The Spirited Back Nine ...

peter11435

Look WDW is run by the numbers, If TSPL + TSMM track 3 does the trick and keeps gate at expected levels than that is all WDW will get at DHS
You state your opinions as facts far too often. People who don't know any better will start to believe that you have some inside knowledge of the company when in reality you are just a disgruntled customer. You insult others optimism but your persistent pessimism is annoying and tiresome.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You state your opinions as facts far too often. People who don't know any better will start to believe that you have some inside knowledge of the company when in reality you are just a disgruntled customer. You insult others optimism but your persistent pessimism is annoying and tiresome.

And yet my persistent pessimism seems to mirror the actual ground truth at WDW, I'll change my point of view when TDO starts giving me a reason to. As right now all we have is CUTS and 3 new attractions (Pandora Boat Ride + Pandora Soarin 2.0 and TSMM 3rd Track, scheduled to open by 2017 with a strong possibility of a 4'th TSPL to replace capacity lost by closing BLT and other attractions at DHS.

I'd recommend the last TWDC earnings call where increases in P&R margins were due to Price Increases, Operational Efficiencies (aka CUTS) and CAPEX reductions. I don't see anything about organic growth due to new attractions or experiences or anything about BUILDING new attractions other than whats already authorized.

And yet TDL is building a PROPER Frozen attraction, Which WDW COULD of had IF they were willing to PAY for it and could have been the weenie which NFL so desperately needs. Yet TDO chose a cheap-n-nasty retheme of EPCOT's 4'th' most popular ride after TT ,Soarin and M:S. TDL is getting a BUNCH of new attractions, SDL is getting Marvel. What is WDW getting besides more price increases and DVC conversions.

Look at my sig - it sums up my worldview. There is nothing WRONG with dreaming but it's not to be confused with reality as too many fanboi's do in these forums.

PrincessNelly_NJ

wow, I can't believe you guys are not talking about the greatest thing in WDW since it opened. The newest E ticket attraction.
The parking garage of course! :p
B240cswIgAEWC7m.jpg
B240csvIcAAt0LE.jpg
B240csvIEAAz4nT.jpg

On a side note, wasn't it said that these would have the light indicators if a spot was available or not?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

How do you KNOW that I do not have inside knowledge?. The fact is you don't.

Everything I talk about here comes from SEC filings, TWDC press releases and analyst reports, not to mention EARNINGS CALLS, Being a TWDC stockholder I actually READ the annual report.

All this information is out there for analysis and to draw your own conclusions plus visiting the parks on both coasts 3-6 times per year.

And yes I AM a disgruntled customer I have 800+ DVC points and the decline in quality and service I think about every time I pay my membership fees because when I bought the points the standards for quality and service at WDW were FAR higher than today's WDW.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
wow, I can't believe you guys are not talking about the greatest thing in WDW since it opened. The newest E ticket attraction.
B240cswIgAEWC7m.jpg
B240csvIcAAt0LE.jpg
B240csvIEAAz4nT.jpg

On a side note, wasn't it said that these would have the light indicators if a spot was available or not?

Cool - Congratulations!

I like the high ceilings this garage looks far better than the usual concrete cavern!

pax_65

I had a long talk with Disney customer service the other day. I don't know what good it will do but my wife and I felt we needed to make our concerns heard. To his credit, he listened too all our concerns - all things they have heard from others and that I and others have vented here repeatedly (My Magic +, lack of new attractions, decline in quality and service, etc.). He assured me that these problems are being looked at. I told him we weren't going to WDW in 2015 (the first year we've skipped in easily a decade) but that long-term I was hopeful WDW would be awesome again - especially given all the rumors of new attractions. He thanked me for my optimism. I laughed and said I had long-term optimism, but short-term pessimism.

I think others need to voice their concerns and show their concern with the wallets. I don't blame Disney for not putting a ton of $$$ into the parks. If attendance continues to climb, why bother? Change will happen when the bottom line starts feeling the impact.

twebber55

I had a long talk with Disney customer service the other day. I don't know what good it will do but my wife and I felt we needed to make our concerns heard. To his credit, he listened too all our concerns - all things they have heard from others and that I and others have vented here repeatedly (My Magic +, lack of new attractions, decline in quality and service, etc.). He assured me that these problems are being looked at. I told him we weren't going to WDW in 2015 (the first year we've skipped in easily a decade) but that long-term I was hopeful WDW would be awesome again - especially given all the rumors of new attractions. He thanked me for my optimism. I laughed and said I had long-term optimism, but short-term pessimism.

I think others need to voice their concerns and show their concern with the wallets. I don't blame Disney for not putting a ton of $$$ into the parks. If attendance continues to climb, why bother? Change will happen when the bottom line starts feeling the impact.
thanks
i agree...the way to confront this is complain with our voice and not go back with our wallets

PhotoDave219

I have only heard one person say that TSPL is all we are getting. That is a straw man argument. We know we are getting more. That in no way makes TSPL worthy of a top $$$$ destination resort.
I would be impressed with TSPL if Knott's Berry Farm or Carowinds built it. It reminds me a lot of Knott's Camp Snoopy. NOT having Carowinds quality offerings IS "The Disney Difference".

No specifics have leaked out yet. Either things are tight lipped or theyre still trying to figure out exactly what they want to do.... beyond have a meeting that is.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Precisely, Disney IS a business and right now their E-team is dominated by finance types who believe and have stated in multiple earnings calls that they believe the Orlando theme park business is a 'mature no-growth' line of business and as such they will only authorize minimal re-investment of profits.

Now Uni and that Megacoaster on I-4 seem to not agree, Keeping $$$ away from Disney might actually have the opposite effect and trigger further reductions in P&R investment.

Right now the best hope for a WDW resurgence is UNI increasing gate by huge amounts and IF UNI exceeds gate for say AK/DHS for 12-18 months that will probably force the guys in Orlando/Burbank to reassess their Orlando strategy.

Remember Iger shopped the US parks to Sheikh Alaweed back in 2007 or so based on that P&R is for sale if the buyer has enough CASH., The best possible outcome would probably be for the US P&R operation to be sold to OLC who really ENJOYS running Disney parks to the standards of the early Eisner/Wells era.

peter11435

How do you KNOW that I do not have inside knowledge?. The fact is you don't.

Everything I talk about here comes from SEC filings, TWDC press releases and analyst reports, not to mention EARNINGS CALLS, Being a TWDC stockholder I actually READ the annual report.

All this information is out there for analysis and to draw your own conclusions plus visiting the parks on both coasts 3-6 times per year.

And yes I AM a disgruntled customer I have 800+ DVC points and the decline in quality and service I think about every time I pay my membership fees because when I bought the points the standards for quality and service at WDW were FAR higher than today's WDW.

Because you don't have inside information. Reading publicly available releases is not inside information and yes I too have read all of those.

bhg469

The problem is, for every person that has reached the breaking point, there is a dozen blogging soccer moms who need to take caiden aiden and braiden to meet elsa and insist to all the people they work with that wdw is better than ever.

Last edited:

Mike C

No specifics have leaked out yet. Either things are tight lipped or theyre still trying to figure out exactly what they want to do.... beyond have a meeting that is.

Based on Hyperion Warf, I'd bet the latter. I could see them keeping things at DHS closed longer than necessary to reduce costs while claiming something "new" is coming. (Which it will if you consider extending an existing ride new) Legitimately new stuff will come, eventually.

twebber55

The problem is, for every person that has reached the or breaking point, there is a dozen blogging soccer moms who need to take caiden aiden and braiden to meet elsa and insist to all the people they work with that wdw is better than ever.
let me add there are many people here who continuously rip disney but when you look at their signature they have multiple trips every year...they re a big part of the problem...to me if you re going to rip them dont go

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Because you don't have inside information. Reading publicly available releases is not inside information and yes I too have read all of those.

You have a Schrodingers Cat problem, You don't know IF I have inside information.

From my POV IF I had inside information I would not share it on a public forum to protect those who gave it to me unless I had specific authorization in writing to release it.

bhg469

B240cswIgAEWC7m.jpg
B240csvIcAAt0LE.jpg
B240csvIEAAz4nT.jpg

My twitter is blowing up with blazzard information, I must have missed this. It must be a lifestyler.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The problem is, for every person that has reached the or breaking point, there is a dozen blogging soccer moms who need to take caiden aiden and braiden to meet elsa and insist to all the people they work with that wdw is better than ever.

Ah yup - that indeed IS the crux of the matter.

bhg469

Ah yup - that indeed IS the crux of the matter.
Peoples expectations really have dropped very low, to the point where they may actually be impressed by what is going on. I had a thought the other day about Diagon Alley. Maybe it really isnt that impressive, maybe they are just picking up where progress should have been in the early 2000's . Perhaps if Disney didn't start slipping, maybe Diagon alley would have a brick wall that opened and effects that would rival any top notch Vegas magic act.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom