The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

NigelChanning

I get what they were going for with GE, but some Star Wars music and more walk around characters would add a lot to the land. The foundation is there but nothing like this Nintendo World
I feel like they both benefited and were hurt by choosing a planet that 1. Is new to the general public and 2. Doesn't feature many bright colors known to the Star Wars Universe

DashHaber

I know it was a small clip but I was kinda blown away by the kinetics of the land. I haven't been following it much but it was really cool to see everything in motion like that.
Definitely. The kinetic design of the land is incredible, and really gives it all such life.

Just, the Yoshi ride seems a little lackluster is all. Maybe if it looked like there was a bit more of a story there, it might have helped. It kinda just looks like you're going through some Yoshi-related visuals.

spacemt354

Chili's
Definitely. The kinetic design of the land is incredible, and really gives it all such life.

Just, the Yoshi ride seems a little lackluster is all. Maybe if it looked like there was a bit more of a story there, it might have helped. It kinda just looks like you're going through some Yoshi-related visuals.
Totally, the Yoshi ride did feel a bit like a slower Suess Trolley Train at IoA

DashHaber

Totally, the Yoshi ride did feel a bit like a slower Suess Trolley Train at IoA
According to the USJ website, there is supposed to be a plot about Captain Toad getting lost on an adventure. I feel like they could have either weaved in more of Captain Toad through the ride at the very least, or commit to something related to the Yoshi-specific games (considering we get that indoor section featuring Baby Mario and Kamek).

As it is, it just feels a bit jumbled and disconnected, just giving us scenes with no coherent story.

Suchomimus

According to the USJ website, there is supposed to be a plot about Captain Toad getting lost on an adventure. I feel like they could have either weaved in more of Captain Toad through the ride at the very least, or commit to something related to the Yoshi-specific games (considering we get that indoor section featuring Baby Mario and Kamek).

As it is, it just feels a bit jumbled and disconnected, just giving us scenes with no coherent story.
Wasn't only a part of the attraction shown?

Sharon&Susan

Yeah, that Yoshi ride looks a little disappointing. Maybe the interactive bit might help, but that felt a little...too simple.

If they wanted to round it out, a Luigi's Mansion dark ride would have been nice.
USJ is quite space limited so I can see why this turned out like it did (slow and short). I think a neat ride idea if they wanted to include one more ride would be an indoor drop tower that simulates Mario's jumping abilities through the use of projected visuals on the walls.

Sharon&Susan

True. It seemed like a lot of the ride, but I wouldn't mind a fuller video that features the queue.
Captain Toad seems to thank us which probably signals the end of the ride and I think the load/unload is housed in Mount Beanpole (which the POV starts and ends as it leaves/enters ). It's possible that there might be a short scene inside the mountain that we may've not seen yet, but personally I think we've seen the full ride experience except for board/unboard.

DashHaber

USJ is quite space limited so I can see why this turned out like it did (slow and short). I think a neat ride idea if they wanted to include one more ride would be an indoor drop tower that simulates Mario's jumping abilities through the use of projected visuals on the walls.
Oh, neat idea. Maybe a family drop tower where the ride vehicle movement is based around the triple jump. Perhaps even theme the ride's base to be a note block.

TwilightZone

That Mario Kart attraction better be Top-Tier in order for this land to completely win me over.
Well this land also has a lot of interactive elements, a restaurant, and toad's house which all won me over compared to disney's latest output. Also all the kinetics which since all seem to be a part of the yoshi ride meaning there's faith they will never stop unless the ride gets replaced later down the line. It's my absolute favorite IP land theming alone.

DashHaber

Question of the Day
What is your favorite imagineering project you’ve ever done (on the boards or off)​
As part of Harbortown U.S.A. in 1986's Blue Sky Disneyland, I had designed Sleepy Hollow Chilling Tour. That one stands out to me, because in going for a walkthrough attraction based on the Legend of Sleepy Hollow short, I ended up designing essentially a family-friendly scare maze. That was fun, in trying to capture something that feels like a scare maze but calibrating it to a more family-accessible level that would fit at Disney.

TwilightZone

open-uri20150422-12561-1k1jd9b_2e4d0314.png

Why didn't anyone tell me about High School Musical: China?

tcool123

open-uri20150422-12561-1k1jd9b_2e4d0314.png

Why didn't anyone tell me about High School Musical: China?
Tambien hay High School Musical para Mexico:

And honestly this song is a bop, I kinda want this on Disney+. It reminds me a lot of the latin music from the late 2000s/ early 2010s. Think La Camisa Negra or Gasolina. Instead of basketball they play soccer!

Pero hay tambien una pa Argetina tambien:

Half expected the songs to be the same as the names were the same, but nope same name different songs completely! Also like this song feels more Disney Channel than the Mexico version. Instead of basketball they play rugby!

Both versions were released in theaters btw.

There's also a Brazilian version, and also shoutout to the christian knock off not made by Disney: Sunday School Musical

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom