The Spirited Back Nine ...

DisDan

I had a long talk with Disney customer service the other day. I don't know what good it will do but my wife and I felt we needed to make our concerns heard. To his credit, he listened too all our concerns - all things they have heard from others and that I and others have vented here repeatedly (My Magic +, lack of new attractions, decline in quality and service, etc.). He assured me that these problems are being looked at. I told him we weren't going to WDW in 2015 (the first year we've skipped in easily a decade) but that long-term I was hopeful WDW would be awesome again - especially given all the rumors of new attractions. He thanked me for my optimism. I laughed and said I had long-term optimism, but short-term pessimism.

I think others need to voice their concerns and show their concern with the wallets. I don't blame Disney for not putting a ton of $$$ into the parks. If attendance continues to climb, why bother? Change will happen when the bottom line starts feeling the impact.

My wife and I have been going to Disney most of our lives (we're both form Florida, live in GA now) and our kids (DS 4yr) & (DD 6yr) have been going for the last 3 years in a row. After this last visit in Sept of this year we told ourselves we are going to skip Disney until things get a little better around there. The cost of going to Disney has skyrocketed to such an extreme at this point, my kids of course still love it. My wife and I are Utterly disappointed in NFL and and while we all enjoyed 7DMT we ALL agree it was way to short and with so much construction going on and things closing and terrible state Epcot is in. We decided we wont return to Disney until at least 2017 when we start to see some of the new Attractions up and running.

twebber55

My wife and I have been going to Disney most of our lives (we're both form Florida, live in GA now) and our kids (DS 4yr) & (DD 6yr) have been going for the last 3 years in a row. After this last visit in Sept of this year we told ourselves we are going to skip Disney until things get a little better around there. The cost of going to Disney has skyrocketed to such an extreme at this point, my kids of course still love it. My wife and I are Utterly disappointed in NFL and and while we all enjoyed 7DMT we ALL agree it was way to short and with so much construction going on and things closing and terrible state Epcot is in. We decided we wont return to Disney until at least 2017 when we start to see some of the new Attractions up and running.
we re doing a combined disney universal trip this coming summer ( only because my nephew is singing at DTD and we got a great group rate on tickets, and because i want to see DA) and then we wont go back until DAK is finished

Rodan75

I don't think that has anything to do with the DWA side of that transaction, Hasbro was just awarded huge contracts by TWDC to be strategic partners in virtually all of their toy initiatives. That was a huge exclusive to win and Hasbro was essentially leveraging their future revenue streams from Disney to make them a competitor to Disney. I think we can refer to that as the Samsung Effect. I don't blame them for wanting to avoid that, shooting down Katzenburg was an added benefit.

Although it does re-raise the potential for a Disney-Hasbro tie-up at some point. Hasbro wants more control over their IP and Hasbro needs the Disney IP. Hasbro needs Disney more than Disney needs Hasbro though. And you have to wonder if Ike wants to get back in the toy business.

Rodan75

Thing must be really bad when a DWA exec anonymously pens a "why you shouldn't buy us" letter to a prospective buyer.

My personal opinion, there is financial mischief going on at DWA. There is no way that DWA movies are costing them as much to make as they are stating, if they are, they are being irresponsible with their cash. Look at the DWA costs and then look at each movie, most of the movies cost similar $$ but range wildly in animation quality. (Peabody vs The Croods is an excellent example)

CDavid

I had a long talk with Disney customer service the other day. I don't know what good it will do but my wife and I felt we needed to make our concerns heard. To his credit, he listened too all our concerns - all things they have heard from others and that I and others have vented here repeatedly (My Magic +, lack of new attractions, decline in quality and service, etc.). He assured me that these problems are being looked at. I told him we weren't going to WDW in 2015 (the first year we've skipped in easily a decade) but that long-term I was hopeful WDW would be awesome again - especially given all the rumors of new attractions. He thanked me for my optimism. I laughed and said I had long-term optimism, but short-term pessimism.

I think others need to voice their concerns and show their concern with the wallets. I don't blame Disney for not putting a ton of $$$ into the parks. If attendance continues to climb, why bother? Change will happen when the bottom line starts feeling the impact.

I applaud you for taking the time to voice your concerns to Disney. If more people would just take a stand and not be so apathetic, many things in this country would be different.

let me add there are many people here who continuously rip disney but when you look at their signature they have multiple trips every year...they re a big part of the problem...to me if you re going to rip them dont go

More guests voting with their wallets would be ideal. However, the simple fact we are on this forum suggests Walt Disney World is something in which we have a serious, probably long-time interest and most of us aren't ready or willing to completely abandon a WDW or central Florida vacation. In fact, that eventuality is more likely a tipping point that Disney dare not reach.

You can certainly have valid concerns with the policies and direction of an institution such as The Walt Disney Company without totally giving up on the place. More guests need to make their concerns and complaints known when Disney fails to meet expectations or uphold its own standards. As more guests - though they continue to come to Walt Disney World - curtail spending (to offset price increases) by staying and eating offsite, visit other Orlando area attractions, and cut back on shopping (both a lack of compelling merchandise and watching their budget) the declining financial numbers will hopefully speak for themselves.

But we need to make our opinions and concerns known, and most people don't, and certainly not effectively.

ssidiouss@mac.c

To whoever mentioned above about breaking points.. I kind of hit one of my own. Some of the recent decisions at DisneyWorld (the breaking point being chainsaws at epcot) led to me test out staying at Universal on my last vacation..

I stayed at Universal for the first time ever and wound up having an absolute blast at Diagon Alley. Cabana Bay Resort was also much better than my beloved Pop Century and also was better than any moderate that Disney has to offer.. the place just blew me away.

Universal is just doing things right at the moment.. the small details like offering resort cups that says Cabana Bay and not just Universal Parks made it feel special like old disney to me. What I mean is, while disney seems to have really went too far into cost-cutting the shopping experiences to the point where its boring and bland.. Universal is going in the complete opposite direction.. your wands come in boxes that say Olivanders on them.. all the Diagon Alley stores each offer their own unique clothing, merchandise, candies etc.

The amazing time I had at Diagon Alley really is a game changer for my future disney trips. Theres just no way I can justify wasting time in MGM or Animal Kingdom when Diagon Alley is sitting there not too far away. Grabbing a wand and dressing up a bit in your fav potter themed outfit is a blast.. casting spells.. grabbing some butterbeer (my new fav addiction).. not to mention the rides.. its all an amazing escape from reality and puts Universal as a repeat must-do during my future vacations.

I love magic kingdom and will always hit that park the most.. but with chainsaws lowering the amount of time i'll spend in Epcot (ruined ambiance) and Diagon Alley being better than MGM/Animal Kingdom.. i'll definitely find time to hit Universal a few times during my next vacation in Feb.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
To whoever mentioned above about breaking points.. I kind of hit one of my own. Some of the recent decisions at DisneyWorld (the breaking point being chainsaws at epcot) led to me test out staying at Universal on my last vacation..

I stayed at Universal for the first time ever and wound up having an absolute blast at Diagon Alley. Cabana Bay Resort was also much better than my beloved Pop Century and also was better than any moderate that Disney has to offer.. the place just blew me away.

Universal is just doing things right at the moment.. the small details like offering resort cups that says Cabana Bay and not just Universal Parks made it feel special like old disney to me. What I mean is, while disney seems to have really went too far into cost-cutting the shopping experiences to the point where its boring and bland.. Universal is going in the complete opposite direction.. your wands come in boxes that say Olivanders in them.. all the Diagon Alley stores each offer their own unique clothing, merchandise, candies etc.

The amazing time I had at Diagon Alley really is a game changer for my future disney trips. Theres just no way I can justify wasting time in MGM or Animal Kingdom when Diagon Alley is sitting there not too far away. Grabbing a wand and dressing up a bit in your fav potter themed outfit is a blast.. casting spells.. grabbing some butterbeer (my new fav addiction).. not to mention the rides.. its all an amazing escape from reality and puts Universal as a repeat must-do during my future vacations.

I love magic kingdom and will always hit that park the most.. but with chainsaws lowering the amount of time i'll spend in Epcot (ruined ambiance) and Diagon Alley being better than MGM/Animal Kingdom.. i'll definitely find time to hit Universal a few times during my next vacation in Feb.

THIS - The key point is the DETAILS make the difference, And DIsney is removing details as fast as they can, I don't visit Disney Parks - I visit Walt Disney World.

I'm drinking morning coffee at office out of a white and blue 2007 free refill mug which is of far higher quality than recent ones and it still has ALL it's paint after hundreds of trips through the dishwasher.

PhotoDave219

wow, I can't believe you guys are not talking about the greatest thing in WDW since it opened. The newest E ticket attraction.
The parking garage of course! :p
B240cswIgAEWC7m.jpg
B240csvIcAAt0LE.jpg
B240csvIEAAz4nT.jpg

On a side note, wasn't it said that these would have the light indicators if a spot was available or not?

Check, please.

It's time to really examine The mental stability and health of people were celebrating a mother loving parking garage.

It's not normal behavior. Even a deviant such as myself can't find the words to describe how ever that is.

I have found a breaking point and this is it. I cannot rationalize nor process the mentality of why people need to be the first ones inside a parking garage. Are you homeless? Do you need a place to live? Then yes, I can understand why you would be excited to have a corner to sleep in. Other than that? This is not cause for celebration beyond "oh thank God, I can park in downtown Disney again"

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Nemo14

Check, please.

It's time to really examine The mental stability and health of people were celebrating a mother loving parking garage.

It's not normal behavior. Even a deviant such as myself can't find the words to describe how ever that is.

I have found a breaking point and this is it. I cannot rationalize nor process the mentality of why people need to be the first ones inside a parking garage. Are you homeless? Do you need a place to live? Then yes, I can understand why you would be excited to have a corner to sleep in. Other than that? This is not cause for celebration beyond "oh thank God, I can park in downtown Disney again"

But it's magical...(and no Frozen overlay...yet...)

twebber55

I applaud you for taking the time to voice your concerns to Disney. If more people would just take a stand and not be so apathetic, many things in this country would be different.

More guests voting with their wallets would be ideal. However, the simple fact we are on this forum suggests Walt Disney World is something in which we have a serious, probably long-time interest and most of us aren't ready or willing to completely abandon a WDW or central Florida vacation. In fact, that eventuality is more likely a tipping point that Disney dare not reach.

You can certainly have valid concerns with the policies and direction of an institution such as The Walt Disney Company without totally giving up on the place. More guests need to make their concerns and complaints known when Disney fails to meet expectations or uphold its own standards. As more guests - though they continue to come to Walt Disney World - curtail spending (to offset price increases) by staying and eating offsite, visit other Orlando area attractions, and cut back on shopping (both a lack of compelling merchandise and watching their budget) the declining financial numbers will hopefully speak for themselves.

But we need to make our opinions and concerns known, and most people don't, and certainly not effectively.
good points and i agree
however there are those that constantly bash with never anything positive to say who still go 3 times a year
critiquing and given honest opinions are great and i believe we should continue, thats why i love this site for the lack of bias towards the brand be it disney or universal

bhg469

good points and i agree
however there are those that constantly bash with never anything positive to say who still go 3 times a year
critiquing and given honest opinions are great and i believe we should continue, thats why i love this site for the lack of bias towards the brand be it disney or universal

It is pretty sad that they are so addicted to the experience, they don't realize the experience isnt good anymore.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Check, please.

Hey, It's the first NEW thing at WDW for a long time, The drought has been so long at least Disney fans have SOMETHING new to experience even if it's as prosaic as a parking structure.

Points for Hitchikers guide reference

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom