The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

NateD1226

If there is still fastpasses availible I would love to play.
Welcome to the game!! If you would like an SAVII avatar and join in on the fun, click the link below! It’s totally optional so don’t feel pressured to do it. Plus, I’m not super skilled in photo editing so I don’t how to add new pics to gifs lol

TwilightZone

The Sorcerer's Warmups

In the continuation of daily warmups from @Pi on my Cake and myself welcome to the third warmup. Even if you're not participating in the Sorcerer's Apprentice feel free to pitch your own ideas for the prompts. Now without further ado get ready for the third warmup prompt :D

Rhapsody in Grotto

View attachment 522849

Upon the opening of Shanghai Disneyland various attractions made their first ever debut, and one of these was the Voyage to the Crystal Grotto. Originally meant to be a spiritual successor to the Storybookland Canal Boats with upgraded technology, Voyage to the Crystal Grotto was unable to shine through. The attraction was meant with mixed reviews due to various lackluster moments, temperamental effects, overreliance of fountains, and a disappointing ending. The challenge is now to create a worthwhile replacement of this ride. For those unfamiliar with the attraction here is a video below:

The goal is to replace Voyage to the Crystal Grotto with a new attraction.

Imagineers during this practice prompt you may use one to two sentences, and one image. Good luck and remember KISS: Keep it simple, silly :D

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure

4K_Voyage_to_the_Crystal_Grotto_Boat_Ride_-_Shanghai_Disneyland_4-52_screenshot.png

This boat dark ride will follow Rapunzel and her journey with Flynn Rider, guests will be taken both inside showbuildings and taken outside to view the locations of the movie as well as give the illusion that they are visiting various areas like Rapunzel did.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The Sorcerer's Warmups

In the continuation of daily warmups from @tcool123 and myself (And maybe mystery guests?????) welcome to the fourth warmup. Even if you're not participating in the Sorcerer's Apprentice feel free to pitch your own ideas for the prompts. Now without further ado get ready for the fourth warmup prompt :D

Originally this would have been Stanza III of Season 4. But now it is just another story lost in the multi-verse

An Unconvincing Campaign

US4.png

Some of the most memorable projects in Sorcerer's Apprentice history are the more weird prompts that take a look at often overlooked aspects of theme parks and gives players a chance to think outside the box and get a little goofy. There was a fart themed Minions flat ride in season 6, a poop themed restroom and a Michael Jackson dance routine in season 5, a horror movie take on Heimlich's Chew Chew Train and the Volcano Bay Bro in Season 4, the Infamous Bench in Season 3(?).

Today's warm up gives you the chance to practice thinking about an unconventional prompt that lends itself to a bit of a weirder project.

The goal is to Pitch an Ad Campaign and/or Viral Marketing Stunt for a Bad Attraction.

Bad is a relative term of course. And don't feel limited to just Disney if you don't want to.

Imagineers during this practice prompt you may use one to two sentences, and one image. Good luck and remember KISS: Keep it simple, silly :D

MickeyMousketeer

In an alternate universe, Superstar Limo still exists, and beginning today Disney has begun...

The Search For Superstars
limo_whoopigoldberg2001tm.jpg

To promote a slowly dying awful ride experience, Disney has jumpstarted their campaign for Superstar Limo! Post a selfie with any funny, sad, happy, etc. face and include the hashtag #DisneySearchForSuperstars for the chance to have your face projected onto the cardboard cutout audiences that surround the superstars; while you're not a superstar... you'll be a superstar audience member!

Sidenote: phew I'm a bit rusty from these prompts or any competition but I gave this a shot 😂

TwilightZone

The Sorcerer's Warmups

In the continuation of daily warmups from @tcool123 and myself (And maybe mystery guests?????) welcome to the fourth warmup. Even if you're not participating in the Sorcerer's Apprentice feel free to pitch your own ideas for the prompts. Now without further ado get ready for the fourth warmup prompt :D

Originally this would have been Stanza III of Season 4. But now it is just another story lost in the multi-verse

An Unconvincing Campaign

View attachment 522993

Some of the most memorable projects in Sorcerer's Apprentice history are the more weird prompts that take a look at often overlooked aspects of theme parks and gives players a chance to think outside the box and get a little goofy. There was a fart themed Minions flat ride in season 6, a poop themed restroom and a Michael Jackson dance routine in season 5, a horror movie take on Heimlich's Chew Chew Train and the Volcano Bay Bro in Season 4, the Infamous Bench in Season 3(?).

Today's warm up gives you the chance to practice thinking about an unconventional prompt that lends itself to a bit of a weirder project.

The goal is to Pitch an Ad Campaign and/or Viral Marketing Stunt for a Bad Attraction.

Bad is a relative term of course. And don't feel limited to just Disney if you don't want to.

Superstar Limo Sweepstakes

morty
To commemorate the grand opening of DCA and sure to be hit attraction Superstar Limo, guests can fill out a contest forum either mailed or online to get a Hollywood welcome to the park. Winners get a vip stay at the Disneyland Hotel, additional park staying hours, a reservation to three dining locations (one for Disneyland, one for Downtown Disney, and one for DCA), and a limo ride to the park on opening day, letting the lucky winners be some of the first guests welcomed in!

this was the most early 00s viral marketing I could think of

NigelChanning

Superstar Limo Sweepstakes

morty
To commemorate the grand opening of DCA and sure to be hit attraction Superstar Limo, guests can fill out a contest forum either mailed or online to get a Hollywood welcome to the park. Winners get a vip stay at the Disneyland Hotel, additional park staying hours, a reservation to three dining locations (one for Disneyland, one for Downtown Disney, and one for DCA), and a limo ride to the park on opening day, letting the lucky winners be some of the first guests welcomed in!

this was the most early 00s viral marketing I could think of
This is like one of those Disney Channel Danimals sweepstakes where you got to go somewhere with the Sprouse twins from Suite Life of Zack and Cody if you purchased enough yogurt containers 😂

Sharon&Susan

The Sorcerer's Warmups

An Unconvincing Campaign

View attachment 522993

1610172237043.png

Journey Into Your
Imagination: A Lecture On Imagination Staring Eric Idle

In a series of commercials, Eric Idle while walking around a common American city when he sees something that looks kinda like Figment or Dreamfinder and starts going on a rant about how "they're stupid and not imaginative" until he realizes that they're not who that he thinks they are. The final commercial has Eric Idle not say anything at all to not make a fool of himself again to someone holding something the audience can't see clearly who after the typical ride footage montage of JIYI is revealed to be the REAL Dreamfinder and Figment.

NigelChanning

The Baby Figment Campaign

977B49F0-B337-48DE-829B-8269C71E90D6.jpeg

Society loves babies as baby versions of popular characters have begun to appear like Baby Yoda, Baby Mr. Peanut, and even a resurgence of the Muppet Babies cartoon, which begs the question as to why Disney doesn’t expand this popular trend to it’s Disney parks original characters.
Starting 2021, Baby Figment will be introduced via a collection of commercials advertising EPCOT’s extensive overhaul and Disney parks fans are sure to fall head over heels for this adorable purple dragon infant as he screams and commits genocide against the entire country of Malaysia.

Chaos Cat

The Baby Figment Campaign

View attachment 522996

Society loves babies as baby versions of popular characters have begun to appear like Baby Yoda, Baby Mr. Peanut, and even a resurgence of the Muppet Babies cartoon, which begs the question as to why Disney doesn’t expand this popular trend to it’s Disney parks original characters.
Starting 2021, Baby Figment will be introduced via a collection of commercials advertising EPCOT’s extensive overhaul and Disney parks fans are sure to fall head over heels for this adorable purple dragon infant as he screams and commits genocide against the entire country of Malaysia.
I was on-board with this until the part about genocide against Malaysia.

Wow, Beta. I didn't expect you to have morals.

Oh, so now I'm a horrible person just because I have no qualms about shooting up some [donkeys], huh?

...Do you want me to answer that, or...?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The Sorcerer's Warmups

In the continuation of daily warmups from @Pi on my Cake and myself welcome to the third warmup. Even if you're not participating in the Sorcerer's Apprentice feel free to pitch your own ideas for the prompts. Now without further ado get ready for the third warmup prompt :D

Rhapsody in Grotto

View attachment 522849

Upon the opening of Shanghai Disneyland various attractions made their first ever debut, and one of these was the Voyage to the Crystal Grotto. Originally meant to be a spiritual successor to the Storybookland Canal Boats with upgraded technology, Voyage to the Crystal Grotto was unable to shine through. The attraction was meant with mixed reviews due to various lackluster moments, temperamental effects, overreliance of fountains, and a disappointing ending. The challenge is now to create a worthwhile replacement of this ride. For those unfamiliar with the attraction here is a video below:

The goal is to replace Voyage to the Crystal Grotto with a new attraction.

I feel that this is coming in a bit too late since the next prompt has been posted already, but I'll post it regardless.

Voyages to the Unknown: A Frozen Adventure

780w-463h_111819_meet-the-frozen-2-characters-9-1.jpg

Journey across the landscapes of Arendelle to seek Elsa and the Northuldra in the Enchanted Forest and guide them back to Arendelle for a kingdom-wide celebration and commemoration of the events of Frozen II. Through elaborate show scenes and state-of-the-art ride technology (as seen in Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure), guests will encounter raging rapids and whirlpools, stone giants, a temperamental water horse, and even a talking snowman!​

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The Sorcerer's Warmups

An Unconvincing Campaign

View attachment 522993

Ride The Future, Today!

rods1.jpg

In a series of react videos, random members of the public (by random I mean preselected), ranging from experienced amateur stunt drivers to the suburban mom and her kids, will be able to test drive the fastest roadworthy vehicle in Tomorrowland, the Rocket Rods, on an actual racetrack against other vehicles to showcase the vehicle's futuristic design and overall superiority against the typical everyday vehicle. These videos will then be shown in a special "New Tomorrowland" segment on The Disney Afternoon block and get voted on by the public; whoever gets the highest number of votes wins a free stay at the Disneyland Hotel and front-row tickets to the rededication of Tomorrowland, as well as being the first guests aboard the newest and hottest attraction in Tomorrowland, the Rocket Rods!​

D Hulk

Original Poster
Question of the Day
What theme or amusement park have you never been to that you really want to get to?
All those parks in Florida! :eek:

Oh, and also Silver Dollar City

And Dollywood.

And Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Lake Compounce
Lagoon
Six Flags New England
Carowinds
Kings Dominion
Six Flags over Texas (et al)
Canada’s Wonderland
Europa Park
Phantasialand
Liseberg
Efteling
Alton Towers
Thorpe Park
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
PortAventura Park
Heide Park
Tivoli Gardens
Gardaland
Fuji-Q Highland
Nagashima Spa Land
Sanrio Puroland
Lotte World

I’m sure I forgot some, these are just from the top of my head.

JokersWild

All those parks in Florida! :eek:

Oh, and also Silver Dollar City

And Dollywood.

And Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Lake Compounce
Lagoon
Six Flags New England
Carowinds
Kings Dominion
Six Flags over Texas (et al)
Canada’s Wonderland
Europa Park
Phantasialand
Liseberg
Efteling
Alton Towers
Thorpe Park
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
PortAventura Park
Heide Park
Tivoli Gardens
Gardaland
Fuji-Q Highland
Nagashima Spa Land
Sanrio Puroland
Lotte World

I’m sure I forgot some, these are just from the top of my head.
To be fair, you could get through Lake Compounce in 2 hours. Couple that with Six Flags New England (which is about an hour and a half away from Lake Compounce) and you have a nice weekend trip.

D Hulk

Original Poster
To be fair, you could get through Lake Compounce in 2 hours. Couple that with Six Flags New England (which is about an hour and a half away from Lake Compounce) and you have a nice weekend trip.
A nice weekend trip...that’s on the opposite side of a plague-ravaged continent! Visiting these parks would be like recreating the plot of Zombieland.

Brer Panther

Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama Commercials
1610206254710.png
Disney has recently released a slew of ads for Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama the same way it built the area - in an intentionally cheap manner! The new ad campaign features crudely-animated dinosaurs (we're talking Dingo Pictures levels of bad here) hanging out at Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama (represented by still photos of the area) and yammering to each other in voices that sound unbelievably bored (it's blatantly obvious that Chester and Hester didn't get professionals to do the voices) and cracking bad jokes, which is sure to draw people to the park (or at least draw them to change the channel!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom