The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

AceAstro

One enterance has a building that hasn't had anything for literal years, the other has a ride people actively want gone. Meanwhile, Disney is blowing up the river on the other side of the park.
Tomorrowland is difficult as by the time something is built and open, it's probably already the present, or the past and doesn't really represent the future.

That, on top of the fact that closing a full land isn't really easy in these crowds (and won't happen in Disneyland until after the 2028 Olympics), I totally believe that once Cars land is done in MK, it would be easier to close part of MK's Tomorrowland, while DLR's Tomorrowland probably closes in 2029 for a major overhaul.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
My guess is they’re waiting to see how Fantastic Four does at the box office before they do much Tomorrowland over there.
IMG_6861.png

THIS IS A THING THAT I WANT MORE THAN MOST OTHER THINGS

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I would like to point out that Disney keeps on ignoring the big a** elephant in the room. Tomorrowland has been ignored for 3 years for D23.
One of the insiders said that once Cars was opened something there would fill the niche of the speedway (which is still very very popular with kids) allowing them to finally close that in favor of a new Tomorrowland expansion

The people in the know seem pretty confident that Disney has big plans to make sure anything lost is properly replaced and that what's coming is gonna leave most very happy even if some stuff closing in the next few years are gonna sting

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
One of the insiders said that once Cars was opened something there would fill the niche of the speedway (which is still very very popular with kids) allowing them to finally close that in favor of a new Tomorrowland expansion

The people in the know seem pretty confident that Disney has big plans to make sure anything lost is properly replaced and that what's coming is gonna leave most very happy even if some stuff closing in the next few years are gonna sting
I welcome it.

I’ve finally kinda been able to just accept the fact that WDW is never going to be the way it was in the 90s ever again. So, as long as everything is fun and high quality, I’ll be happy. Even if I will always miss things like Horizons, etc.

JokersWild

Genuinely it’s wild that Rivers of America is getting filled, but the plans, other than the IP, look like a really cool modernization of the Frontierland concept. Certainly not one I’ve ever seen before.

It’s really sad, but I welcome it. Especially with Disneyland’s staying. Everyone acting like the Magic Kingdom is a monolith is crazy.

Outbound

That’s it, they’re gonna move the Rivers of America into Tomorrowland!

Disney Warrior

To be fair, one of the only good things about cars in magic kingdom is that (besides looking nice) the speedway will be removed (there’s enough room for a mini land there or for 1/2 new rides)
also imagine if we got a cars retheme of the speedway instead (would that be worse?)

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
To be fair, one of the only good things about cars in magic kingdom is that (besides looking nice) the speedway will be removed (there’s enough room for a mini land there or for 1/2 new rides)
also imagine if we got a cars retheme of the speedway instead (would that be worse?)
They could absolutely add a couple new rides on that plot of land.

cdunlap

Y’all, the teachers are my school are the nicest teachers I have had. God, my Spanish teacher literally came up to me today and told me that one of my strongest character traits is that I care about my peers (she can also make a huge variety of natural dyes including Maya Blue) and my history teacher is always open to hear class opinions about what we’re learning about!

cdunlap

My Spanish teacher showed us a documentary about the Maya during lunch today before teaching us about the natural dyes that ancient Mesoamerican civilizations used. (My grade has lunch in her room)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom