The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Introduction

hp1rUtW.png

To all who come to this competition, welcome!

Since 2013, the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe has been an amazing, alternate world where armchair imagineers, like yourself, have shaped reality! Over five seasons, each winning project has been added into the SAU creating an intricate tapestry of wonderful creations. In the past, Yensid and Figment have helped lead contestants through the game as they search for the next imagineer to take up the title of The Sorcerer’s Apprentice!

Last year, the villains nearly succeeded in wiping the entire SAU out of existence! It was their greatest fight yet, but the imagineers, Figment, and Yensid managed to find the Sorcerer’s Apprentice and defeat the villains before it was too late. After such a tough fight, Figment and Yensid decided they needed a well-deserved vacation around the world!

PHqNBKJ.png

With them on vacation, someone had to protect Yensid’s hat since it is the key to reshaping the SAU! So, Bob Iger has brought S.E.A. back into modern day as an agency full of secret agents and spies dedicated to defending the magic that makes this world so special.

And they need your help!

Are you ready to join S.E.A. and become an agent?

UlkiyCK.png

Stanzas
Act 1 - The Atlantic Voyage
Stanza I - From Paris with Love
Stanza II - Ocean's 7
Stanza III - The Moroccan Candidate

Stanza IV - The Brazil Identity
Stanza V - Rogue Nations
Act 2 - The Pacific Voyage
Stanza VI - International Plan of Mystery
Stanza VII - The Man from A.U.L.A.N.I.
Stanza VIII - On Her Majesty's Secret Singapore
Stanza IX - The March for Red October
Stanza X - Disney Royale
Act 3 - The Fantasy Voyage
Stanza XI - Live and Let Die
Stanza XII - The Good Shopper
Stanza XIII - Spies in Mumbai
Stanza XIV - Mickey's Odyssey

Auxiliary Threads
Hype/Discussion Thread

Fortress of Fate
SA VI Program Guides

SAU Directory
Mission: MISNOMER - An Open Brainstorming Thread for Projects inside the SAU

Past Seasons
Season 1
Season 2 - International Edition
Season 3
Season 4 - Homecoming Edition
Season 5 - Endgame

Season 6 - Odyssey

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prologue: Welcome to S.E.A.

All 20 players who signed up to receive a FastPass were chosen to be new recruits for S.E.A.!

Bob Iger decided to transport them to their destination in style! He threw sacks over their heads in the middle of the night and shoved them in the back of a Minnie Van that drove them to an undisclosed location. This is how their journey begins!

b4f1nX4.jpg

YUQAuwM.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Team Announcement Post

The new S.E.A. considers themselves to be the Guardians of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy. So, it only makes sense to divide the new recruits into these three teams.

cTPOEhh.png

Team Yesterday
Champion - Abraham Lincoln

@Flippin'Flounder
@mickeyfan5534
@NateD1226
@Sam4D23
@tcool123
@TheOriginalTiki
@Tux

x1Y47Jw.png

Team Tomorrow
Champion - John Progress

@Brer Panther
@D Hindley
@Disneylover152
@Disneypugs.
@Evilgidgit
@FireMountain
@gam3rprincess

jAPWjJf.jpg

Team Fantasy
Champion - The Hatbox Ghost

@AceAstro
@Brer Oswald
@Disney Dad 3000
@kmbmw777
@MickeyMousketeer
@orlando678-

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Teams Get Used to being Spies

“Welcome, everyone! About time you made it!” @Outbound greets all the new recruits! @PerGronStudio and @Pi on my Cake are there to welcome everyone as well.

“I know I’m new to this game, but I don’t remember seeing you three on any of the teams? Unless I missed something? Why are you guys here?” @Disneypugs. asks looking for some answers.

“Remember when I stole Dreamfinder’s ship?” @Pi on my Cake asks, referring to the One Little Spark Competition.

GvGQH6V.gif

“And remember when me and Outbound stole Dreamfinder’s ship from Pi?” @PerGronStudio asks, referring to One Little Spark Season 2.

haKU7Mh.png

“Well, S.E.A. didn’t like that. So, they wrangled us up and gave us a choice. Be locked in the prison cell from the Pirates of the Caribbean queue in WDW until Disney decides to stop making Star Wars movies…” @Outbound explains,

jqo0Qtu.png

“OR we could help S.E.A. seek out some of the best imagineers in the world to join the agency in hopes of finding the next Sorcerer’s Apprentice!”

“This is so cool! I’m so excited to be back in the SAU!”
@NateD1226 exclaims!

“I’ve travelled around the world and loved every moment, but few places compare to the SAU!” @D Hindley reminisces.

@Tux decides to ask an important question, “So, if we’re spies now, should we be watching out for someone to double cross us? Is anyone here evil?”

@Evilgidgit starts to act really nervous. “Just because someone’s evil doesn’t mean they’re gonna double cross all of you! I would never do that!”

“Wait, we’re in Paris now! I can’t wait to go ride The Adventures of Tintin: Escape the Enchanted Cavern! Tintin is my favorite Disney IP!”
@Sam4D23 says reigniting a nearly 6 year old debate. @tcool123 gives him an angry glare.

H2ClMNj.png

“Alright, recruits.” Bob Iger says reentering the room. “I’m glad to see that you are all getting acquainted. It’s time to show you where you’ll be staying while on assignment here in Paris. We have you lined up to stay at the nicest hotels at the Disneyland Paris Resort.”

“Team Yesterday will be staying at the Hotel Santa Fe”

OGN4qmZ.png

“Team Tomorrow will be staying at the Hotel New York”

0nmv085.png

“And last, but certainly not least, Team Fantasy will be staying at the Newport Bay Club Resort”

1XDJs3f.png

“Take a couple days to settle in, get to know each other, and get ready. Your mission begins soon!”

“Well, I know what fancy hotels mean…"
@Disney Dad 3000 says as he reaches for his wallet to generously pay for everyone’s hotel rooms as usual.

“No need for you to pay, I’ve got this covered,” Bob Iger offers, “If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s spending reckless amounts of money.”

@Disney Dad 3000 breathes a sigh of relief as he slides his wallet back into its pocket. A single tear of joy begins to slide down his face at the thought of someone else finally paying for something.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The History of S.E.A.

Era 1 - 1500s-Early 1800s
4BGQJ0oQ4W4lH1q9uYc6ogTvXrJHwoArDUhPs6A2Qt41cjBk8JGNYIVINO0c9fq_51d3uhgfHj5Oa8mutl9al3hfcz6l2YDpCtYlkYvLAAaem-aW40XtailTHnSFwOdXeMzGSXRb

The Society was first founded on August 12, 1538 in Italy at Porto Paradiso by Leonardo Da Vinci, Marco Polo, and Ferdinand Magellan. Consisting of scientists, explorers, researchers, artists, travelers and adventurers from around the globe, S.E.A. was dedicated to the continued exploration of the world's oceans and exotic lands. Ancient explorers pooled their resources and connected from around the globe at a time when that wasn’t easy.

"We the Society of Explorers and Adventurers shall acquire knowledge through exploration"

Source: Fortress Exploration, DisneySEA (IRL). Novus Harbor, Inventus (SAU).

Era 2 - Late 1800s-Early 1900s
Ca30btbRpd8IsE5zr4xgKoICoqkiGpiODFyKkiZOftnEVel6XwNW9YHqorPXJJjEd2KaXAuRBAJtCkkM3dnM3slSGEkk5DpFvbNVaZ1TI1iEL9MexwsRKEbuyY6BYXR6MRdd6-D2

As the world became connected, S.E.A. became less about just exploring the globe and more about the magical, mystical, and fantastical things found within it. Mary Oceaneer, Harrison Hightower III, Henry Mystic and most other prominent members were from this era. Most of the focus was on artifacts and treasures, often ignoring the associated curses and dangers.

“The mission of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers is to collect, conserve, and curate valuable cultural and artistic artifacts from around the world and make them available to the public in an artistically pleasing and sensitive manner. It is furthermore the mission of the organization to equip and mount socio-cultural expeditions to discover, explore, chronicle and protect the artistic achievements of human society, past and present, exalted and forgotten.”

Source: Tower of Terror, DisneySEA (IRL). Skipper Canteen, Magic Kingdom (IRL). Tropical Hideaway, Disneyland (IRL). The Cruise Lines (IRL). Etc.

Era 3 - Early 1900s-Mid 1900s
1WP7hQqSPBuCrgUDEA2O6X56P0gedD_EzydAd4nK0I7tq9DMz3WCW4t9VeQS8kmhs2m35mjMtotINozdjXfRcNSioyZB6FjFEyoIk4uXnwAuXAvsGwsAeBXCRrv1TTmL9RGFMP41

As members found more and more powerful magical artifacts, the focus shifted. There were dangers the world wasn’t prepared to face, but the Society was there to protect us. Serving as a secret society fighting dangerous creatures and curses. Saving the world from certain doom! Some members didn’t want the pressure or to join the dangerous work. Others felt that the Society was causing more trouble than it was worth. Half the curses they battled were brought about by themselves. So, the Adventurer’s Club was born as a way for former S.E.A. members to come together and celebrate. As technology advanced, the Society faded away. A relic of a forgotten age. But the story doesn’t end there.

"Marching along we're adventurers, Singing the song of adventurers. Up or down, north, south, east, or west, an Adventurer's life is best. KUNGALOOSH!!

Source: Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar, Disney Springs (IRL). Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney (IRL). Adventure Bay, Disneyland Brazil (SAU)

Era 4 - 2019 and onward
Q3aNfGBik5Y1_iOxSyFw6fFjz5vhqYf2yhaq0OMFJ_JOoDiamfUshsrLBtMRXnd5FxfcNRj37MU3UXHSErkFoxgoD4K8cQVNVTpirczVrjNAs31YqQd3krQ0rxSIYlkOVR1YaZxy

When Maleficent nearly destroyed the SAU in 2019, Bob Iger decided to bring back S.E.A. as a way to help defend the world. Now as a modern spy agency with a high tech base underneath the city of Paris. They are seeking new recruits to help defend Yensid’s Hat from mysterious threats. And a new mission is just beginning. Perhaps only the Sorcerer’s Apprentice will be able to lead this new S.E.A. to victory.

"We are the Guardians of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."

Source: The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Season 6 (SAU)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Fortress of Fate

Only the best of the best of the best of the best will be able to succeed in the mission S.E.A. has for you. But how do we find the best of the best? We go back to the beginning!

(Click the poster to be taken to the Fortress)​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The History of L.A.N.D.

Origins
03ca8e0a9bac9e05eb1b03ff8ec61668.jpg

Few know this, but Pleasure Island was originally founded by two men, not one as many assume. The island is named after both these men.
Meriweather Adam Pleasure (Famed S.E.A. member of Era 2/3, founder of the Adventurer's Club, and well-noted jolly good fellow) and Grumpiclimate Eve Island (Known for being decent at gardening and owning multiple large hats).

Mr. Pleasure was often having large parties and making all kinds of noise with his adventurous friends and secret S.E.A. meetings. It was all, honestly, a bit much. It was like these jerks from S.E.A. were celebrating New Years Eve every night on Pleasure Island. Overtime, Mr. Island grew resentful of the man he shared the island with. This lead Mr. Island to leave Pleasure Island.

He moved to a nearby island, this one he named solely after himself.

Island Isle.

But Grumpiclimate Eve Island wasn't going to stop there. He grew vengeful, and sought to take out his anger, envy, and spite on Pleasure and his precious S.E.A.

And so, he founded L.A.N.D.

"We the League of Antagonists and Ne'er Dowells shall acquire vengeance through spiteful means!"

Era 1 - Mid 1900s
oq8plni.png

L.A.N.D. began small. They would ring Henry Mystics doorbell and then run away. They would egg the side Harrison Hightower's highest tower. Things like that. But they grew more nefarious. Gathering artifacts before S.E.A. members could and then using them to attack the S.E.A. members! As S.E.A. began to fade away towards the end of the 1900s, L.A.N.D. did too. The last Era 1 attack from L.A.N.D. against S.E.A. was hiding some raw meat in the vents of the Adventurer's Club so it would slowly start to smell bad and no one would know why.

Era 2 - 2019 and onward

518128-183828_MEDIA_IMAGE_.jpg

When Maleficent nearly destroyed the SAU in 2019, Bob Iger decided to bring back S.E.A. as a way to help defend the world. Now as a modern spy agency with a high tech base underneath the city of Paris.

Not to be outdone, L.A.N.D. returned as spiteful as ever as a modern spy agency with a high tech base in a hidden location. No one knows the identity of the mysterious person who reinstated L.A.N.D. and is now leading it.

What we do know is that L.A.N.D. is just as spiteful as ever. They are trying to stop everything S.E.A. stands for. They seek Yensid's Hat and the treasures that the Codex will tell the way to. As far as we can tell, they want these things purely just so S.E.A. doesn't have them, but we don't know for sure what they want.

Most of the current members are forgotten or often ignored characters from various theme parks. Such as everyone's least favorite scientist, Dr. Nigel Channing. Or The Bird and the Robot from the World of Motion post show.

Who else is a member of L.A.N.D.?
What are they planning?
Who is their leader?

Only time will tell!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Teams Explore Disneyland Paris

With the teams well rested in their respective hotels, they set out to visit Disneyland Paris.

zIvIFwxGdrBkRJe3rc4r6VNvU8GwCXA2x-2IFNs2UNUoO5G86Mj2jhWV6v5j2YTpL1c5h0GaTTD_Wa3mbDp488giDxQ3LxnJrzmukYXRXdcXxSqqrCPU29A0BD8ONHpqaSwdy-8f

“What’s up with Fantasyland?” @Tux asks.

“Oh, that was changed up two seasons ago.” @AceAstro explains, “It was the first prompt too, actually. Now that I think about it, that was a pretty formulaic starting prompt. A redo of a land? How cliched for Stanza 1...”

“Quiet here’s more Tintin!” @PerGronStudio shouts!

zt93SHB2bHxSZKFGjydbtIoLXgSBqNprimxVYqFSwmOQ3eXeb0rLvWI902H6wbYJ3sRNfLXAD0rf7p4_zW5K5eScm72pjSrkWZ6xoqq_KAaMO0MOBgW3KoP8luGZHsOeN4R_5_Mp

Everyone admires the Tintin attraction, except @tcool123, who decides to leave in protest and visit the Alliance of Knowledge. That’s the third park that nobody ever talks about for some reason.

CIoxcXyKY6OYIxkhcs1nloMbzMMQC1k72ccd2mwP5nxlE0c1FqIO9wFvvb3B3VrOprfBVJ_g7peYFpEZmlkYO5OvuZPVY4dB1JTgx44ZSRfqCrGgZ1L2nnvhek3UoJxX532LHvpx

And it’s there where he finds @Angels and Disney's! You see they got lost while visiting the park one day and because no one has thought about it since Season 2, couldn’t get out!

@Angels and Disney’s is very thankful to have found a way out and joins us on the adventure. “You know, that third park is pretty unique and cool, maybe we should have a prompt there?” They ask the judges...

“Nahhh” @Outbound, @Pi on my Cake, and @PerGronStudio reply. Let’s go to the studios!”

All collectively groan.

“Not the studios!” Screams @kmbmw777, cowering in fear.

“Yes! It will be LOTS of fun! Everyone loves Studio Parks the best of any theme!” @Pi on my Cake says, “At the very least, we have Howard Park, the first Marvel-themed land in any Disney Park! It has light touches of EPCOT Future World mixed in with cool Avengers theming.”

dISNEY sTUDIOS MAP.png

“But beyond that, it remains one of the least touched Disney parks and one in need of the most love.” @Outbound is quick to remind. “That’s why we want to test you here, before we send you off internationally.”

So after many days of fun and games in Disneyland Paris and the Alliance of Knowledge, our SEA Agents prepare for the worst inside the Studios. It couldn’t be as bad as they-

0sSoUT0jlNqxWL6Jf4XVMl1kGDEnnVFvruv4H-y9OOAE1MyiLOo7KgNRWq6F8vMRj9CpqRMZfK4rOeVU3JEKXIcpesydMR0cXmXmaRmQN9edAJBK9SiAIr2ipcvQOKWhk8fZzOmB

Oh. OHHH. OHH NO!

----

Still Confused?

W6XXNJ621fThZRTa5ExHKU2U9fkHN98zAlU_4yTptmeiGKeEvPoEKWVVjDQ_id-aBGqvRxiuq4YNUjlxsQuuxtlG0MKV_X5Lt-8QXC8xP16JKkpkb6aCVqaDdjnHl365PdmUcZyM

The Judges have compiled for you a full directory of every canon Sorcerer’s Apprentice Project!
Tip: open the outline for the doc for an interactive Table of Contents!

View it here.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

g7peHic.png

ekdNjsd.png

In 2007, the Walt Disney realized the errors of their ways with Disney’s California Adventure, engineering a five-year plan to retrofit the failing park with all new attractions, entertainment, and even lands. At the time, DCA was one of Disney’s worst parks, and the expansive project proved extremely beneficial in the long run. It was later repeated with Disneys’ Hollywood-MGM Studios in Season 4, and now, we ask you to do the same with the infamous Studios Paris.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to design a 5-year park overhaul for Studios Paris: starting with a reimagined park entrance.

- This proposal may include anything from refurbishments, removals, replacements, and/or other additions.
- Should you choose IPs, limit them to Disney, Fox, or Tintin.
- Focus on the entrance land: the 5 year plan should be kept to a loose description.
- You may replace Howard Park from SA2, but you must have a good reason for doing so.
- It's an open canvas of imagination and creativity!

Project Managers: The Duel of Winners (and Sore Losers)
Yesterday - @tcool123
Tomorrow - @D Hindley
Fantasy - @AceAstro

Guest Reviewers
Yesterday - @DisneyManOne, @spacemt354
Tomorrow - @JokersWild, @Voxel, @spacemt354
Fantasy - @Magic Feather, @spacemt354

This Project is due Sundary, January 19th at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones
Walt Disney World- 11:59 PM
Disneyland Park - 8:59 PM
Disneyland Paris - 5:59 AM
Disneyland Tokyo - 1:59 PM

Any specific questions feel free to ask in your brainstorming PMs or below.

Thank you, best of luck everyone, and enjoy The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY
!​

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom