The Spirited Back Nine ...

TalkingHead

Interesting that the lightbulb's post originally said "70 passenger motion simulator" before being edited to "motion simulator."

Anyone know the capacity of Twister? I would think it's more than 70.

I also am surprised if it has a motion element if the Jimmy Fallon rumors are true.

TeriofTerror

Link and Sell me on it.
It's a 12 episode story arc by Sarah K from "This American Life" regarding the 1999 murder of 18 year old Hae Min Lee of Baltimore, and the subsequent conviction of her 17 year old ex-boyfriend Adnan Syed of the crime. The prosecution's crappy case is exceeded only by the gawd-awfulness of the defense attorney's performance.

TalkingHead

I know I've mentioned this to Spirit before, but some of the Citywalk restaurant hours are a joke. We were there on a Saturday, left the park, and walked over to Cowfish to try it out.

Only Cowfish isn't open for lunch -- seems strange to say the least. It's right in the heart of Citywalk. People have to walk past it to get to either park. Emeril's was serving lunch; Red Oven Pizza was serving lunch. But Cowfish and Vivo (and Antojitos, further off the beaten path) were all closed for lunch.

Universal should press to have those other Citywalk places open for lunch. Especially on the weekend.

ThemeParkJunkee

I know I've mentioned this to Spirit before, but some of the Citywalk restaurant hours are a joke. We were there on a Saturday, left the park, and walked over to Cowfish to try it out.

Only Cowfish isn't open for lunch -- seems strange to say the least. It's right in the heart of Citywalk. People have to walk past it to get to either park. Emeril's was serving lunch; Red Oven Pizza was serving lunch. But Cowfish and Vivo (and Antojitos, further off the beaten path) were all closed for lunch.

Universal should press to have those other Citywalk places open for lunch. Especially on the weekend.

The exact same thing happened to me. I thought there must be a special event or something until I realized all three were closed. Never did get to try them over 4 days.

BrerJon

My other observation of the day involves the Disney research cast member at the end of test track sitting there filling out a survey. Not interviewing guests but clearly faking the Data.

I've seen them do that. The other thing they really seem to do is try to look for specific people, e.g. families who look a bit clueless. I've never seen anyone on their own be asked a survey, or any couples, or college age people... it's always the first-timers who don't know any better and are full of the joys of WDW who they get the feedback to their loaded questions from.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've seen them do that. The other thing they really seem to do is try to look for specific people, e.g. families who look a bit clueless. I've never seen anyone on their own be asked a survey, or any couples, or college age people... it's always the first-timers who don't know any better and are full of the joys of WDW who they get the feedback to their loaded questions from.

Whenever DW and I visit the 'Disney Research' people make a beeline for us.

fillerup

These might be your observations, but wife and I are usually surveyed 2 or 3 times a year on our dozens of visits. And that's with me having a look of indifference or possibly even a scowl on my face.

BrerJon

These might be your observations, but wife and I are usually surveyed 2 or 3 times a year on our dozens of visits. And that's with me having a look of indifference or possibly even a scowl on my face.

OK maybe they do go for couples I guess. Certainly I've *never* seen them approach a single traveler though. When I've been in the parks on my own I always go right past them hoping I'll be asked, but they're completely disinterested.

I'm sure they just assume anyone on their own is a Cast Member, but it would be nice to be asked once in a while. I bet if I was pushing a stroller I'd be mobbed by them.

I do feel sorry for those Cast Members. It must be depressing to know your job is utterly worthless, and any data you gather is purely going to be twisted by accountants to justify closing attractions or other cuts which could mean other Cast Members lose their jobs because of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom