The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

Did a bit of fancy audio editing on this one. Let me know what you guys think of the ambient sounds of the queue you can hear in the first five minutes or so of the actual podcast (so everything past the Rancho Del Zocola promo haha) the ambient sounds are definitely something I'm experimenting with to make the podcast feel more immersive, but I only did it for the first five minutes or so on this one just in case the sounds of the queue distracted from the audio of the actual discussion.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Did a bit of fancy audio editing on this one. Let me know what you guys think of the ambient sounds of the queue you can hear in the first five minutes or so of the actual podcast (so everything past the Rancho Del Zocola promo haha) the ambient sounds are definitely something I'm experimenting with to make the podcast feel more immersive, but I only did it for the first five minutes or so on this one just in case the sounds of the queue distracted from the audio of the actual discussion.

I need to catch up on these! I should watch it later today and let you know how it sounds!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

I love the ambient noise! I think it added a lot to it! Love the podcast so far!

TheOriginalTiki

I love the ambient noise! I think it added a lot to it! Love the podcast so far!

Awesome, really glad you liked that angle. This episode was the first time I experimented with sound in that way and it happened kind of by accident in the editing booth. I think if I can tinker the level of volume just right to where to you get the ambiance of being in the queue while the actual conversation of the podcast is still the main thing your ear focuses on, it could honestly turn into something special. Definitely aiming to make it a flagship series of the channel going forward. This week's episode will focus on the queues of the Disneyland dark rides in Fantasyland. Specifically Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventures, and Alice in Wonderland. Not a ton there, but on the whole we'll be discussing the flow of Disneyland's collection of dark rides and how they work in unision to create arguably the most timeless-feeling part of the park. There's small details throughout four of the five queues that really go a long way towards showing this off. And then there's Pan...We'll get to Pan... :p

TheOriginalTiki

I'll be in SoCal the week of September 14th-September 20th. Going to be hitting up Disneyland for two days, a mini road trip to Magic Mountain, a performance of Little Shop of Horrors at the Pasedena Playhouse, Knott's Scary Farm, a live performance by The Mountain Goats at the Anaheim House of Blues (Hyyyyyyyype!!!!) and of course as much base-level day time Knott's as I can get my hands on. ;) Just a bummer that Mystery Lodge is down and the log ride will be down until my Scary Farm night. Glad I know I'll get to ride it, but the timing sucks that most of the time I'm there just happens to be when they close the ride to put in the Halloween overlay.

Jacob Wile will be with me most of the time, as will Monkey. @MANEATINGWREATH will be joining us in some point in the day before or after his shift on Wednesday August 18th. This is where most of the crew who has worked together on the channel will be meeting up for a Disneyland day including myself, Jacob, Monkey, and MEW. If any SoCal peeps including the ever elusive @D Hindley wish to join us for this meet up, let me know. I kind of want to make a thing of it :)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Awesome, really glad you liked that angle. This episode was the first time I experimented with sound in that way and it happened kind of by accident in the editing booth. I think if I can tinker the level of volume just right to where to you get the ambiance of being in the queue while the actual conversation of the podcast is still the main thing your ear focuses on, it could honestly turn into something special. Definitely aiming to make it a flagship series of the channel going forward. This week's episode will focus on the queues of the Disneyland dark rides in Fantasyland. Specifically Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventures, and Alice in Wonderland. Not a ton there, but on the whole we'll be discussing the flow of Disneyland's collection of dark rides and how they work in unision to create arguably the most timeless-feeling part of the park. There's small details throughout four of the five queues that really go a long way towards showing this off. And then there's Pan...We'll get to Pan... :p
Sounds like a great episode! And I could definitely see this podcast becoming big! Its clear how much attention, care, passion, and effort is going into these.

Also, I saw Little Shop for my birthday. GREAT show to see live! Your gonna love it!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Alright, so I'm trying to do the D23 member Disney+ deal (because I'm weakand have poor impulse control) and I absolutely cannot figure out how to give Disney my money and take the deal. Has anyone else done this deal yet or had any troubles?

TheOriginalTiki

69783341_2585074024865077_843005013943910400_n.jpg

Recording tonight, uploading this weekend!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Forgot to share it here because I got real busy with life stuff and work the past few days. BUT I made a fun little concept video for Soarin' over the MCU.

I don't want to replace Soarin with IP, but I also see a ton of potential with that ride system and flying over fictional landscapes!

Evilgidgit

Not sure if anyone is into anime, but I just found that voice actor Michael Lindsay passed away a week ago. He is best known for his character work in Digimon (Joe Kido), Bleach (Kisuke Urahara), and Naruto (Kankuro). I'm kinda bummed out about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom