The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

Disney Dad 3000

D23 Park Updates Thus Far: (This will be updated over time with each new announcement)

-- The Marvel land at DCA will be called "Avengers Campus" and be interwoven with the Paris and Hong Kong Marvel lands with the narrative that the Avengers are recruiting new heroes the world over, and these lands serve as their campuses.

-- The Star Wars hotel being built near Hollywood Studios' Galaxy's Edge will be called "Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser."

-- At Epcot, Innoventions West will be removed to make way for the expanded plaza. As part of the new plaza, a walkthrough called "Moana: Journey of Water" will be opening. More on this development will be announced Sunday, but for now, this is what Disney has said: "This first-ever attraction based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios hit film, “Moana,” will let guests interact with magical, living water in a beautiful and inspiring setting."

-- The Odyssey will play host to "Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience", which will give guests a sneak peek at all the upcoming additions the park.

-- Disney has said that Epcot will be split into "four neighborhoods" -- Blog Mickey surmises that this will apply to Future World only -- but no further information has dropped about that yet.

-- The Future World pavilion logos are coming back.

-- Laughing Place on Twitter shared this photograph of an Epcot model, heavily implying that Coco will be added to the Mexico pavilion.

ECny9G7UcAA_TVI

-- Furthermore, Disney also released this nifty bit of concept art:

epcot-overhaul-concept-art-d23-2019-1.jpg

If this concept art is any indication, they are emulating the original Epcot concept art from around the time the park was to open:

EarlyE.jpg

EDIT: Attractions Magazine has uploaded this video, detailing concept art from Epcot's transformation.

What intrigues me about this video is how it gives us a more in-depth look at the new plaza replacing Innoventions. In addition to the new restaurant replacing Electric Umbrella and the new beer garden, we'll also be getting new fountains, unique lighting in the trees and a garden area inspired by Alice in Wonderland. And is it just me, or does the acrobatics group depicted at 3:11 make me feel like we'll see Kristos returning? (Also, seeing how Innoventions Plaza looked in that video, the new plaza will be so much of an improvement.)

As said above, I will update this post with all the information that will come on Sunday! See ya then!

Mixed bag for me on Epcot. I could do without the moana splashpad, and would prefer Coco not going to Mexico if only to preserve GF as a walk on. Won't start on the beer garden. These things have all been out there so nothing shocking.
Will be excited to see (hopefully) what they have planned for Imagination and am looking forward to the space restaurant. Also love the logos and where in the heck can I get prints of some of the posters they had up? Those are fantastic.

Had no plans to ever stay at sW hotel, but if it looks like that.....

mickeyfan5534

Mixed bag for me on Epcot. I could do without the moana splashpad, and would prefer Coco not going to Mexico if only to preserve GF as a walk on. Won't start on the beer garden. These things have all been out there so nothing shocking.
Will be excited to see (hopefully) what they have planned for Imagination and am looking forward to the space restaurant. Also love the logos and where in the heck can I get prints of some of the posters they had up? Those are fantastic.

Had no plans to ever stay at sW hotel, but if it looks like that.....
I don’t see much about the Moana splash pad. From my understanding, it’s much more of a water garden with light Moana elements than a kid’s splash pad. I can’t remember the last time I haven’t seen GFT without switchbacks in front of the restaurant. I just have the impression that the Epcot/IPcot complaints were really overblown by the purists who think everything should have stayed as it was in 1985. Keep in mind though, I was born in 1997 and wasn’t visiting regularly until 2015-ish so there’s no nostalgia for a lot of Classic Epcot. But I perceive a lot of strong entertaining elements tying into at least a semblance of “educate, inform, and entertain” between the water feature, Ratatouille, Coco, even the Beer Garden if they lean into “yeah we made this brew here let me show you how we did it”.

Disney Dad 3000

I don’t see much about the Moana splash pad. From my understanding, it’s much more of a water garden with light Moana elements than a kid’s splash pad. I can’t remember the last time I haven’t seen GFT without switchbacks in front of the restaurant. I just have the impression that the Epcot/IPcot complaints were really overblown by the purists who think everything should have stayed as it was in 1985. Keep in mind though, I was born in 1997 and wasn’t visiting regularly until 2015-ish so there’s no nostalgia for a lot of Classic Epcot. But I perceive a lot of strong entertaining elements tying into at least a semblance of “educate, inform, and entertain” between the water feature, Ratatouille, Coco, even the Beer Garden if they lean into “yeah we made this brew here let me show you how we did it”.

Yeah, the splash pad comment was more directed at what I can see certain parents out there letting their kids do to it. I imagine they'll make something nice out of it though. Would still rather see it go in adventure land.

I'm a big fan of the France updates if only there had been away to better access the additions. Rat makes sense and needed on that side of the park. If this double decker carousel for MP comes to fruition in the UK, though I'd prefer a dark ride, world showcase will be in a good place.

I'm not as big a die hard Epcot purist as some, but I do, and will miss the last vestiges of what it was, especially future world. Like I said, I appreciate some of the updates(especially the entrance), just wish it didn't have to all be character driven. To each his own, many will enjoy it. I just hope the end result is that it's still unique enough to not feel like the MK.

mickeyfan5534

Yeah, the splash pad comment was more directed at what I can see certain parents out there letting their kids do to it. I imagine they'll make something nice out of it though. Would still rather see it go in adventure land.

I'm a big fan of the France updates if only there had been away to better access the additions. Rat makes sense and needed on that side of the park. If this double decker carousel for MP comes to fruition in the UK, though I'd prefer a dark ride, world showcase will be in a good place.

I'm not as big a die hard Epcot purist as some, but I do, and will miss the last vestiges of what it was, especially future world. Like I said, I appreciate some of the updates(especially the entrance), just wish it didn't have to all be character driven. To each his own, many will enjoy it. I just hope the end result is that it's still unique enough to not feel like the MK.
Even character driven I'm not too upset with since a lot of the IP they're using is at least culturally driven or has a strong tie to the theme. Moana is all about discovery and a lovely walkthrough themed to the water cycle with a Moana skin on it fits. Same with Coco and it's tie to one of the most important festivals for Mexico. Even Frozen I can stretch to having some relevance in Norway as a way of introducing some elements of Norwegian culture like the fjords and Kristoff being Sámi.
The sore thumb is Guardians but for all we don't really know anything about it other than Guardians. I just have a lot of optimism that Epcot can and will be done with a lot of consideration and love.

Disney Dad 3000

Even character driven I'm not too upset with since a lot of the IP they're using is at least culturally driven or has a strong tie to the theme. Moana is all about discovery and a lovely walkthrough themed to the water cycle with a Moana skin on it fits. Same with Coco and it's tie to one of the most important festivals for Mexico. Even Frozen I can stretch to having some relevance in Norway as a way of introducing some elements of Norwegian culture like the fjords and Kristoff being Sámi.
The sore thumb is Guardians but for all we don't really know anything about it other than Guardians. I just have a lot of optimism that Epcot can and will be done with a lot of consideration and love.
I certainly became more intrigued by guardians from the brief shots we saw.
Bad location and back story aside, those were at least some nice visuals of what looked like the proposed queue. Sure it will be a fun ride. Hopefully theyve got something up their sleeve with a call back to UOE/Epcot/etc

Skipper2

Am I the only one here who thinks that if they get rid of Mouse Gear altogether, they'd have enough room to bring back Horizons? (Or at the very least, a "sequel" or spiritual successor, because the original is kinda outdated.)

EDIT: Picture detailing how it could work.

View attachment 401309
Please find a place to put a New Horizons location, mouse gear or not. I want some cerebral attractions at Epcot again since we now have enough visceral ones. IMHO

Evilgidgit

Is anyone else hyped for the Parks Panel? I fully intend to cover every last detail, and I'll share the updated "D23 Park Updates" post when all is said and done.

I am indeed. Hopefully someone will livestream it. Here's my guesswork:
-90% will be about WDW's 50th anniversary, describing the changes to Epcot, Mickey & Minnie, Tron Lightcycle, the Star Wars Hotel, etc.
-Moana
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Ratatouille
-The Play Pavilion
-Perhaps something for Journey into Imagination (bring back Dreamfinder).
-Avengers Campus, though primarily in DCA.
-Yack on about how Galaxy's Edge was a debatable success.
-Extremely minor coverage of Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.
-New cruise ships.
-Maybe a couple of minor surprises.

DisneyManOne

And now, the updated D23 park announcements:
D23 Park Updates Thus Far: (This will be updated over time with each new announcement)

-- The Marvel land at DCA will be called "Avengers Campus" and be interwoven with the Paris and Hong Kong Marvel lands with the narrative that the Avengers are recruiting new heroes the world over, and these lands serve as their campuses.

-- The Star Wars hotel being built near Hollywood Studios' Galaxy's Edge will be called "Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser."

-- At Epcot, Innoventions West will be removed to make way for the expanded plaza. As part of the new plaza, a walkthrough called "Moana: Journey of Water" will be opening. More on this development will be announced Sunday, but for now, this is what Disney has said: "This first-ever attraction based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios hit film, “Moana,” will let guests interact with magical, living water in a beautiful and inspiring setting."

-- The Odyssey will play host to "Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience", which will give guests a sneak peek at all the upcoming additions the park.

-- Disney has said that Epcot will be split into "four neighborhoods" -- Blog Mickey surmises that this will apply to Future World only -- but no further information has dropped about that yet.

-- The Future World pavilion logos are coming back.

-- Laughing Place on Twitter shared this photograph of an Epcot model, heavily implying that Coco will be added to the Mexico pavilion. (EDIT: I was wrong about this. No announcement was made for a Coco ride. Gran Fiesta Tour is safe.)

ECny9G7UcAA_TVI

-- Furthermore, Disney also released this nifty bit of concept art:

epcot-overhaul-concept-art-d23-2019-1.jpg

If this concept art is any indication, they are emulating the original Epcot concept art from around the time the park was to open:

EarlyE.jpg

EDIT: Attractions Magazine has uploaded this video, detailing concept art from Epcot's transformation.

What intrigues me about this video is how it gives us a more in-depth look at the new plaza replacing Innoventions. In addition to the new restaurant replacing Electric Umbrella and the new beer garden, we'll also be getting new fountains, unique lighting in the trees and a garden area inspired by Alice in Wonderland. And is it just me, or does the acrobatics group depicted at 3:11 make me feel like we'll see Kristos returning? (Also, seeing how Innoventions Plaza looked in that video, the new plaza will be so much of an improvement.)

As said above, I will update this post with all the information that will come on Sunday! See ya then!

EDIT: It's Parks Panel Day! Here is everything they announced today (BTW, I'm only covering new stuff they announced, and not any elaborations on past announcements -- i;e Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge or Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway):

-- New parade at Disneyland called "Magic Happens", replacing Mickey's Soundsational Parade; featuring a song by YouTube artist Todrick Hall.

-- Frozen land coming to Hong Kong Disneyland, with Epcot's Frozen Ever After and Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs, which basically looks like a Frozen-ified Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Also, Hong Kong's new castle finally gets a name: Castle of Magical Dreams.

-- Cirque du Soleil is working with Disney Animation to make a new show to replace La Nouba, all about Disney animation. In fact, animator extraordinaire Eric Goldberg is working on the project! The story is about a young girl whose father was an animator, and she is sent on a journey of self-discovery through the world of Disney. It will begin a preview session at Disney Springs on March 20th, 2020 and will officially open on April 17th.

-- At Avengers Campus, the Spider-Man ride is still a go; the land's major restaurant will be themed around Ant-Man and the Wasp and Doctor Strange will have a show here. The second phase will bring about the long-awaited Avengers E-ticket. California's Phase One will open in 2020.

-- At Epcot, Future Word will be split into three different areas: "World Discovery" (Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, PLAY!, Mission: SPACE and Test Track), "World Nature" (The Land and The Seas) and "World Celebration." (Spaceship Earth, Journey Into Imagination, Odyssey and new gardens) Add in the existing World Showcase, and you've got the aforementioned four neighborhoods! While Spaceship Earth remains the icon of Epcot, Dreamers' Point will serve as a new central icon, featuring a statue of Walt finally getting to see his new dream.

-- Figment is still a part of the park, I should say. They made sure to mention that Figment will continue to play a part in the new transformation of the park. If they are to do something with Figment's ride, I think they'll announce it when they announce what will come to the park for WDW's 50th anniversary, most likely at the next Destination D.

-- The aforementioned Moana: Journey of Water will focus on the importance of the natural water cycle.

-- The three upcoming films (Awesome Planet at The Land, Canada Far and Wide and Wondrous China) will open in January.

-- HarmonioUS is the name of the new Disney-inspired nighttime spectacular that will replace IllumiNations.

And I would like to end with, perhaps, the biggest news of all...

WE ARE FINALLY GETTING A MARY POPPINS ATTRACTION!

Bert himself, **** Van ****, appeared on stage to make this announcement, and they showed a picture of him in the recording booth. The United Kingdom pavilion will be expanded to include Cherry Tree Lane, the starting point of a great adventure. No elaboration on what the experience will be like, but I bet it's going to be an incredible dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom