The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Ok so Disney has released some models and when looking at them, I think they look fantastic. Lion King is probably my favorite with Monsters being 2nd and Tropical Americas being 3rd. Let’s talk about possible opening dates for some of these attractions and lands.

• Cars attractions: 2026-2027
  • Monsters Inc: 2027-2028
  • Lion King: 2028-2029
  • Villains: 2027-2028
  • Avatar: Don’t really have a time frame for this one.
  • Coco: 2027-2028
  • Avengers: 2025-2026
  • Tropical Americas: 2025-2026
  • Shanghai SpiderMan: Not enough details.
  • Hong Kong Spiderman: Not enough details.

Disney Dad 3000

Ok so Disney has released some models and when looking at them, I think they look fantastic. Lion King is probably my favorite with Monsters being 2nd and Tropical Americas being 3rd. Let’s talk about possible opening dates for some of these attractions and lands.

• Cars attractions: 2026-2027
  • Monsters Inc: 2027-2028
  • Lion King: 2028-2029
  • Villains: 2027-2028
  • Avatar: Don’t really have a time frame for this one.
  • Coco: 2027-2028
  • Avengers: 2025-2026
  • Tropical Americas: 2025-2026
  • Shanghai SpiderMan: Not enough details.
  • Hong Kong Spiderman: Not enough details.

Tropical Americas was 2027 I believe and I think that's going to be the first thing at WDW to open. Who knows though. If I had to spitball with my marketing and finance hat, I'd guess:

2027 Tropical Americas
2028 Monsters Inc
2029 Cars
2031 Villains (assuming it happens)

Regarding Monsters, if it's anywhere but Animation Courtyard it makes zero sense. Why they'd consider axing Muppets or RnRC is just bonkers to me if they are trying to help the park. That's a big if though I suppose.

cdunlap

IMHO, I've made the most insane AU Disneyland and it’s still a WIP! It's called Disneyland Ultima and it features, among other things, a very long description of a walkthrough/boat ride Haunted Mansion, new attractions in Fantasyland, a relocated Fantasmic in Fantasyland, The Country Bears in Critter Country alongside a Halloween overlay for them, and 5 GATES!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Ok so let’s see. We get Cars in Frontierland which can barley fit thematically with the rest of the land but on top of that we lose the Rivers of America AND Tom Sawyer’s island which is just a huge downgrade and makes me really against this idea. I’m fine with losing the Rivers of America but Tom Sawyer’s is just too far like come on Disney just move the land up and keep the Damn island, he!! if you want to cut down on costs more just build a damn bridge to the island. I don’t know I just hate that Disney can’t just expand the park footprint without taking stuff away.

AceAstro

Ok so let’s see. We get Cars in Frontierland which can barley fit thematically with the rest of the land but on top of that we lose the Rivers of America AND Tom Sawyer’s island which is just a huge downgrade and makes me really against this idea. I’m fine with losing the Rivers of America but Tom Sawyer’s is just too far like come on Disney just move the land up and keep the Damn island, he!! if you want to cut down on costs more just build a damn bridge to the island. I don’t know I just hate that Disney can’t just expand the park footprint without taking stuff away.
Villains is going behind the island so there’s no space. Currently the land consists of talking bears, Tom Sawyer (the Mississippi river), a Louisiana Bayou, and an old mining town. None of that outside of BTM fits the West theme for the land for a while now, it was more a theme that fit and worked in Disneyland that got copied over to Magic Kingdom. And truthfully, the theme of the Wild West of the 19th century still has a lot of racial undertones seen from the train that I’m glad will be removed and hopefully fully updated with this new land. Tom Sawyer’s Island takes up a massive amount of space in a packed park for a child play area. It’s getting replaced with a new child themed land with 2-3 attractions they can ride, themed dining, and shopping while opening up new paths to help ease congestion in Frontierland.

Sure losing the river/ TSI sucks, but if you never remove anything, there’s no space to ever add. Think of how many great attractions exist today only because old ones were closed and torn down.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Villains is going behind the island so there’s no space. Currently the land consists of talking bears, Tom Sawyer (the Mississippi river), a Louisiana Bayou, and an old mining town. None of that outside of BTM fits the West theme for the land for a while now, it was more a theme that fit and worked in Disneyland that got copied over to Magic Kingdom. And truthfully, the theme of the Wild West of the 19th century still has a lot of racial undertones seen from the train that I’m glad will be removed and hopefully fully updated with this new land. Tom Sawyer’s Island takes up a massive amount of space in a packed park for a child play area. It’s getting replaced with a new child themed land with 2-3 attractions they can ride, themed dining, and shopping while opening up new paths to help ease congestion in Frontierland.

Sure losing the river/ TSI sucks, but if you never remove anything, there’s no space to ever add. Think of how many great attractions exist today only because old ones were closed and torn down.
If we got rid of ROA excluding TSI and the water around it, that is still a massive amount of space that can fit cars and villains.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Honestly I think the Island has been doomed for a while purely because of how inaccessible the paths are. I don't think there's a single square foot of sidewalk on that island that is up to ADA standards or capable if handling more than the dozen guests the island gets in a day. And generally if one part of something gets updates beyond basic maintenence than the whole thing needs to be re-inspected and brought up to modern codes for accessibility and for safety.

If I'm right (which admittedly I could be off) then Disney was likely faced with the choice of either entirely redo the island, let it rot taking up half the park and remaining a lawsuit waiting to happen (I've literally found a loose hatchet in the fort before sitting on a bench), or tear it out and give us an entire new land plus easy access to 2-3 HUGE land sized expansion pads. Tom Sawyer was never long for the world in its current form

I'm just happy the Cars area, despite being Cars, seems focused on exploring a peaceful natural environment full of rock work and water features.

AceAstro

If we got rid of ROA excluding TSI and the water around it, that is still a massive amount of space that can fit cars and villains.
Respectfully, I don’t understand how that land would work. You would have a small circle around a relatively unthemed land (now that it’s list it’s island look) where it’s surrounded awkwardly by cars in a very weird fit (couldn’t have long straightaways on the ride it always has to be turning) and then villains in a weird fit. It was always going to be both closing in some regard.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I don’t know, I just feel like this will just mess up how Frontierland and Liberty Square looks. Haunted Mansion will just look out of place without a river next to it same with Thunder Mountain.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t know, I just feel like this will just mess up how Frontierland and Liberty Square looks. Haunted Mansion will just look out of place without a river next to it same with Thunder Mountain.
Unless I'm seeing it wrong, the stretch of river running from Thunder to roughly the start of Liberty Square still seems to be there in the concept art. Between that and the heavy focus of foliage, rock work, and water features a lot of my big worries seemed addressed

Haunted Mansion not being on the water will be a sad loss, but if they could take this opportunity to give us a better queue than those ugly eye sore canopies they've had for years I'll consider that a proper trade off

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Unless I'm seeing it wrong, the stretch of river running from Thunder to roughly the start of Liberty Square still seems to be there in the concept art. Between that and the heavy focus of foliage, rock work, and water features a lot of my big worries seemed addressed

Haunted Mansion not being on the water will be a sad loss, but if they could take this opportunity to give us a better queue than those ugly eye sore canopies they've had for years I'll consider that a proper trade off
It really is hard to tell because of the way that the concept art is positioned

PerGron

I’m going to miss finding alligators and venomous snakes on Tom Sawyer Island, but beyond that I kind of don’t care? It’s been dead space for a really long time and while Cars is a dumb choice imo, I’m not reeling at the loss of the area.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Also Pi, I think your write that there is a small water way for Thunder. The more I see the concept art the more I like the general layout.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Ok after calming down a little I see the logic. It makes sense. But cars is still a really dumb choice for an expansion.

Dumb is always dependent on execution. 🤣

I feel like some of these projects are a Pandora repeat. People won’t be a fan until they physically see the immersive environment and how it plays with everything else.

I may be wrong though - But I’m holding my opinion until I see the total area model.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I’M BACK!
IMG_3580.jpeg
IMG_3596.jpeg
IMG_3608.jpeg
IMG_3626.jpeg
IMG_3658.jpeg
IMG_3661.jpeg
IMG_3636.jpeg
IMG_3634.jpeg
IMG_3649.jpeg

(as seen in Mark Rober’s Carnival Scams short)
IMG_3637.jpeg

mini trip report

The mini trip was tons of fun! Santa Cruz Boardwalk exceeded my previous expectations, even when I was here 2 times before. I managed to get on four rides, the Giant Dipper, the Cave Train, the Bumper Cars, and the Typhoon for a whopping 8 DOLLARS, as three I rode for free (I only paid for Typhoon, and that was WILD in terms of being able to see the entire bay upside down for a few seconds before flipping over multiple times. I swear I screamed like never before because it was really scary). Cave Train is probably my new favorite dark ride, as it’s so packed with lore, detail, and a ton of animatronics that put jungle cruise to shame. It’s perfectly kooky and I rode it for free (the scanner was broken)!!! Giant Dipper was a blast, surprisingly smooth with multiple airtimes. Bumper Cars were meh but still fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom