The Spirited 11th Hour ...

Disneyhead'71

Spirited Musings (For the first time in 2016! ... Call all the Lifestylers!!! Someone let Dr. Blondie know!):

This one ain't going to make all the UNI Wand Wavers happy, but it IS reality. Recently, UNI has been surveying a select group of customers with the entire topic being MAGIC bands and MM+ at WDW. Now, we can all pretend they are curious as to what people like or dislike about being "part of the band" or we can look at this for what it is: UNI's great braintrust is considering implementing a similar system.

They are. Because when you are Disney you can do things that are as ridiculous as the spend on NGE and because of your size and share of the market, others (especially the No. 2) will pay attention to what you are doing.

UNI is very interested, btw, in whether you'd pay for the bands.

Not to be outdone, but WDW has been surveying APers for different reasons. Apparently, they have been hit hard by people not renewing APs following the recent restructuring of the program (with requisite insane price increases) and they want to know why. Possible responses even include honest reasons like "Disney costs too much" and "Disney is greedy" and "Not enough benefits" and "Not enough new things to see" ... not sure what the end game is, but this survey I did respond to. Yeah, I think the servers burned up with my answers.

Well, Flamingo Crossing Phase I is completed ... only nine years or so later ... and if you believe two of Marriott's budget suite brands to be of import then you are so happy for the genius of Bob Iger. I don't. And I am not.

Still waiting for the O-Sentinel or OBJ or O-Town TV, or even this site to report that the Buena Vista Palace was purchased by Hilton last fall and that Hilton is in the midst of a huge renovation and connecting of the resort to the existing Hilton at DD by that wonderful Disney constructed pedestrian bridge. In effect, Hilton will own the entrance to the new Disney Springs and with its Bonnet Creek resorts be the No. 2 hotel company (behind Disney) on property.

Saw The Hateful Eight. Liked it more than Star Wars. Not quite sure it was as good as The Peanuts Movie, though.

Speaking of films, the new live action version of The Jungle Book doesn't look good. It looks really, really good.

With the delay of Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters (is that the name?), I'm starting to wonder whether Disney will hold off and have a large media blogger whorefest to make a big summer deal of that opening, the new Soarin film and the Frozen musical because summer is when all those DL Star Wars construction closings are going to hit and hit hard.

I know there has been reporting about the new restructuring of what amounts to middle management at the WDW theme parks. From what I have been told, the idea is a solid one, but that the implementation as well as the manpower simply isn't there to make it successful. I am not sure, but here's the new MK management structure under MK VP (and future WDW king) Danny 'Lee's Boy' Cockerell:

These are the new roles with the individual's history with WDW and former position listed:

Frontierland GM, Steve Schreiber 15+

GM All Star Resorts;

GM Main Street and Arrivals, Tim Sypko 20+

GM MK Park Operations;

Entertainment GM, Rachel Quinn 15+

GM MK Entertainment;

Engineering GM, Don Weschler 30+

Dir MK Engineering Services;

Adventureland Liberty Square GM, Ann Williams 35+

GM Studios F&B;

Fantasyland GM, Donald Brannon 20+

GM MK Merchandise;

Tomorrowland GM, Debbie Hart 20+

Dir Experience Services and Guest Communications.

I can't really comment on these individuals as most of them I have never crossed paths with. If any of you have experience with anyone here, please feel free to offer comments.

So, the EPCOT Spring Food and Wine Fest is running for three entire months (March, April, May). Not shocked. Are they offering a free day for the local blogging whores to come in and eat and drink for free?
@WDW1974 Rick, needs to pony up those feeder fees.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...ce=yahoo&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does anyone know how much Disney made off The Force Awakens? And I mean after paying the bills for making the movie, promotions, making the toys and so on. Just curious:) I know there are several people here good at the numbers. I ask this question because there will be people say Disney made all of their money back after this movie. It made great $$$ but they have a ways to go before they are in the black with buying LucasFilm.
They probably cleared well north of $1B on the movie alone, but the merchandise is where the real money is. I saw one analyst report that was projecting Star Wars merchandise sales of $5B this year alone. That's revenue not profits, but still a huge number. Cars sold about $10B worth of merchandise in its first 5 years of existence and given Star Wars wider appeal I could easily see Disney selling $20B worth of merchandise in the next decade as the new series of movies comes out. The merchandise sales will far exceed the box office gains especially if the movies continue to be hits. The theme park lands won't hurt merchandise sales either.

Mike S

They probably cleared well north of $1B on the movie alone, but the merchandise is where the real money is. I saw one analyst report that was projecting Star Wars merchandise sales of $5B this year alone. That's revenue not profits, but still a huge number. Cars sold about $10B worth of merchandise in its first 5 years of existence and given Star Wars wider appeal I could easily see Disney selling $20B worth of merchandise in the next decade as the new series of movies comes out. The merchandise sales will far exceed the box office gains especially if the movies continue to be hits. The theme park lands won't hurt merchandise sales either.
image.jpeg

Cesar R M

I'm going to plug @marni1971 's new video on The Great Movie Ride:

http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=829

It does a great job of detailing what is easily WDW's most underrated E-ticket. If only it got the same king of AA upgrade both SEE and PotC did.
Actually, seen it in person.. the ride looks really good.
I still want to punch ripley's animatronic face.. its the one that looks less similar to the actor/actress :hilarious:

Cesar R M

...20 billion...
koala_wtf.jpg

Cesar R M

hey @PhotoDave219
just returned from deadpool.

the movie was definitively hilarious, a very good combination of savage hack and slash, romantic bugaloo with dirty jokes left and right.

Love the tons of references as well.. and those cameos..
The intro was one of the best parts of the whole thing... :hilarious:

I'm still wondering why the weaponX program was building a ship that was VERY SIMILAR to the Captain America Winter Soldier's Shield carrier ships.. with a different design.

also LOVED SO MUCH how he mocked both Patrick Stewart and McAvoy as Prof X (and the low budged to add more xmen in the house lol) :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

bhg469

hey @PhotoDave219
just returned from deadpool.

the movie was definitively hilarious, a very good combination of savage hack and slash, romantic bugaloo with dirty jokes left and right.

Love the tons of references as well.. and those cameos..
The intro was one of the best parts of the whole thing... :hilarious:

I'm still wondering why the weaponX program was building a ship that was VERY SIMILAR to the Captain America Winter Soldier's Shield carrier ships.. with a different design.

also LOVED SO MUCH how he mocked both Patrick Stewart and McAvoy as Prof X (and the low budged to add more xmen in the house lol) :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Agreed. It was really funny, and I expected it for the most part but it exceeded my expectations. I can't wait for another.
I'm 99% convinced it was intended to be one of the heli carrives that crashed in winter soldier. It was being scrapped so it definitely was not as big in the huge turbines but the bridge looked spot on to me [/spoilers]

RSoxNo1

Agreed. It was really funny, and I expected it for the most part but it exceeded my expectations. I can't wait for another.
I'm 99% convinced it was intended to be one of the heli carrives that crashed in winter soldier. It was being scrapped so it definitely was not as big in the huge turbines but the bridge looked spot on to me [/spoilers]
My wife asked about this as well. I don't think it actually had a connection, but perhaps was inspired by it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom