The Spirited Back Nine ...

lazyboy97o

It looks like a serious gauntlet has been thrown by Six Flags. They're upping the ante by a lot more than a couple of animatronic figures. Looks like an entire new ride system and experience for just an 'amusement park'.

Pending the results of this experiment, it could lead to a whole new advertising campaign: 'Why travel to Florida when you can experience this at your nearest Six Flags!?'

"New Interactive Six Flags Dark Ride Showcased at IAAPA EXPO
pr_newswire_logo.gif
Six Flags Unveils DC Comics Super Hero State-of-the-Art Attraction
November 18, 2014: 12:00 PM ET
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), the world's largest regional theme park company, through a partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment —unveils a behind-the-scenes look at new components of the 4D interactive dark ride experience named JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS 4D. The thrilling new rides are headed to Six Flags St. Louis and Six Flags Over Texas in 2015.

"An enormous amount of detail and creativity has gone into producing what will be one of the most exciting and immersive dark rides experiences in the industry," said Tom Iven, senior vice president of U.S. park operations for Six Flags.

Guests will be part of the action as they fight alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, THE FLASH and the rest of the JUSTICE LEAGUE team, to stop Lex Luthor and The Joker from their diabolical plan to take control of Metropolis. Aided by the cybernetic Super Hero known as CYBORG, guests will be recruited to join the JUSTICE LEAGUE reserve team and trained to use high-tech laser blasters in preparation for anything the Super-Villains have in store for them. Traveling in six-passenger vehicles, riders take to the streets and take aim against The Joker, Lex Luthor, and his relentless robot army, in the thrilling BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS!

The multi-degrees-of-freedom motion-based ride vehicles were created by Oceaneering and are equipped with six interactive laser blasters per vehicle to help guests find the JUSTICE LEAGUE and free them from their captors. Complete with 4D effects of simulating fire, cannon blasts, and explosions, JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is the ultimate dark ride adventure.

"By incorporating the dynamic ride system created by Oceaneering, along with the massive 3D screens, interactive game play, and highly detailed scenery by Sally Corp., we can achieve the next generation of interactive thrills," said John Wood, CEO of Sally Corporation, the industry leader in dark rides and creator of the lifelike animatronic Super Heroes.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS will feature custom-designed, state-of-the-art animatronics. The Joker's lifelike movements and menacing cackle will haunt riders as he sits atop his chaos-creating cannon spreading mayhem throughout the streets of Metropolis. The four-minute journey incorporates a wide array of special effects including five huge interactive 3D screens, incredible hi-definition animation and a dramatic musical score.

Six Flags is still keeping broader details about the ride experience under wraps, but Iven said park guests can look forward to a completely new experience with JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS as it is "the very first motion-based, interactive dark ride in North America"
Sounds similar to the ride system in use at The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Transformers: The Ride 3-D, both of which were done by Oceaneering.

StageFrenzy

It looks like a serious gauntlet has been thrown by Six Flags. They're upping the ante by a lot more than a couple of animatronic figures. Looks like an entire new ride system and experience for just an 'amusement park'.

Pending the results of this experiment, it could lead to a whole new advertising campaign: 'Why travel to Florida when you can experience this at your nearest Six Flags!?'

"New Interactive Six Flags Dark Ride Showcased at IAAPA EXPO
pr_newswire_logo.gif
Six Flags Unveils DC Comics Super Hero State-of-the-Art Attraction
November 18, 2014: 12:00 PM ET
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), the world's largest regional theme park company, through a partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment —unveils a behind-the-scenes look at new components of the 4D interactive dark ride experience named JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS 4D. The thrilling new rides are headed to Six Flags St. Louis and Six Flags Over Texas in 2015.

"An enormous amount of detail and creativity has gone into producing what will be one of the most exciting and immersive dark rides experiences in the industry," said Tom Iven, senior vice president of U.S. park operations for Six Flags.

Guests will be part of the action as they fight alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, THE FLASH and the rest of the JUSTICE LEAGUE team, to stop Lex Luthor and The Joker from their diabolical plan to take control of Metropolis. Aided by the cybernetic Super Hero known as CYBORG, guests will be recruited to join the JUSTICE LEAGUE reserve team and trained to use high-tech laser blasters in preparation for anything the Super-Villains have in store for them. Traveling in six-passenger vehicles, riders take to the streets and take aim against The Joker, Lex Luthor, and his relentless robot army, in the thrilling BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS!

The multi-degrees-of-freedom motion-based ride vehicles were created by Oceaneering and are equipped with six interactive laser blasters per vehicle to help guests find the JUSTICE LEAGUE and free them from their captors. Complete with 4D effects of simulating fire, cannon blasts, and explosions, JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is the ultimate dark ride adventure.

"By incorporating the dynamic ride system created by Oceaneering, along with the massive 3D screens, interactive game play, and highly detailed scenery by Sally Corp., we can achieve the next generation of interactive thrills," said John Wood, CEO of Sally Corporation, the industry leader in dark rides and creator of the lifelike animatronic Super Heroes.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS will feature custom-designed, state-of-the-art animatronics. The Joker's lifelike movements and menacing cackle will haunt riders as he sits atop his chaos-creating cannon spreading mayhem throughout the streets of Metropolis. The four-minute journey incorporates a wide array of special effects including five huge interactive 3D screens, incredible hi-definition animation and a dramatic musical score.

Six Flags is still keeping broader details about the ride experience under wraps, but Iven said park guests can look forward to a completely new experience with JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS as it is "the very first motion-based, interactive dark ride in North America"
I am done with shooter rides.

Rodan75

Probably - TWDC has no use for creatives anymore, easier just to buy a 'name brand' milk it throw it away and buy another.

You may have crossed into the opposite of pixie dusting. Not everything is negative. This is a good move to solidify the future of both studios. Who would have thought 5-6 years ago that they would really keep Pixar and DFA separate.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You may have crossed into the opposite of pixie dusting. Not everything is negative. This is a good move to solidify the future of both studios. Who would have thought 5-6 years ago that they would really keep Pixar and DFA separate.
I'm a reformed pixie duster, and TWDCs disdain for creatives is well known, I think tony baxters epic rant a few months ago summed it up nicely.

the.dreamfinder

I think this is more about preparing the studios for Catmull-less future. His role in the wage fixing scandal, for which he could go to jail, and his age, he'll be seventy next year, are the main drivers of this announcement.

Goofyernmost

OK maybe they do go for couples I guess. Certainly I've *never* seen them approach a single traveler though. When I've been in the parks on my own I always go right past them hoping I'll be asked, but they're completely disinterested.

I'm sure they just assume anyone on their own is a Cast Member, but it would be nice to be asked once in a while. I bet if I was pushing a stroller I'd be mobbed by them.

I do feel sorry for those Cast Members. It must be depressing to know your job is utterly worthless, and any data you gather is purely going to be twisted by accountants to justify closing attractions or other cuts which could mean other Cast Members lose their jobs because of it.
Sorry, but I have been asked to and have filled out a survey. And I am an old, retired, solo traveler.

ThemeParkJunkee

I was asked on my recent trip to participate in surveys twice (middle aged couple, no kids along). They also asked if I would participate in a more in-depth survey later via email and I agreed. We were also asked to participate at Universal Studios and I received a detailed survey via email from them re: Halloween Horror Nights in addition to the general US/IOA survey I took.

I do believe they are looking for a cross-section of guest types. I also don't think CMs or TMs have any idea that their information may be ignored in the grand scheme of things. Survey takers were cheerful and genuinely interested in their duties. They were often funny and engaging as well. I suspect they did this type of work for that reason.

PhotoDave219

I've seen them do that. The other thing they really seem to do is try to look for specific people, e.g. families who look a bit clueless. I've never seen anyone on their own be asked a survey, or any couples, or college age people... it's always the first-timers who don't know any better and are full of the joys of WDW who they get the feedback to their loaded questions from.

I used to do that role. I know how it all works. No other guest was around and he was clearly faking the data. I'm gonna get in touch with some people about it

englanddg

One Little Spark...
OK maybe they do go for couples I guess. Certainly I've *never* seen them approach a single traveler though. When I've been in the parks on my own I always go right past them hoping I'll be asked, but they're completely disinterested.

I'm sure they just assume anyone on their own is a Cast Member, but it would be nice to be asked once in a while. I bet if I was pushing a stroller I'd be mobbed by them.

I do feel sorry for those Cast Members. It must be depressing to know your job is utterly worthless, and any data you gather is purely going to be twisted by accountants to justify closing attractions or other cuts which could mean other Cast Members lose their jobs because of it.
I got approached...once...

It's cause they noticed I had a magicband. They were sitting there waiting to pounce on those of us staying one or so nights in Contemporary before going to DCL.

I didn't mind answering the questions, but it was hard to answer them all fairly.

For example, they lumped the website (which at the time was wonky as heck) in with the app (which worked pretty well)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom