The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So which hotel ends up being the 4th resort for Mumbai Disneyland?

I'll throw my hat in the ring for either @Disney Dad 3000 's or @D Hindley 's to be the official 4th hotel - those two were my favorites!
Ooooooh I was so focused on the final round that I forgot to announce that.

Both the Ganstey Resort by @Disney Dad 3000 and the Florentine Hotel by @D Hindley will be added to the Mumbai Resort Area in the SAU! It was a very close match up for the gold on this stanza, but since a future second gate is surely an option we figured the resort could use a 5th hotel too so it is ready for it!

spacemt354

Chili's
@NateD1226 fashioned himself into a strong leader after Season 3 winner @tcool123 was among 3 other early departures from Team Yesterday post-Stanza I (mid-January...before the dark times) Nate stepped up in key rounds such as early Act 1 victories, leading Stanza V's amusement park round, and taking a lead role in Mumbai Disneyland. You really stepped out of your comfort zone this season and deserve high praise!

@gam3rprincess you held on throughout this whole competition - on both Team Tomorrow and Yesterday you excelled artistically and as a spark of energy in the late night brainstorming. I'm proud to see you return and really hope you stick around! Thanks for all your enthusiasm!

D Hulk

@Pi on my Cake, @Outbound, @PerGronStudio, some questions about the finale...

Is everything we’ve created so far (Mumbai Disneyland, Disney Bazaar, the 5 hotels) part of opening day? And we’re looking at 5 years from then?

This is a matter of realism for me. The largest expansion any recent resort (DLP, HKDL, SDL, even TDS) has seen in its first 5 years is a Toy Story miniland OR an E-ticket, plus assorted seasonal additions. How much bigger can we go without earning your ire? A full-fledged land? A second theme park?

Outbound

Is everything we’ve created so far (Mumbai Disneyland, Disney Bazaar, the 5 hotels) part of opening day? And we’re looking at 5 years from then?

This is a matter of realism for me. The largest expansion any recent resort (DLP, HKDL, SDL, even TDS) has seen in its first 5 years is a Toy Story miniland OR an E-ticket, plus assorted seasonal additions. How much bigger can we go without earning your ire? A full-fledged land? A second theme park?

Unsure. Disney Bazar and the two hotels could be opening day, or they could have come later. This stanza isn’t about a 5 year immediate expansion but one later down the line. When is up to you, but it could be 10-15 years later when the park is in need of an expansion.

Stick to Mumbai Disneyland. I’d recommend focusing on that northwest plot of land: you could make an all new land and possibly expand our Fantasyland and Adventureland if you’d like. You can also go around and add an attraction to two to the rest of the park if you have any ideas, but it’s not necessary.

This is about improving the park, so no second gate.

Disney Dad 3000

This was my question too. Sticking solely to the theme park itself or the broader resort and how big to go in the park after its opening

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm thinking back to Stanza I where there was some confusion on the 5 year overhaul plan for WDSP. Some projects didn't focus enough on the entrance land and went more broadly. I'd assume the finalists wouldn't want something to be decided based on technicalities or misinterpretations so would it be easier to say the project is to design an expansion to the northwest corner of Mumbai Disneyland?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm thinking back to Stanza I where there was some confusion on the 5 year overhaul plan for WDSP. Some projects didn't focus enough on the entrance land and went more broadly. I'd assume the finalists wouldn't want something to be decided based on technicalities or misinterpretations so would it be easier to say the project is to design an expansion to the northwest corner of Mumbai Disneyland?

That was our original plan, but we had wanted to try to give players more freedom for if they'd rather work on things like expanding the underbuilt sections of Adventureland or working in other already established lands. If players would rather we go back to the original more limited plan of creating just the Northwest Expansion, that works too. I'll leave the final call on things like that to @Outbound though since he's been in charge of stanza design.

Unlike Stanza 1 though, we aren't telling people to focus on one specific land (unless they want to). So, people won't get points taken off for technicalities.

I can say for certain that we won't mark anyone down for solely creating a new land. We also won't mark anyone down for not creating a new land at all and instead just focusing on the lands that are there already. We definitely don't want anyone to feel like the winner was decided on a technicality.

Like Outbound said, the exact opening date for what we have made so far isn't super important. It is the "phase one" for the park. This stanza is about planning out "phase 2." You've got that big patch of space to work with in the Northwest that can easily be used for either new lands or expansions to existing lands or a mix of those, but the whole park is fair game if there is anything else you'd like to tweak or add. Though stick to the park itself.

As far as scale goes for realism, we aren't gonna be picky. We want you guys to be able to create what you want to create! As long as it has an internal balance you should be good (By internal balance, I mean a good division of attractions within whatever plans you make rather than building a land with nothing but 8 E-Tickets). Again, @Outbound is the architects of the prompts, so he will be able to clarify better than I can when he gets back online.

This was my question too. Sticking solely to the theme park itself or the broader resort and how big to go in the park after its opening

And yes, stick to the park itself. If you want to work on the resort as a whole, go for it! But in terms of judging, the park is all that matters this stanza.

Outbound

Like Outbound said, the exact opening date for what we have made so far isn't super important. It is the "phase one" for the park. This stanza is about planning out "phase 2." You've got that big patch of space to work with in the Northwest that can easily be used for either new lands or expansions to existing lands or a mix of those, but the whole park is fair game if there is anything else you'd like to tweak or add. Though stick to the park itself.

Agreed. I was able to find an expansion plot for each of the lands on the map. The northwest is the obvious one, but there are other directions you could go. This is like the last Stanza in it's designed to be open-ended with many methods of success.

Disney Dad 3000

The Teams Explore Disneyland Paris

With the teams well rested in their respective hotels, they set out to visit Disneyland Paris.

zIvIFwxGdrBkRJe3rc4r6VNvU8GwCXA2x-2IFNs2UNUoO5G86Mj2jhWV6v5j2YTpL1c5h0GaTTD_Wa3mbDp488giDxQ3LxnJrzmukYXRXdcXxSqqrCPU29A0BD8ONHpqaSwdy-8f

“What’s up with Fantasyland?” @Tux asks.

“Oh, that was changed up two seasons ago.” @AceAstro explains, “It was the first prompt too, actually. Now that I think about it, that was a pretty formulaic starting prompt. A redo of a land? How cliched for Stanza 1...”

“Quiet here’s more Tintin!” @PerGronStudio shouts!

zt93SHB2bHxSZKFGjydbtIoLXgSBqNprimxVYqFSwmOQ3eXeb0rLvWI902H6wbYJ3sRNfLXAD0rf7p4_zW5K5eScm72pjSrkWZ6xoqq_KAaMO0MOBgW3KoP8luGZHsOeN4R_5_Mp

Everyone admires the Tintin attraction, except @tcool123, who decides to leave in protest and visit the Alliance of Knowledge. That’s the third park that nobody ever talks about for some reason.

CIoxcXyKY6OYIxkhcs1nloMbzMMQC1k72ccd2mwP5nxlE0c1FqIO9wFvvb3B3VrOprfBVJ_g7peYFpEZmlkYO5OvuZPVY4dB1JTgx44ZSRfqCrGgZ1L2nnvhek3UoJxX532LHvpx

And it’s there where he finds @Angels and Disney's! You see they got lost while visiting the park one day and because no one has thought about it since Season 2, couldn’t get out!

@Angels and Disney’s is very thankful to have found a way out and joins us on the adventure. “You know, that third park is pretty unique and cool, maybe we should have a prompt there?” They ask the judges...

“Nahhh” @Outbound, @Pi on my Cake, and @PerGronStudio reply. Let’s go to the studios!”

All collectively groan.

“Not the studios!” Screams @kmbmw777, cowering in fear.

“Yes! It will be LOTS of fun! Everyone loves Studio Parks the best of any theme!” @Pi on my Cake says, “At the very least, we have Howard Park, the first Marvel-themed land in any Disney Park! It has light touches of EPCOT Future World mixed in with cool Avengers theming.”

View attachment 440554

“But beyond that, it remains one of the least touched Disney parks and one in need of the most love.” @Outbound is quick to remind. “That’s why we want to test you here, before we send you off internationally.”

So after many days of fun and games in Disneyland Paris and the Alliance of Knowledge, our SEA Agents prepare for the worst inside the Studios. It couldn’t be as bad as they-

0sSoUT0jlNqxWL6Jf4XVMl1kGDEnnVFvruv4H-y9OOAE1MyiLOo7KgNRWq6F8vMRj9CpqRMZfK4rOeVU3JEKXIcpesydMR0cXmXmaRmQN9edAJBK9SiAIr2ipcvQOKWhk8fZzOmB

Oh. OHHH. OHH NO!

----

Still Confused?

W6XXNJ621fThZRTa5ExHKU2U9fkHN98zAlU_4yTptmeiGKeEvPoEKWVVjDQ_id-aBGqvRxiuq4YNUjlxsQuuxtlG0MKV_X5Lt-8QXC8xP16JKkpkb6aCVqaDdjnHl365PdmUcZyM

The Judges have compiled for you a full directory of every canon Sorcerer’s Apprentice Project!
Tip: open the outline for the doc for an interactive Table of Contents!

View it here.

While I'm thinking about it, in the SA offseason, happy to work with anybody that wants to on further solidifying this awesome Table of Contents for the SAU. We ought to work on preserving what we can detail wise, especially the stuff that is/was on websites as a back up, via screenshots in case those sites ever go down (especially the older stuff).
Won't be as pretty as the sites, but all the details of the presentation would be there. I know there's a couple of these that are "missing" except for a few brief snippets that I bet we can research and get most of the data from players conversation history of those seasons. Like Fantasyland Paris for instance from Season 4, I think we've actually got 80-90% of that presentation data saved in its own conversation thread with no other messages to filter through.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
While I'm thinking about it, in the SA offseason, happy to work with anybody that wants to on further solidifying this awesome Table of Contents for the SAU. We ought to work on preserving what we can detail wise, especially the stuff that is/was on websites as a back up, via screenshots in case those sites ever go down (especially the older stuff).
Won't be as pretty as the sites, but all the details of the presentation would be there. I know there's a couple of these that are "missing" except for a few brief snippets that I bet we can research and get most of the data from players conversation history of those seasons. Like Fantasyland Paris for instance from Season 4, I think we've actually got 80-90% of that presentation data saved in its own conversation thread with no other messages to filter through.
That would be amazing! Cataloguing the SAU can be tough when so many early projects are either completely gone or have all their art gone. Anything that we can crowdsource to help fill out and keep an archive would be amazing!

JokersWild

I don't recall all of the missing ones, but I know we lost Howard Park in Paris Studios. Generally, it's the projects on sites; after a few years, they seem to disappear.
That makes sense. I didn’t realize that there were missing projects that were that recent. If you guys are missing any of my projects I have them all in a google drive. I can check to see if I’m attached to any group docs as well.

spacemt354

Chili's
I have most if not all of Season 4 saved, especially the artwork. The custom sites were lost for DLP Fantasyland and Brazil Adventureland, but the content is still in the PMs. The stuff that's missing comes from Season 2 with the custom sites that expired (Project 2: Howard Park, Project 4: Lord of the Rings, Project 6: Buccaneer Bay, Project 8: The Haunted Tower, Project 11: Cruise Ships), but artwork and the basics of the projects have been saved. Actually I'm pretty sure Tiki and Jokers reviewed every Season 2 project on podcasts back in 2015 so that can even serve as a catalog of the content.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom