for TSMM and TSPL which will be 100-200 Million for both keep DHS numbers at today's levels - well the rest of that budget is going to vanish like the morning dew.
I am, and have been, optimistic about Pandora. The fact we are getting an expansion at DHS when a lot of us thought there wouldn't be one makes me really optimistic. Is there anything confirmed? No. But that doesn't mean anything at this point, not only do we have a vague idea of what's being considered, at least hinted at, and there is a possibility that it is a letdown, but right now any optimism in regards to WDW is good.

Animaniac93-98

21st Annual TEA Thea award recipients. Diagon Alley got recognition, but so did Bistrot Chez Remy (where I had lunch on Saturday):

B2vv3ZNIAAAIifu.jpg:large

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom