The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I’m especially hyped for the Avengers Campus additions, Monstropolis at DHS, and tbh the new Cars attractions in Frontierland have me excited. I would expect that area to become its own sort of subland as part of a larger American West area comprising Cars and Frontierland. That new Walt animatronic show is a sleeper hit as well. Villains Kingdom at MK is also a welcome addition.

The only thing I’m let down by is how Epcot and Tomorrowland were highlighted in the intro video and then never mentioned in the presentation, besides the Test Track 3.0 opening date, which is a huge surprise! I would have expected more details about that given the 2025 opening date. But I did appreciate the usage of the Horizons theme.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Wait…. WAIT

33B6B117-3E08-4608-AD1F-10979C40B4E9.jpeg

The Chase Win GIF by ABC Network

Disney Dad 3000

The only thing I’m let down by is how Epcot and Tomorrowland were highlighted in the intro video and then never mentioned in the presentation, besides the Test Track 3.0 opening date, which is a huge surprise! I would have expected more details about that given the 2025 opening date. But I did appreciate the usage of the Horizons theme.

Josh had a throwaway line in the presentation where he said something to the effect of all the work we've done at Epcot and I just shook my head.

I’m actually hyped for Avatar. Feels like Shanghai pirates tech to me.

Same! Having Cameron involved to me ensures it's going to be special like AK. I hate that Jon Landau won't be around to assist and see it. Hoping Joe is a consultant on it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Cars in Frontierland feels weird, but if it is behind Thunder Mountain and connected more through the visuals if the setting but it's own mini-land it could work.

Other than that a really good list of exciting stuff. I just wish there has been some more practical details revealed like where exactly some of this stuff is going.

Also, I would've loved more at epcot beyond just a bar as there's a lot of old stuff in desperate need of updates. But also I get that Cosmic Rewind, Rat Ride, and Moana all opened recently, Test Track 3.0 is coming, and it's the only wdw park that handles crowds well enough that I don't feel suffocated by people constantly. So adding capacity to the other 3 makes more sense as the priority. A little hint of something coming later would've been nice though

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
All the comments on D23 have mostly been complaining that it won’t be finished in 100 years and that it won’t even be made. For both of these, I think they missed the part where they said that all projects are in ACTIVE development.
Still likely not gonna be crazy quick. But I'm assuming most if not everything show to be open by 2030ish

DisneyManOne

I would expect that area to become its own sort of subland as part of a larger American West area comprising Cars and Frontierland.
You know what I just realized? Remember how I once talked about that DSNY Newscast video discussing how Frontierland will tell the story of westward expansion? Cars still fits into that mindset; because like Big Thunder, it represents the addition of Arizona to the state roster, and also reflects the era when roads and highways were being built to connect the West to the rest of America.

Chaos Cat

All the comments on D23 have mostly been complaining that it won’t be finished in 100 years and that it won’t even be made. For both of these, I think they missed the part where they said that all projects are in ACTIVE development.
While I do want to be optimistic here, I'm having a hard time getting past how... suspiciously vauge many of these announcements were. We don't even where half this stuff's getting built (side note, the amount of anxitiy I have for Muppets right now is something else).

I'm guessing most of the Disney World projects were ideas that thrown around for a while, but were only recent greenlit after Disney got it's head out of it's own [Chapek] for long enough to realize Epic Universe is an actual threat and that they need countermeasures yesterday. So while most of this will probably be built, don't expect it to look like anything we saw last night.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
We went from blue sky in 2022 to at least in active development for 2024, but not a lot of set dates for opening or how the park is going to look. That's probably saved for 2026 D23, so most of this stuff is 4+ years out from opening.

It's nice to see detailed concept art though. The Door Coaster is like 20+ years overdue, but I do hope it goes in Animation Courtyard and not Grand Ave like some of the concept art shows. Tropical Americas I have also warmed up to.

The Villains Land was announced but still feels very blue sky. They kept saying poor unfortunate souls so I assume Ursula will be involved in some capacity, but either way that is definitely an armchair imagineer paradise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom