The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

Orange Cat

My Temporary Avatar

A3728604-9F8F-4622-9C3D-8EEA8C30CBBD.png

Just As Good As @NateD1226 ’s Work To Be Sure

Chaos Cat

Start of the day: Oh, yay, this is my day!

End of the day: Foreign High School Musical

Well, guess it would be a good time to show how this thread derailed. See, over in the Discord we barely use, we were talking about the Countdown Parades Tokyo Disneyland use to do for New Year's. At one point, me and @mickeyfan5534 brought up the '08-'09 parade, where, instead of tying into the 25th anniversary going on at the time, they instead decided to do a High School Musical theme. @TwilightZone got curious, and I had to find a video of it for him. One thing lead to another, and here we are.

So now, since I refuse to let only the Discord be cursed, here's Tokyo Disneyland's Countdown Parade 2009 a.k.a. about 50 minutes of High School Musical music:

I never want to here "We're all in this together" ever again.

ThemeParkPriest

Question of the Day
What is your favorite imagineering project you’ve ever done (on the boards or off)​
My first Imagineering project was an Indiana Jones-style ride for some of my cartoon characters called “The Many Adventures of Silly Billy” (I wonder what Pooh bear gave me that idea for a name!) I suppose it would have gone into Toontown. The building is in the shape of a magnifying glass due to the mystery theme.
4F0DD6BD-84E0-4897-80E4-E6F2DA6EF4AB.jpeg
25675778-3C68-4C61-9D1F-3CC78F3612F6.png

NigelChanning

Well, guess it would be a good time to show how this thread derailed. See, over in the Discord we barely use, we were talking about the Countdown Parades Tokyo Disneyland use to do for New Year's. At one point, me and @mickeyfan5534 brought up the '08-'09 parade, where, instead of tying into the 25th anniversary going on at the time, they instead decided to do a High School Musical theme. @TwilightZone got curious, and I had to find a video of it for him. One thing lead to another, and here we are.

So now, since I refuse to let only the Discord be cursed, here's Tokyo Disneyland's Countdown Parade 2009 a.k.a. about 50 minutes of High School Musical music:

They should’ve just stuck to the status quo

That was a really bad joke and I’m sorry 😂

spacemt354

Chili's
My first Imagineering project was an Indiana Jones-style ride for some of my cartoon characters called “The Many Adventures of Silly Billy” (I wonder what Pooh bear gave me that idea for a name!) I suppose it would have gone into Toontown. The building is in the shape of a magnifying glass due to the mystery theme.
View attachment 521778View attachment 521780
An artist I see - that's wonderful!

TwilightZone

All in this together and What time is it on eternal loop is the best Disney parade soundtrack and should be used for every Disney theme park attraction.

Orange Cat

So I Just Watched The Point Of View On The Yoshi Ride &...​

WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS RIDE IT’S FREAKING AMAZING, ahem... pardon my enthusiasm, but it really seems like a good ride, don’t get me wrong, it’s a B ticket at most, but there’s nothing wrong with a B ticket if it’s accompanied by a seemingly ”best of the best” E ticket, & it’s a really quality B ticket at that, besides, maybe everybody (including me) should only form an opinion of it after we see all of it

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Last edited:

PerGron

Question of the Day
What attraction at any park (Disney or otherwise) just needs to go? Not refurbed, not rethemed, just gone.​
For me, it’s Tomorrowland Speedway at Magic Kingdom. Absolute waste of a massive plot of land. The lines are long, the gas fumes are awful, and you need a chiropractor after getting off it because the damned things don’t drive straight.

Orange Cat

Question of the Day
What is your favorite imagineering project you’ve ever done (on the boards or off)​
I know that i’m a bit late but uh, here’s a reply anyway

Definitely The Round Of SA6 Where We All Named Our Cruise Ships The Disney Adventure, I Actually Think I’ve Done Better Work Elsewhere, But While This Wasn’t My First Round Of Any Competition (Nor Was SA6 Even My First Competition Counting OSC), It Was The First Time This Whole Imagineering Thing Clicked With Me, I Had Never Used Google Slides Before But I Didn’t Completely Destroy The Presentation At The Very Least, I Did Some Actually Competent Work, I Started Getting Along With My Fellow Imagineers Pretty Well, & Most Importantly... Wait For It... [Drumroll]...
MY ADDICTION WITH RESTAURANT PROJECTS BEGAN

Here’s The Project!

D Hulk

Original Poster
Question of the Day
What attraction at any park (Disney or otherwise) just needs to go? Not refurbed, not rethemed, just gone.​
All y’all will likely go with Disney (+ maybe Uni), so I’m gonna dip my toes into the incredible parallel universe of roller coasters and say...

Every single Vekoma SLC

We’re talking Kong, Flight Deck at Canada’s Wonderland, Great Nor’easter, T3, Thunderhawk, the various Mind Erasers, plus dozens more. Collectively, they’re the most painful and valueless roller coasters anyplace! Guaranteed headaches! DESTROY THEM!

spacemt354

Chili's
Question of the Day
I would say the Magic Carpets of Aladdin in Adventureland - it creates a bottleneck and if you needed the capacity you could add another flat to Storybook Circus or Fantasyland

Removing it would open up so much more space and scenery
0ljuw5kwksg31.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

TheSquirrel

Question of the Day
The pyramid at Fantasy Island in Skegness even though it’s a building holding many rides and restaurants. It was revamped a few years ago by covering the skylights but I want to see it demolished a replaced by a new plaza and new buildings which would cover the massive area where the pyramid was and the areas around it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom