The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY- Hype Thread

Suchomimus

So, City Walk is pretty packed in with people and roads on either side for the main stretch that makes it tough to expand or add a trolley without MAJOR restructuring of everything.
I’ve read one suggestion (from 2013) about expanding CW over Hollywood Way into the Royal Pacific’s parking lot to make it as big as Hollywood’s CityWalk (though said nothing about streetcars).

Suchomimus

But it might be just slightly too far for that. Maybe some sort of monorail or elevated train or skyway type thing that has a hub between Canana Vay, Aventura, and Sapphire Falls and another station where the Toon Lagoon theater is.
Universal Creative members spying on us:
e74.png

mickeyfan5534

I just realized I never gave my full thoughts on the three new movies.

Awesome Planet: The name is very accurate. The film is beautifully shot, the in-theater effects add a ton, and the way it's framed as a sort of home tour is brilliant. There's a strong environmental message without feeling preachy. EPCOT Center wishes it could have had something like this. If this is New Epcot, I say bring it on. 10/10

Canada Far and Wide: Better than Oh Canada. I kinda wish there was a bit more humor. With Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara, I was almost expecting them to basically be playing their Schitt's Creek characters with a really sarcastic and ironic tone to it. Canada (You're a Lifetime Journey) is a freaking awful song though. That said, for what it actually is, it's a really great update to something that was very 'one and done' before. 8/10

Beauty and the Beast Sing-A-Long: The best part of it is the Film, Opera, and Ballet exhibit in the lobby. As for the actual thing itself... in a vacuum, it's a cute bit of fluff with a couple of great chuckle moments. When you consider the Frozen Sing-A-Long, the France Pavillion, Impressions de France, and World Showcase as a whole, it's really, really bad. When you add in its framing as a "twice-told tale", it becomes a genuine assassination on almost everything that makes Beauty and the Beast so beloved. (Has anyone else noticed that over the years, someone who's stuck around in WDW just seems to despise this movie between this, Enchanted Tales, and Live on Stage?) 4/10

Outbound

Original Poster
Saw 1917 tonight! It’s excellent. The cinematography is fantastic, and the one massive set has so much weight. The theme is clearly anti-war, but it does so subtly - a dead body is in the background, holding a letter, and it’s never emphasized. The characters have a realistic portrayal to them, and you’re never really sure what’s going to happen to them. I’d call it my favorite of 2019, besting both OUATIH and the Lighthouse. You should see it!

(Yes I know I have to judge stanza one, I’ll do it asap tomorrow, just let me sleep!)

mickeyfan5534

Pardon my gushing but...

This season of Doctor Who is such a massive step up from season 11 and Nikola Tesla's Night of Terror gave me the Tesla vs Edison episode I've always dreamed of with possibly one of the best alien inclusions in a historical episode ever. The Thirteenth Doctor keeps shining in history and weird and this episode had both in spades.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Pardon my gushing but...

This season of Doctor Who is such a massive step up from season 11 and Nikola Tesla's Night of Terror gave me the Tesla vs Edison episode I've always dreamed of with possibly one of the best alien inclusions in a historical episode ever. The Thirteenth Doctor keeps shining in history and weird and this episode had both in spades.
I haven't seen the new episode yet, but the first few have been such a step up from last season! Love it!

Evilgidgit

I've been considering a new project -- an alternate/mirror timeline where Disneyland was never built in Anaheim, but instead, Walt's original Mickey Mouse Park was supported, creating a much smaller park which would apparently have been only 11 acres big, if Theme Park Tourist is accurate. I'd do a decade by decade coverage of how this park changed and survived in LA -- one where the freeway wasn't built across the area where the park would've been built (i.e. where the current animation building stands). Some of Disney would alter too, though not too much. Thoughts?

spacemt354

Chili's
I've been considering a new project -- an alternate/mirror timeline where Disneyland was never built in Anaheim, but instead, Walt's original Mickey Mouse Park was supported, creating a much smaller park which would apparently have been only 11 acres big, if Theme Park Tourist is accurate. I'd do a decade by decade coverage of how this park changed and survived in LA -- one where the freeway wasn't built across the area where the park would've been built (i.e. where the current animation building stands). Some of Disney would alter too, though not too much. Thoughts?
Sounds like fun! Alternate histories are really cool to dive into

JokersWild

Not going to discuss spoilers, but I genuinely believe that Rise of the Resistance is the best ride I’ve ever ridden, and it opens up a ton of possibilities both for the theme park industry, and in the armchair imagineering community in terms of what’s deemed realistic and unrealistic (@TheOriginalTiki who told me 10 years ago that AAs sitting at desks in a queue pretending to do work is unrealistic)

TheOriginalTiki

Not going to discuss spoilers, but I genuinely believe that Rise of the Resistance is the best ride I’ve ever ridden, and it opens up a ton of possibilities both for the theme park industry, and in the armchair imagineering community in terms of what’s deemed realistic and unrealistic (@TheOriginalTiki who told me 10 years ago that AAs sitting at desks in a queue pretending to do work is unrealistic)

Well to be fair, you did have a whole airport full of AA people. Stormtroopers and goblins are much easier to replicate than average Joe humans. My criticism still stands. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom