The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

Chaos Cat

Honestly, I'm less upset about TSI going away (like, I would prefer it stay, but I wouldn't chain myself to it) than I am about the loss of the Rivers of America. I mean, that is such an integeral part of Frontierland. You literally cannot do a Frontierland without a ROA. It's like trying to to do an Adventureland without a Jungle Cruise; it borders on blasphemy.

It doesn't help that this whole thing reminds me of how there's... kind of a double standard when it comes to the Florida parks. Like, when they were Galaxy's Edge was being added to Disneyland, they went out of their way to keep the ROA, rerouting it so GE could squeeze right in. Whereas here, they just causally took out the whole thing to make way for freakin' Cars, of all things. Similar thing happened with Runaway Railway. At Disneyland, they fit it into Toontown with surgical precision. Here? They threw out GMR without a care in the world. It's legit crazy that, despite WDW having "the blessing of size," Disney keeps finding ways to avoid actually expanding the Florida parks.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Dumb is always dependent on execution. 🤣

I feel like some of these projects are a Pandora repeat. People won’t be a fan until they physically see the immersive environment and how it plays with everything else.

I may be wrong though - But I’m holding my opinion until I see the total area model.
You know what I agree. What I mean is adding talking cars to a land that is about the westward expansion of the United States just seems weird.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Honestly, I'm less upset about TSI going away (like, I would prefer it stay, but I wouldn't chain myself to it) than I am about the loss of the Rivers of America. I mean, that is such an integeral part of Frontierland. You literally cannot do a Frontierland without a ROA. It's like trying to to do an Adventureland without a Jungle Cruise; it borders on blasphemy.

It doesn't help that this whole thing reminds me of how there's... kind of a double standard when it comes to the Florida parks. Like, when they were Galaxy's Edge was being added to Disneyland, they went out of their way to keep the ROA, rerouting it so GE could squeeze right in. Whereas here, they just causally took out the whole thing to make way for freakin' Cars, of all things. Similar thing happened with Runaway Railway. At Disneyland, they fit it into Toontown with surgical precision. Here? They threw out GMR without a care in the world. It's legit crazy that, despite WDW having "the blessing of size," Disney keeps finding ways to avoid actually expanding the Florida parks.
The concept art seems to keep small parts of the Rivers of America.
IMG_0651.jpeg

Also I believe I figured out the layout of the rally race from the art we got.
IMG_0651.jpeg

JokersWild

My biggest issue with the Cara expansion is that it’s isn’t Beyond Big Thunder - it’s more Beside Big Thunder.

As much as I love TSI (WDW’s is my favorite,) it doesn’t really have a place for reasons already explained here. I’m sad to lose HM’s place on the water, but Tokyo’s is also not on the water and it doesn’t lose too much atmosphere. I’m also pretty sure this Cars land is stealthily the high Sierra’s land I’ve been wanting for a really long time. As much as I’d prefer something original if they have to shoehorn IPs into everything at least the core ideas are still creative.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Ok so the general consensus seems to be while it sucks to lose TSI and ROA it makes sense why it would be demolished and replaced with new attractions but we wish the land itself is a different IP since it doesn’t fit in Frontierland at all.

Chaos Cat

My sis and I were talking about it and we came up with a good theory as to why they're doing such a drastic overhal of Frontierland: they're planning redoing Liberty Square as part of this and finally get rid of Hall of Presidents without it looking political. The reason it's Cars-based is because they were hoping that, with Biden and Trump in the running, they wouldn't have to worry about making a new figure for four years and could take their time brainstorming, but then Biden dropped up and Harris started leading in polls, so Disney when "screw it, just put Cars there, we're not doing this again."

Only big problem is that the Riverboat station is inexplicably still there in the concept art, but that could be just because they had to rush it out.

cdunlap

My sis and I were talking about it and we came up with a good theory as to why they're doing such a drastic overhal of Frontierland: they're planning redoing Liberty Square as part of this and finally get rid of Hall of Presidents without it looking political. The reason it's Cars-based is because they were hoping that, with Biden and Trump in the running, they wouldn't have to worry about making a new figure for four years and could take their time brainstorming, but then Biden dropped up and Harris started leading in polls, so Disney when "screw it, just put Cars there, we're not doing this again."

Only big problem is that the Riverboat station is inexplicably still there in the concept art, but that could be just because they had to rush it out.
Why do I actually believe this?

Evilgidgit

I thought Rivers of America and TSI were on the chopping block because they sent sensitivity inspectors around the whole resort to wag their finger at anything that might cause offence.

cdunlap

Help, I can’t stop thinking about the Spanish phrase “Hace calor”, meaning “It's hot” because of a literal Sesame Street clip that my Spanish teacher showed the class!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I would like to point out that Disney keeps on ignoring the big a** elephant in the room. Tomorrowland has been ignored for 3 years for D23.

Chaos Cat

I would like to point out that Disney keeps on ignoring the big a** elephant in the room. Tomorrowland has been ignored for 3 years for D23.
One enterance has a building that hasn't had anything for literal years, the other has a ride people actively want gone. Meanwhile, Disney is blowing up the river on the other side of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom