The Spirited Back Nine ...

the.dreamfinder

So how about Olaf Mountain?
image.jpg

Credit: @hamjenkinsIII via Andy Castro

Magenta Panther

No this is Crony Capitalism or as John Stossel sums it 'C--pitalism', Although I'm pretty sure that the dynamic duo of 'Staggs-n-Rasulo' are trying to grease the skids for a Lasseter/Catmull 'forced exit' as it would remove two top contenders for the top slot when Iger steps down.

Okay. Kinda interesting that at least two very liberal people were practicing it, then. I guess what it all boils down to is this, politics are politics, but everybody speaks the same language when it comes to money.

Smiddimizer

First big viral page for Jurassic World is up for the Masrani Corporation that now owns In-Gen. Just gonna link the section about the park. Apparently they've been running almost ten years with no incident and from the news section, they're working on harvesting Mammoth DNA in SIberia so expect Ice Age stuff in the sequel.

http://www.masraniglobal.com/about/divisions/jurassicworld/index.html
Ridiculously awesome. I'm getting so excited for this movie. Been watching Jurassic Park for as long as I can remember. Still one of my favorite movies :)

I don't mean to sound overly nostalgic, but..if they don't consult Jim Henson Creature Shop for this thing, I'mma be ed.Realistic looking dinosaurs is what makes these movies, it'll be a shame if they go completely digital. Hopefully they're looking at what Abrams is doing and nodding their heads very slowly...

Mike S

I don't mean to sound overly nostalgic, but..if they don't consult Jim Henson Creature Shop for this thing, I'mma be ****ed.Realistic looking dinosaurs is what makes these movies, it'll be a shame if they go completely digital. Hopefully they're looking at what Abrams is doing and nodding their heads very slowly...
Yes, yes, a MILLION times YES!!!!! The T-Rex scene from the first movie still holds up extremely well today simply because of how amazing that animatronic(?) was. Does anyone know if that thing is still around or did they disassemble it after the movie was done?

stevehousse

I don't mean to sound overly nostalgic, but..if they don't consult Jim Henson Creature Shop for this thing, I'mma be ****ed.Realistic looking dinosaurs is what makes these movies, it'll be a shame if they go completely digital. Hopefully they're looking at what Abrams is doing and nodding their heads very slowly...
Um Jim Hensons work shop never worked on any of the Jurassic park movies...it was Stan Winston's company that made those dinosaurs and I believe it's his company that was used for all the films including the new one.

BrerJon

Trevorrow's a massive Jurassic Park fanboy who seems to really understand the charms of the original, and Tippett Studios are working on the film effects - Stan Winston is no longer with us sadly, but it does seem Trevorrow wants it to take as much as possible from the originals so I think the chances of some practical effects are high.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

They're using Stan Winston's animatronics firm for the physical dinosaurs like they always have.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm inclined to agree with you. Further, as it was not commonplace just a decade ago for darn near every guest of the park to smartphone taking pictures and videos as they are today. So, who are we to say more rats are present now than before? I've never seen one myself. I did see a big ol' snake out near the Wilderness Lodge though, but that's just a case of humans encroaching on their territory, imho.

In 30 years of visiting WDW I have NEVER seen a RAT until recently, And being a photographer I always have A camera of some sort within arms reach pretty much going anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom